Prada S/S 2017 by Willy Vanderperre - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2017
fashion elite

Prada S/S 2017 by Willy Vanderperre
It's official! Goodbye Meisel hello Willy.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...ising-strategy

business of fashion

V.I.P.

This is absolutely stunning. I'm sad Meisel is gone but if this is Willy's result I won't miss him for a second.

Great colours, angles and perspectives in a minimalistic Vanderperre way. Love!!!

04-01-2017
fashion elite

The picture with the woman is 10/10
The one with Jude Law is also good but the rest is meh

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

Beautiful result, but still sad Meisel is no longer photographing Prada

04-01-2017
fashion icon

I like it, but i'm truly disappointed that Meisel is gone.

04-01-2017
fashion insider

I'll miss Meisel because Prada was really the place where he challenged us the most. His campaigns did to us what some collections did + they were always eye-catching and that is kinda admirable.

I bet that the fact that he does not travel was kinda hard for them...

That being said, this is great. I love the pictures and i think that as a whole, it's very effective and energetic.
Willy's challenge now will be to really push himself in terms of creativity as he will be in charge of two big brands (Calvin Klein & Prada).

Now can they stop the disaster that is Miu Miu?

Last edited by Lola701; 04-01-2017 at 02:11 AM.
04-01-2017
fashion elite

Vanderperre and Olivier Rizzo? As if this brand couldn't be anymore whitewashed...

That article was cringe worthy. LBR This house is just following the recent LV/Gucci/Saint Laurent campaign formula. They really should go back to 'only girl' campaigns, now those were special.

Last edited by TomFordforGucci; 04-01-2017 at 02:16 AM.
04-01-2017
V.I.P.

Sad to see Meisel is gone, but I guess it was time to move on... I'm curious to see if Willy will be able to deliver for every campaign/"special project" of their new strategy.

I love Jonas & Jude for Prada menswear. Excited to see the full spread.

Last edited by sixtdaily; 04-01-2017 at 02:12 AM.
04-01-2017
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFordforGucci View Post
Vanderperre and Olivier Rizzo? As if this brand couldn't be anymore whitewashed...

That article was cringe worthy. LBR This house is just following the recent LV/Gucci/Saint Laurent campaign formula. They really should go back to 'only girl' campaigns, now those were special.
They stopped that a while ago. I doubt they'll go back to that now.
Does this mean that there won't be anymore "Prada girls" now that Meisel is gone? No more campaigns with Sasha P or etc?

V.I.P.

^ I feel like Meisel and Vanderperre have the same taste in models...

04-01-2017
front row

Of course people are going to get pissed about Meisel's departure, the way I see it he had been far too mediocre recently for me to get all nostalgic just now, specially considering the quality of this campaign. Willy has been closely involved with the house for years now (as a result of his partnership with Olivier) and this images demonstrate he's the right man for this job.

Last edited by YohjiAddict; 04-01-2017 at 03:23 AM.
04-01-2017
scenester

Finally!!Very impressive pictures! I love them all.Good for Willy!
Now I'm looking forward to see Jing Wen's images release.

04-01-2017
fashion icon

That article makes it sound that Meisel had shot all the Prada campaigns since 1992 which is not the truth... Indeed Meisel has created many many iconic images for Prada campaigns but there are other photographers who have also contributed great works during 90s, think about Glen Lunchford's work with Amber Valletta during 97 & 98 (they are still on the top of my favorite Prada campaigns of all time) & Peter Lindbergh's work in early 90s.

Anyway, Meisel had shot Prada campaigns consecutively for 14 years (from S/S 2002 to F/W 2016, not including some seasons during the 90s) and it's a fresh new start to see another photographer to interpret the brand through his lens. I wish Vanderperre will do wonders in the future.

Still I have to agree with some of you guys mentioned before, the Prada365 concepts sounds like there will be many images with totally different themes coming out in different stage of time, and I'm not sure how it will look. I do hope it means different themes and images in different media (e.g. print, social media, in store etc.) instead of incoherent images in one campaign which makes not much sense like some brands are doing now.

04-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFordforGucci View Post
Prada is actually one of the more diverse brands out there and their models continue to have success after they've walked or shot for the brand.

Can't stop looking at that image of Sarah Grace Wallerstedt. Can't wait to see more images, particularly of Kiki Willems.

btw, Saskia, Kiki and Sarah have all been photographed by Meisel before, the first two multiple times even. Their taste in models is very similar and let's not forget that Miuccia and Ashley are also involved in casting. So I predict this isn't the end of Sasha P.

04-01-2017
everything sucks!

^Prada is notorious for not being diverse (racially, for certain.) Prada is one of the least diverse brands

Is that Querelle with the blue thing on her head? The model in the fifth photo literally looks like she's 10, at the most. Gross.

Last edited by t-rex; 04-01-2017 at 04:45 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, prada, s or s, vanderperre, willy