How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-07-2007
backstage pass

Yes I was just going to point that out...fashioin...

15-07-2007
V.I.P.

The spelling makes it even lamer than the other. They couldn't have thought of a better "pun"?

15-07-2007
teenage dream.

The problem is that they rely too much on shock! and puns, so they probably ran out of ideas. Cause you know, good designers can't just let the clothes speak for themselves.

15-07-2007
rising star

I am in total love with this thread

15-07-2007
backstage pass

Ohhhh...I get it now That is such a stupid pun.

15-07-2007
backstage pass

I quite like the Sisley ads, it fits with their branding

21-07-2007
Press escape to continue.

Quote:
Sisley: The Ads online are fake
Let us be perfectly clear: Sisley had nothing to do with the "shocking" online ad campaign that we have reported on in recent days. The images of poor taste that have been circulating on the web and passed off as extracted images from an upcoming fall ad campaign for the brand, which is part of Gruppo Benetton, are completely fabricated. This raises some serious and disturbing questions: it is still unclear who was behind the circulation of these offensive and misleading images and what reasons he or she had for doing it.
fashionfm.it . published 15 February 2007

22-07-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse View Post
fashionfm.it . published 15 February 2007
...Isn't "shocking" kind of what Sisley ads are all about..? Or is that just the ones I've seen? They're probably bummed they didn't come up with it!

23-07-2007
trendsetter

L.I.E. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242587/

23-07-2007
backstage pass

was that an ad?? ^^

23-07-2007
French Chic

^ Doubt it, I know they push the limits with the Sisley ads but I don't think they'd get away with that one.

17-08-2007
lovely but empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelynn View Post
I feel guilty but I LOVE that sisley ad. because in all reality, they're not actually doing anything illegal it's up to you and how you percieve it
I must say I almost agree. I usually love Sisley ads, particularly the older ones, but they just get more and more gimmicky each season. The current ones seem to be almost self-deprecating because of how exaggerated they are, particularly the model's totally vacant, dead facial expression, and that image in and of itself really caught my eye and I quite enjoyed it. BUT THEN THEY HAD TO GO TOTALLY DESTROY IT. The whole "junkie" bit feels like a superfluous punch line here, and the heroin/fashioin connection seemed to just reinforce that redundancy ("and oh, by the way guys, here at Sisley we're making this REALLY GREAT reference to coke and heroin in our ads, in case you didn't notice the first time, isn't it great aren't we genius?"), and then they had to throw in the credit card and what looks like coke in it too. That sent the whole thing into "HI WE'RE NOT DESPERATE OR ANYTHING BUT LOOK! BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER! COKE! AREN'T WE SO SHOCKING? BUY OUR CRAP!" territory. And it makes me sad.

Gratuity can be done so well. It really can. And Terry and Co. seem to have lost touch of where the humour within their excess lies. Way to waste Lara, seriously.

17-08-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola belle View Post
I must say I almost agree. I usually love Sisley ads, particularly the older ones, but they just get more and more gimmicky each season. The current ones seem to be almost self-deprecating because of how exaggerated they are, particularly the model's totally vacant, dead facial expression, and that image in and of itself really caught my eye and I quite enjoyed it. BUT THEN THEY HAD TO GO TOTALLY DESTROY IT. The whole "junkie" bit feels like a superfluous punch line here, and the heroin/fashioin connection seemed to just reinforce that redundancy ("and oh, by the way guys, here at Sisley we're making this REALLY GREAT reference to coke and heroin in our ads, in case you didn't notice the first time, isn't it great aren't we genius?"), and then they had to throw in the credit card and what looks like coke in it too. That sent the whole thing into "HI WE'RE NOT DESPERATE OR ANYTHING BUT LOOK! BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER! COKE! AREN'T WE SO SHOCKING? BUY OUR CRAP!" territory. And it makes me sad.
as if this hasn't been done with other drugs (like alcohol, tobacco, even SSRIs) for ages. but anyway, how smart to people have to be to realize those coke ads were fake? I mean, don't you think Sisley would know how to spell "fashion"?

Last edited by ZigZagLens; 17-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.

18-08-2007
backstage pass

^It was wrong on purpose...fashioin is supposed to be like heroin.

18-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
I mean, don't you think Sisley would know how to spell "fashion"?
Well said. I knew that they were fake already. Sisley does provocative and offensive, but they don't do stupid.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ads, offensive, provocative