How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKLAB View Post
i am pretty sure that the models are only extras......
I missed the part that models were supposed to get the Miu Miu campaign but it's not surprising that there still is a celebrity in the foreground. I like Katie Holmes a lot (Suri even more) but then I remembered this collection and I don't know if this will work.

I will wait with a bit of curiousity and judge later. Maybe some girls who didn't make it to the Prada cast like Marloes Host are included?

19-11-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuli_trendy View Post
well why don;t we wait until the pics is released. this is the same thing when lindsay lohan announce to be the new face of miu miu. and so many people here hate that. just wait for the pics. maybe mert and marcus or whoever shot the ads, can do some magic to her.
Personally, I think Lohan is a different situation. Love or hate her the girl she was top of the Hollywood pile not only for her drama but (though it's become a distant memory) her (still burgeoning) acting chops. She's been in a Robert Altman film!

What has Kate done besides Dawsons Creek? Anybody?

I'm sure some magic will be done to make her look good and I suppose that's all that matters but I still think the choice is fundamentally wrong for the brand considering the type of actresses it has chosen before.

fashion insider

Katie...how random, I can't picture her in the campaign. She's so boring.

And I love LL ads, those were magic

19-11-2008
rising star

I'm not one to bitch about celebs getting stuff as along as their looks match the collection but, seriously! Katie and miu miu! What an insult to one of the best collections of the ss09 season!! She does not fit that aesthetic!
This:
Style.com

And this:
Kate-holmes.org

do not go mesh well! Her face does not fit it in IMHO. And her persona doesn't either. When i think of her i think of her crazy husband and dawsons creek!

congratulations, nerds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
I missed the part that models were supposed to get the Miu Miu campaign but it's not surprising that there still is a celebrity in the foreground. I like Katie Holmes a lot (Suri even more) but then I remembered this collection and I don't know if this will work.

I will wait with a bit of curiousity and judge later. Maybe some girls who didn't make it to the Prada cast like Marloes Host are included?
As much as I love Marloes I really don't want to see her playing second fiddle to Katie Holmes in a campaign

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

^Indeed, she deserves her own campaign!

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post

I'm sure some magic will be done to make her look good and I suppose that's all that matters but I still think the choice is fundamentally wrong for the brand considering the type of actresses it has chosen before.
She is in a Arthur Miller play and got failry good reviews, plus she is married to the famous movie star eccentric all of which equals exposure and money for the brand.

I really dont think Katie is that off for this collection, in fact i think she fits it perfectly, i can see her wearing all of the looks, and she is photogenic unlike many of other stars out there.What i am pissed about is the fact that there will be models playing props to her taking center stage, that is not cool!

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

WHAT???

seriously, Katie Holmes???

Ugh, I hate when I think that news can't get worse (than Madonna & LV) and then they do...

19-11-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
She is in a Arthur Miller play and got failry good reviews, plus she is married to the famous movie star eccentric all of which equals exposure and money for the brand.

I really dont think Katie is that off for this collection, in fact i think she fits it perfectly, i can see her wearing all of the looks, and she is photogenic unlike many of other stars out there.What i am pissed about is the fact that there will be models playing props to her taking center stage, that is not cool!
I'd give that role more consideration if Miller were still around and had actually cast her. That would be like Lohan scoring a role in an Altman remake. I know that Holmes has the movie star exposure but my point was that Miu Miu, when going for the more publicity-friendly stars, usually picked those that had some balance between talent and cred. Holmes is most known for being an Alien Queen without having any kind of career cred to balance that *shrugs*.

I'm sure she'll look fine in the campaign I'm just biased (for Michelle Williams who fits the brand better, IMO :p). And if models can be props for Claudia Schiffer I can't get too rankled over the same being done for Katie Holmes.

trendsetter

I'm trying to decide if it's more of an insult to the models that they have to play second fiddle to Katie Holmes or more of an insult to Katie that they don't trust her enough to let her go solo? Hm.

Either way, I'm not too annoyed by this. Miu Miu is the only celeb campaign I ever really like. I think they could do a lot with Katie and it will be refreshing to see her in a different light than the usual Blah Blah Blah Mrs. Tom Cruise Scientology Aliens etc etc etc.

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'd give that role more consideration if Miller were still around and had actually cast her. That would be like Lohan scoring a role in an Altman remake. I know that Holmes has the movie star exposure but my point was that Miu Miu, when going for the more publicity-friendly stars, usually picked those that had some balance between talent and cred. Holmes is most known for being an Alien Queen without having any kind of career cred to balance that *shrugs*.

I'm sure she'll look fine in the campaign I'm just biased (for Michelle Williams who fits the brand better, IMO :p). And if models can be props for Claudia Schiffer I can't get too rankled over the same being done for Katie Holmes.
Oh no you didnt! Claudia is a Super so its not the same as playing second to Katie Holmes or any other celeb, but i dont think having "cred" is required for one to get ad campaigns or covers.etc these days. *cough Blake Lively epidemic cough*

And honestly since we are in tough economic situation, i expected celebs to take total domination over the ad campaigns, looking at the list so faar, its not that bad,imo.

19-11-2008
the power of will

Oh. No. I was so happy that Miu Miu's back to models

Stop wherever you find yourself.
19-11-2008
V.I.P.

Well, I like Katie so I like the news. But even if you don't, at least this is better than Madonna for LV.

V.I.P.

imo I don't think it is. But it's who ever you like I supose.
We could all get a shock and it could turn out great

V.I.P.

Quote:
Personally, I think Lohan is a different situation. Love or hate her the girl she was top of the Hollywood pile not only for her drama but (though it's become a distant memory) her (still burgeoning) acting chops. She's been in a Robert Altman film!

Is your definition of whether one has talent is that the person's appear in a movie by a good director? But either way, maybe Katie hasn't proven herself yet on the big screen (I hear she's good on stage), but you simply cannot argue that somehow LINDSAY LOHAN has a more legit movie career than Katie. A quick look at imdb says that Katie's got such movies to her credit as Woner Boys, Ice Storm, Batman Begins, Pieces of April, Thank You For Smoking, and yes, a long running show Dawson's Creek. No question all of that has been overshadowed by her being Mrs. Tom Cruise, but to suggest that Lindsay's celebrity status is somehow more legit is absurd.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2009, ad, campaigns, post, posting, read, s or s