Prada S/S 2017 by Willy Vanderperre - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2017
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
^Prada is notorious for not being diverse (racially, for certain.) Prada is one of the least diverse brands

Is that Querelle with the blue thing on her head?
That's Saskia de Brauw

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
^Prada is notorious for not being diverse (racially, for certain.) Prada is one of the least diverse brands

Is that Querelle with the blue thing on her head? The model in the fifth photo literally looks like she's 10, at the most. Gross.
No it's Saskia de Brauw.

Over the last few seasons Prada has been pretty diverse in my opinion, both runway and campaigns. In his rant about lack of diversity, James Scully also said Prada had a big influence on diversity and that every casting director wants to work with the models they select for the runway shows. And hence they have a pretty good career after Prada then they would have after let's say, Lanvin or Dior. And what is more important to you, a line up filled with black models one season, or a career with actual longevity for a few?

I'm pretty sure we'll see some Asian and black models in this campaign as well.

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

I like the images... the only problem I have is the casting... we have young female/male models... then we have a mature man yet no woman... maybe it is not the full cast and I'll be pleasantly surprised...

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

This is one of my favourite collections for SS17. What I see here isn't bad, indeed, it's very dynamic. But I cannot help wishing that Jessica should've fronted this instead of the last campaign. There was a more mature elegance to the runway presentation (from the casting to the clothes), which is completely eradicated by these images. Anyway, if you regard these at face value, then it's solid.

It will be interesting to see how Vanderperre will juggle both CK and Prada. The mens shots already looks to me like Jil Sander/Raf Simons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFordforGucci View Post
Vanderperre and Olivier Rizzo? As if this brand couldn't be anymore whitewashed....
Willy Vanderperre never came across as a guy who cares about diversity, so I won't hold my breath to see MOC in his campaigns. In fact, we'll probably see less than under Meisel. And while Prada's runway casting may be diverse, I wouldn't say the same for their advertising platforms. So, pair Miuccia with Vanderperre, and it looks like we're heading back to the old days.

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

I had high hopes after Resort and in that sense, the images that are closer to that aesthetic are my favorites (the hotel and beach).
But the ones on the roof are yet another label pandering to "youth!", I hope that it´s part of the Sport campaign (are those still around?) otherwise it doesn´t relate to the rest imo.

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
I like the images... the only problem I have is the casting... we have young female/male models... then we have a mature man yet no woman... maybe it is not the full cast and I'll be pleasantly surprised...
I'd say Saskia qualify as a mature woman...

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

These are gorgeous. Best Prada campaign in a very long time. I really don't get tFS's (and probably fashion's in general) strange obsession with Meisel. When was the last time Meisel actually produced something truly amazing? And each time something new comes from him, people generally seem to accept that it's weak. Yet, everyone always gets up in arms about him not shooting a cover/campaign.

Anyway, back to this. I also dislike the trend in current campaigns to shoot like a dozen different, random people and giving them each one shot. The campaign really becomes less significant and less special somehow. Just like with the trend of having 26 different cover versions each month. I'd much rather have a couple people in a campaign. It's less anonymous and has more gravitas for me.

fashion elite

^^
FW16 was actually an extraordinary last campaign for Meisel. On paper, it was flawless for a collection that wasn't that great IRL...

For me, Willy is like Raf...They are a bit like fanboys. I expect from him to shoot a lot of Meisel favorite anyway... I mean at Dior, they shot some of Meisel favorite women so...
And as long as Ashley Brokaw is working with Prada, the casts will be great.

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

Great images so far, can't wait to see more.

04-01-2017
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Love the photos and Willy but honestly I find Willy's work for Prada so far all look similar. I will definitely miss the anticipation waiting for Meisel-Prada campaign.

04-01-2017
tfs star

Prada was one of the best women's collection of SS '17 and I find the clothes absolutely hideous here. Saskia's shot is really strong, but since an ad is to sell the product this all crumbles for me because the clothes and accessories are distractingly ugly.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtdaily View Post
I'd say Saskia qualify as a mature woman...
Saskia is 35... Jude is 44 ... almost 10 years difference...

05-01-2017
backstage pass

The girl slayeddd

front row

This is aesthetically boring AF. Willy is just not the right person to bring any freshness to this brand.

05-01-2017
trendsetter

The images are stunning. But I don't think Prada can build a relationship with Willy in the same way they did with Meisel. Meisel challenged himself while (or at least be tried and sometimes failed) while Willy (especially combined with Rizzo) brings out the same old formula. So this and the resort campaigns look great but if they go on like this, I think it will become very repetitive, especially considering his special projects for Prada too. Also, I liked the collection much more on the runway than here in the campaign. I'm curious to see more, but I already expect what the next pictures will look like.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, prada, s or s, vanderperre, willy