How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-12-2011
Fat Karl

So far I'm liking it. So glad to see Ymre and I just can't wait for more Elise! The casting is really great, although I'm a bit mystified by Natasha...it just smells to me of an agency pressuring Prada to use her...there's nothing Prada about her for me, and she's so terribly over exposed and also so synonymous with Gucci, too. Everyone else here is quintasential Prada...Natasha just doesn't fit (neither here or in the show).

It's not like she looks bad here, it's her name and being alone that distracts.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

This is very Miu Miu Fall 2008 (Vanessa Paradis). Terribly unoriginal concept from Meisel!

20-12-2011
Team Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture
there's nothing Prada about her for me, and she's so terribly over exposed and also so synonymous with Gucci, too. Everyone else here is quintasential Prada...Natasha just doesn't fit (neither here or in the show).

Agreed. it's just Natasha Poly wearing Prada, not a real Prada girl wearing Prada.

20-12-2011
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
So far I'm liking it. So glad to see Ymre and I just can't wait for more Elise! The casting is really great, although I'm a bit mystified by Natasha...it just smells to me of an agency pressuring Prada to use her...there's nothing Prada about her for me, and she's so terribly over exposed and also so synonymous with Gucci, too. Everyone else here is quintasential Prada...Natasha just doesn't fit (neither here or in the show).

You mean quintessential? So just because she's done Gucci before (11 campaigns, 7 OG) she can't do Prada anymore? It's so sad that she can't be in this campaign because of her name and not through her modeling capabilities, for you. Amazing logic, way beyond my limited comprehension, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazillion View Post
Agreed. it's just Natasha Poly wearing Prada, not a real Prada girl wearing Prada.
Well by that analysis, it can also be said that it's just Kati and Katryn wearing Prada and not Prada girls wearing Prada as this is their first as well.

God, I just love how people know better than Meisel and Miuccia themselves. So much bitterness in my screen rn that I had to eat a cake to wash off the taste in my mouth. Go outside, get some sun or something.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
There is too much stuff going on in the new pictures - the images look so muddled to me, when I dissect some of the photos there are things that I like like Natasha's pose - except for that shadow on her leg, and also the other model in the image with her; I also like the model in the pink dress, I like the cars and some of the handbags as well but it isn't a good thing for me to have to study the images to pick out the good parts.

I like the first image released of Elise, and I also like the image of the flame shoes in front of a car that came out shortly after Elise's image, but the new stuff is too messy.
That shadow irks me, too. Glad I'm not the only one. Normally I probably wouldn't even notice such things but when you have such a heavily retouched and strongly saturated picture things like awkward shadows and wrinkles in the clothes become really obvious and look like flaws that you feel like shouldn't be there.
And I also agree that there is way too much going on. GREAT model cast but honestly I feel like it could be anyone in these images. The campaign is so over-styled and packed with accessories, strong colors, etc. that the models are far from being the main focus in these pictures.

I really only like the first shot that was released with Elise but am curious to see all of it in print anyway.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

woahh this thread has gone nuts! anyway the casting is really great, you go kati, you go! it's not my favourite campaign this season but it's quite nice and the colours are great. can't wait to see more pics, especially of elise.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

not feeling this campaign at all so far

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

I have to agree that Natasha isn't really "Prada". However she got a amazing presence, which i adore.

I agree with Valliadict: I also think that Kati and Katryn are to much a like. I would prefer one of them instead of both. I like Katryn better so i would go for Katryn and a colored girl.

About Ymre: Miuccia never lost her love for her. I've heard from a very good source that Miuccia still had interest in Ymre, even when she took a break to go back at school

Little off topic: but i'm kind a suprised not to see Querelle in these adds.

Last edited by Forrest; 20-12-2011 at 05:38 AM.
20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
You mean quintessential? So just because she's done Gucci before (11 campaigns, 7 OG) she can't do Prada anymore? It's so sad that she can't be in this campaign because of her name and not through her modeling capabilities, for you. Amazing logic, way beyond my limited comprehension, really

Well by that analysis, it can also be said that it's just Kati and Katryn wearing Prada and not Prada girls wearing Prada as this is their first as well.

God, I just love how people know better than Meisel and Miuccia themselves. So much bitterness in my screen rn that I had to eat a cake to wash off the taste in my mouth. Go outside, get some sun or something.
There's only one person sounding bitter here.

20-12-2011
fashion elite

This is epic, EPIC!
This will be a ad that many seasons from now i will still remember.
Its amazing, what an amazing shots you know?
Meisel did it again, this is flawless.
He got the right angle, the right type of editing(what i cant say for other ad ).
The cast is also amazing with a little of everything. Newcomers, rising stars, established, top models, lost supermodels.
WOW this is so amazing

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

Little off topic: but i'm kind a suprised not to see Querelle in these adds.
I know, honey. I have the same feeling about it too. Also Guinevere. But at least they have Natasha, Meghan and Ymre aside from Elise.

Honestly, I don't mind if Natasha doesn't have that Prada aesthetic in her or whatsoever. What matters most, for me, is that she's part of this one and she looks stunning. She's working it actually in her shot with Elise.

Can't wait to see the full campaign especially Elise's shots.

V.I.P.

Natasha doesn't bother me that much, I think she's one of the few people that can give that dress justice but saying that she's more Prada's girl than Meghan is really ridiculous.
I'm so happy for Ymre and Elise. Meisel did a great job and proves again that he's the best.

V.I.P.

really love this campaing. Beautiful clothes mixed with colourful background and great light and angles - perfect choice

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Really happy to see Elise, Meghan and Katryn!

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Meisel could've done better but alas, it was way better than his disastrous Balenciaga S/S12 Ad The best casting for Prada in years Elise, Natasha & Ymre werkk!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, elise, guinevere, katryn, meghan, meisel, natasha, prada, s or s, steven, ymre