How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-11-2009
V.I.P.

Love the end of that D&G commercial.

17-11-2009
backstage pass

I like the concept of the D&G commercial, but the girl looks like she hasn't reached puberty yet.

17-11-2009
V.I.P.

The age of the girl never even entered my mind, until I read it on here. I love the ending of the commercial.

25-01-2010
V.I.P.

Does anyone know which season this Guiseppe Zanotti ad was?

about-face

27-01-2010
fashion elite

I like the ed!!! So funny!

09-02-2010
fashion insider

the new A|X campaign; perhaps they should have put a shirt on one of the guys so it would look more like an embrace rather than foreplay

pic from Marlon's thread

09-02-2010
V.I.P.

^ I'm loving the first shot.

09-02-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
the new A|X campaign; perhaps they should have put a shirt on one of the guys so it would look more like an embrace rather than foreplay

pic from Marlon's thread
Who are the female models?

09-02-2010
Not Thinking About Time

Quote:
Armani Exchange came up with a "Share the Love" Valentine's Day campaign, which is unique in that it features same-sex couples. However, the American Family Association's OneMillionMoms.com is upset by the ads. The organization aims to rid our society of the "filth" their children must contend with every day. Normally they focus on television, but they write on their website that they can no longer ignore "fashion designers using scantily dressed models in advertisements who have recently put their focus on threesomes or same-s*x couples." Apparently this ad campaign qualifies as filth for several reasons, according to this site.
Malls, where teens hang out, have retailers whose window displays poison our children with 10-foot posters that are nothing but soft p*rn. In particular, Armani Exchange has recently displayed Valentine's posters with partially dressed "couples" holding one another. These couples consist of two men, a man and woman, and two women. The women are scantily dressed while it is questionable if the men have any clothes on at all. Two of these models are used a couple of times to represent bis*xuals. If it could get any worse the text written is "SHARE THE LOVE." (An asterisk '*' is used to ensure our emails get through to those who have signed up for our alerts. Otherwise specific words referenced would be blocked by some Internet filters.)
Not every local mall has an Armani Exchange, but we need to take a stand since A|X is one of the fashion leaders and this is becoming a popular trend. You may view these on their website at www.armaniexchange.com. WARNING! Pictures are offensive.
Actually, this campaign is great because not only is it unique, but the fashion industry is perfect for promoting equality for same-sex couples. Besides, Armani Exchange ads usually feature a bunch of greasy models rubbing up on each other, if not in exactly these arrangements. But has this organization lashed out at Abercrombie, too? Because they've been putting naked models in catalogues for years, and more recently hiring them to walk around their stores. What happens when those guys are working and shirtless and give each other one of those bro half-hugs where they pull their torsos toward one another and pat each other on the back? Does OneMillionMoms.com ban their kids from the mall and start a campaign against bro hugs to prevent their kids from absorbing the filthy, homoerotic behaviors of bros? Or how about this: SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX. Now launch a campaign against us.

Read more: Same-Sex Couples in Armani Exchange Ads Anger Parent Group -- The Cut http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/...#ixzz0f6ctByBa
From ny mag
Its funny that the adds did'nt even make me blink an eye when I saw it hahaha.

Portfolio Last FM

09-02-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Who are the female models?
Irina Sheik and Tamiris Souza

Quote:
Its funny that the adds did'nt even make me blink an eye when I saw it hahaha
Neither did i Those 'got milk' ads are more provocative and suggestive to me XD

10-02-2010
Alluring

Quote:
Malls, where teens hang out, have retailers whose window displays poison our children with 10-foot posters that are nothing but soft p*rn.
Geez, what a bulls*it. Like it wasn't more poison on the telly or in the cinema movies

10-02-2010
MON
V.I.P.

^^^^ The first shot is LOVE

10-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
Geez, what a bulls*it. Like it wasn't more poison on the telly or in the cinema movies
Or like sex was something poisoning.

10-02-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

on the east or west coast, these sorts of ads HARDLY represent the most raciest OR homoerotic stuff peddled about as advertising. and everywhere in between? if their boys are shopping at armani exchange, they're probably gay already.

13-02-2010
fashion insider

Im sooo loving that armanni AD! its just great!! the message, the phtography and also the models.....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ads, offensive, provocative