How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-03-2008
jedinečnej krásy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symetrie View Post
Can't the nuns just find another object to paint, instead of a naked man?
true, but if they did we wouldn't be discussing it.

i just think it's funny. it's certainly not sexual.

10-03-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSunday View Post
i just think it's funny. it's certainly not sexual.
LOL, wat?? It certainly is.

But I just think, if anything, it'd encourage others to become nuns.

10-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesrules815 View Post
Oh my god! And to think, there is now a Candies Foundation raising awareness about the consequences of teen pregnancy.

10-03-2008
jedinečnej krásy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
LOL, wat?? It certainly is.

But I just think, if anything, it'd encourage others to become nuns.
I think it could have been a very innocent "Oops, excuse me sister, I just stepped out of the shower onto this marble table and dropped my towel. Do you mind if I stand around and air-dry?" That certainly wouldn't be sexual! :p

And on the 2nd point - it could certainly increase application rates!

10-03-2008
V.I.P.

BTW, I was just thinking, does anyone think that full frontal nudity will ever become ok, meaning not that 'controversial'? I mean, back in the days boobs and behinds (both male and female) were considered too risque and now, especially as far as butts are concerned it's like nothing.

How many years before the same attitude will apply to the WHOLE body? I'm not saying it's either good or bad, I'm just making an observation.

10-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
BTW, I was just thinking, does anyone think that full frontal nudity will ever become ok, meaning not that 'controversial'? I mean, back in the days boobs and behinds (both male and female) were considered too risque and now, especially as far as butts are concerned it's like nothing.

How many years before the same attitude will apply to the WHOLE body? I'm not saying it's either good or bad, I'm just making an observation.
i think that regardless of when it will be commonly accepted, it will all depend on the nature of it. if it's obviously meant to be explicit and dirty, i think that it will continue to be controversial. but it is it meant to be artful, then it will just be that... art, fashion, etc.! i mean, we see breasts covered by sheer and see through laces and chiffon on the runway all of the time now. i think it's only a short amount of time before full frontal nudity (as long as it is tasteful and artful,) will not be considered a bit no-no, or controversial.

26-03-2008
V.I.P.

i just found this

photobucket.com

26-03-2008
fashion insider

ooh GOD! hahahaha that one is....i dunno weird! hahah

26-03-2008
V.I.P.

exactly!!! i think its such a weird ad

26-03-2008
backstage pass

You did say provocative & offensive? Here's a tasty treat for ya....airwalk - interview march 1995.jpg Product: Airwalk Sneakers - Source: Interview Magazine- March 1995 - Scanned by Me!

27-03-2008
backstage pass

One more. This ad was submitted as offensive in a publication.neglected bear original ad.jpg Source: Adbusters- No. 69 - In the "Toxic Culture" Section. A reader submitted this with the following: "I found the ad in W Magazine. It immediately caught my attention in a terrible way. The young girl is pictured among expensive shoes and handbags...she wears diamond earrings and her teddy bear lies neglected on the floor."

27-03-2008
there is no fear

ok,to me that's just a baby girl who got into her mom's closet...i scenario i experience everyday

27-03-2008
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslana rules View Post
One more. This ad was submitted as offensive in a publication. Source: Adbusters- No. 69 - In the "Toxic Culture" Section. A reader submitted this with the following: "I found the ad in W Magazine. It immediately caught my attention in a terrible way. The young girl is pictured among expensive shoes and handbags...she wears diamond earrings and her teddy bear lies neglected on the floor."
Wow.. That's just reading too much into it.. agree with hfgl saying it just looks like a girl who walks into her moms closet

27-03-2008
barcode

Wow, I must be extremely simple-minded....I never would've gotten that message from the shoe ad.

My guess is that the people who came up with it weren't thinking that deeply either, thye were probably going for a "future generation fashionista" kind of thing.

Anyway, how many kinds throw away their teddy bears when a better toy comes along, does that make them neglectful? :p

27-03-2008
tfs star

Arn't the Benneton ads just portraying some scenes that people need to know about and not forget? I don't see how they are advertising fashion but I don't see much wrong with them. they're certainly thought provoking

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ads, offensive, provocative