How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

with all that model talk, this thread is pretty much useless. i'm expecting new pictures, maybe finally something GOOD, instead of 'yay'.

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

^Your constant complaining about model talk doesn't exactly improve the quality of this thread either.

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13 View Post

Does this mean Guinevere is also part of the cast? If so then O-M-G! My fingers are crossed now.
I think yes, because her agency Women Management posted these two preview photos and mentioned that it's Guinevere.

ttp://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=10014075&postcount=99

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=116

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

wow, really wanna see more of elise in this campaign! she seems to look gorgeous.

V.I.P.

I knew it that it's Guinevere in the sunglasses shot. Can't wait for the whole set of this campaign to come out! It's fantastic already.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
^Your constant complaining about model talk doesn't exactly improve the quality of this thread either.
i'm less constant than the model talk tho

noone cares about the campaign pictures (which, as far as campaign pictures go, are weak)

all people talk here is 'their girls'

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

But the casting is an integral part of the discussion surrounding new ads, so I don't mind all the model talk.

21-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i'm less constant than the model talk tho

noone cares about the campaign pictures (which, as far as campaign pictures go, are weak)

all people talk here is 'their girls'
Well to some people Model's are like they're "idols", which is understandable. I personally think all the speculation is quite fun. (When it's not ridiculous) Prada is a hot brand at the moment so the hype shouldn't be surprising. It's a big deal for a model to have her name attached to such a major brand.

As far as the images go, they're fabulous... But maybe a little too cramped. They would probably work better as single page Ads since they're is absolutely no interaction between the models. It's a positive step forward for Prada as well as Meisel.

Last edited by GivenchyHomme; 21-12-2011 at 06:09 PM.
21-12-2011
V.I.P.

^ Speculation filling up the thread is bound to be removed though.

It's also important to keep in mind that Ad Campaigns, just like Designers & Collections and the shows that feature models, is not an extension of Supporting Cast. This section is becoming more and more exclusive everyday, there is no room to engage in a discuss about the images because every single thread is flooded with "OOMMG NATASHA", what do you exactly discuss with that? what does that have to do with the work of the photographer, the makeup artist, the hair stylist, the stylist, the entire composition? you don't even have to go very profound with that in particular or with anything, but one should remember this is not a blog or fan site, it's a discussion board, and as such some involvement or effort should be practiced, even if you're 12 years-old, for everyone's good.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazillion View Post
That looks like Ymre.

21-12-2011
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^ Speculation filling up the thread is bound to be removed though.

It's also important to keep in mind that Ad Campaigns, just like Designers & Collections and the shows that feature models, is not an extension of Supporting Cast. This section is becoming more and more exclusive everyday, there is no room to engage in a discuss about the images because every single thread is flooded with "OOMMG NATASHA", what do you exactly discuss with that? what does that have to do with the work of the photographer, the makeup artist, the hair stylist, the stylist, the entire composition? you don't even have to go very profound with that in particular or with anything, but one should remember this is not a blog or fan site, it's a discussion board, and as such some involvement or effort should be practiced, even if you're 12 years-old, for everyone's good.
Exactly. And what purpose does it serve to flood the thread with one sentence speculations of who that girl may be when the image in question is blurry, small and taken from a distance. It's asinine, people. Are we all so concerned with our post counts? Or is there another reason why we find it necessary to post all these one sentence "I love its" or "yay Natashas?"

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 21-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.
21-12-2011
V.I.P.

I definitely agree with you, MulletProof & dior_couture1245. I just think that Street_a_Licious has been on tFS long enough to know that
a) there's always bound to be a lot of speculation and excitement about the models in the Prada thread and a lot of model talk in the campaigns threads in general
and
b) that since there has already been a note posted by a moderator that model speculation is not allowed in this thread that it would be best to just report the posts that bother him instead of posting the same thing over again. (He's not a moderator after all, all the model stans are not going to listen to him)

I'd rather see people discussing all elements of the actual campaigns than just post their biased opinion on the model cast, too. But constantly complaining in every thread about it is not going to change anything about it, especially since those are 'empty posts' containing no opinion on the campaigns either. Either report the posts and get them removed or avoid the thread and check out the campaigns on wwd/the official sites, no?

21-12-2011
tfs star

How can he goes from Balenciaga's crap to this masterpiece?..lol

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
But constantly complaining in every thread about it is not going to change anything about it, especially since those are 'empty posts' containing no opinion on the campaigns either. Either report the posts and get them removed or avoid the thread and check out the campaigns on wwd/the official sites, no?
I totally understand your point of view, Psylocke and I'm the first to encourage reporting posts instead of creating havoc in threads. However, it is a truly overwhelming number of model-talk/empty posts, and just like someone can report it and us moderators have to clean it up and correct the behavior of some members, I also think it's important, when another member, that is not a moderator and that does not come off as "bossy" or pedantic on rules as often members perceive moderators to be, speak up and demonstrate that it's not just about order but really the way and the speed in which they're deteriorating the quality of our forums, which not everyone is enjoying and which won't be solved by simply not looking. By spreading out an "attitude" that resists to such posts and that is openly critical of them, you are pretty much backing up the technical and more bureaucratic work that our staff does here everyday.

I'm sorry for the mod-commercial break, but I do hope everyone reads the exchange over here, because it's crucial for this area.

V.I.P.

True. But I feel like if it's the same person doing that in every thread then it will get lost just like the moderator reminders because people will think "Oh it's the model-hater again" and will just ignore it, too (no offense to Street_a_Licious! ). But I could be completely wrong, of course. But it's been like this for a few seasons (both the complaining and the model talk) and if anything the excessive model talk seems to get worse, IMO.

Maybe we can have a discussion about the 'model stans' problem in the Member Support forum or something? Because I do agree that the board has been flooded with a ridiculous amount of useless posts with people defending their favorite models and bashing ones they don't like in all areas of tFS, in the ETC's and RHI and individual models' threads especially. There has to be something that can be done about this without just delegating even more work to the moderators (who do a great job trying to keep it under control)?

Last edited by Psylocke; 22-12-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, elise, guinevere, katryn, meghan, meisel, natasha, prada, s or s, steven, ymre