How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
imo I don't think it is. But it's who ever you like I supose.
We could all get a shock and it could turn out great
No harm in prefering a 50-going-on-85 body builder I suppose.

19-11-2008
Plain Ol' Beautiful

It's just so annoying to me when brands choose someone who don't feel fitting for a particular collection or the whole brand.
Like Madonna, I've seen her in a lot of Chanel, she's iconic for wearing Gaultier and lately she has shown some love to Ricardo Tisci, so why does LV hire her (remember her "give it to me"-video - gucci, dolce, givenchy, no pants?)? I feel kind of wrong when they do something like that. I feel like I've got a false impression of a brand and that it's way different from what I want thought it to be. Didn't Marc say next spring's LV was "little parisian princess"?
Same with MiuMiu. I'm not a fan, but to me it's the epitome of young coolness with an fashionable "I-don't-give-a-*uck"-attitude. Who else would wear plastic Jockey shirts with you initials on it? Katie Holmes dresses classic to the point of boring. Where is that MiuMiu?
Actually it's like the brands try to appeal to everyone except for people who are in touch with their work, fashionistas you might call them. The campaign will work great for the innocent reader, I have no doubt, but what about me who loves fashion. Am I not a considerable customer? It seems like I'm not.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
No harm in prefering a 50-going-on-85 body builder I suppose.
Let's not get personal
I'm looking forward to seeing Louis Vuitton in Feb/March issues of magazines.
and definatly looking forward to Christian Dior

V.I.P.

My immediate response to Katie Holmes for Miu Miu is HORROR.

But, I have faith in Mert & Marcus. If they can make Lindsay Lohan and Kirsten Dunst look good then I'm sure they can make Holmes look good.

My only issue is that unlike Lohan and Dunst - shes not interesting and ultimately her 'look' will get lost in the collection. She hasn't got a strong dynamic face like the other two.

19-11-2008
backstage pass

Katie Holmes for Miu Miu huh.. Imo I'd rather see Tom & John Travolta or even Suri in the campaign. Katie Homes is about as interesting a pair of socks.

I've lost all hope now.

utterly superfluous

Katie Holmes is a major disappointment. The background models (the eight of them) are much better and far more dynamic. It's a major shame that they'll have to be her background dancers so to speak!

fashion insider

8 models??? It's such a waste and an insult to them.

19-11-2008
V.I.P.

well everything that i wanna say about it has pretty much been
said..so ill jus keep my mean words 2 myself about katie

19-11-2008
Alluring

I'm already sorry for all the Miu Miu girls

19-11-2008

Eight seems to be the number for SS09

19-11-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Oh no you didnt! Claudia is a Super so its not the same as playing second to Katie Holmes or any other celeb, but i dont think having "cred" is required for one to get ad campaigns or covers.etc these days. *cough Blake Lively epidemic cough*

And honestly since we are in tough economic situation, i expected celebs to take total domination over the ad campaigns, looking at the list so faar, its not that bad,imo.
I know but celebs are the super models of today, right? That's what designers, magazine editors and designer house CEOS keep telling me . Let us not mention The Blake Plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs
A quick look at imdb says that Katie's got such movies to her credit as Woner Boys, Ice Storm, Batman Begins, Pieces of April, Thank You For Smoking, and yes, a long running show Dawson's Creek. No question all of that has been overshadowed by her being Mrs. Tom Cruise, but to suggest that Lindsay's celebrity status is somehow more legit is absurd.
Holmes was not the most memorable thing in Ice Storm -- does anyone mention it when she's up for interviews? Elijah Wood, Tobey Maguire and Christina Ricci are usually the kids in that film who get any props for it. She was generally considered to be the worst parts (acting-wise) of "Batman Begins" --who got dropped for the sequels? That's right. -- and "Thank You For Smoking". (Wonderboys is one I don't know much about.) So that leaves her with Dawson's.

For me "career cred" refers to a proven box office record and/or critical acclaim/buzz. Holmes has never carried a film and/or been the main box office draw. As a child star Lohan had the highly succesful "Parent Trap" remake, then the financially and critically succesful "Mean Girls", a critically decent Altman indie which she did well in (otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it) and "Freaky Friday" probably does well on DVD. As you can see Lohan has proven herself on the big screen. And if we wanna get it on about the celebrity status, well, Lohan didn't have to marry anyone to get headlines .

We'll agree to disagree since this is waaaay off topic (I can see a mod's finger hovering over the "edit" button) . I'm grossed out by the fact that I sound pro-Lindsay when I usually recoil every time I see a picture of her. (No offense Lohan fans.)

Last edited by Bahiyya; 19-11-2008 at 06:45 PM.
19-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar View Post
Katie Holmes is a major disappointment. The background models (the eight of them) are much better and far more dynamic. It's a major shame that they'll have to be her background dancers so to speak!
oh i'm pretty sure the 8 of them will defitanely outshine katie. such a waste of a miu miu campaign. i can't even picture her mixed with the collection.

cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Oh wow, Katie Holmes ... I guess we should stop hoping to see models in Miu Miu campaigns forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama View Post
Eight seems to be the number for SS09
Balenciaga?

19-11-2008

No But it is my favorite number so I'm certainly not complaining!

Last edited by Faith Akiyama; 19-11-2008 at 10:32 PM.
19-11-2008
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

^ As long as she is in, I don't care about the others

Anyway, for Sisley, Victor Norlander is going to be the only guy in the campaign with Asa, Hanna and Helena.

Last edited by Ed..; 19-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 2009, ad, campaigns, post, posting, read, s or s