How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2012
trendsetter

Do we know if there is going to be a Balenciaga campaign this season?

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Wow! Miuccia is on a roll! Prada and Miu Miu castings are beyond amazing, and the way both campaigns were directed artistically was marvelous. Kudos for her.

21-12-2012
utterly superfluous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchhie View Post
Do we know if there is going to be a Balenciaga campaign this season?
Yes, one was at least shot for SS13.

V.I.P.

Thairine and Erin shooting in LA.

Instagram @thairinegarcia

23-12-2012
V.I.P.

Are Christian Dior releasing a RTW campaign this season? It's about time. Raf's vision has become clear and I think an advertising campaign would do his collection justice. Willy Vanderperre's a favourite of his, and Steven Meisel is shooting Dior's cosmetics lines. I wonder what could come of it, if Raf produced a set of pictures?

I'd love to see Daria Strokous front the campaign - I think she is the strongest contender. The photos of Daria inside the Dior Magazine are outstanding. Natasha Poly was a regular at Jil Sander, so I'm rooting to see Natasha, sometime soon, fronting Christian Dior too.

Or.. are Jennifer Lawrence's Miss Dior adverts about to surface in the February/March issues?

V.I.P.

^I hope so, by Vanderperre with Strokous.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexagon sun View Post
Tilda Lindstam for Balenciaga and Alexander McQueen:

Quote:
In the modeling biz, 2012 was the year of Tilda Lindstam. The Swedish stunner walked more Spring runways than any other model (68 in all, including hard-to-land turns at Calvin Klein, Versace, Céline, and Givenchy), and has been keeping the momentum up with key pre-fall bookings (Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung), a spate of editorials, and confirmed spots in forthcoming ad campaigns for Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, and Valentino. Like Julia Nobis, who was the top catwalker in terms of stats the previous season, 20-year-old Lindstam can wear a couture gown with the ease of a sweatshirt. Meanwhile, her quirky-casual off-duty outfits—often a Lower East Side thrift-store mix—have captured the attentions of Tommy Ton and other street-style photogs. Chances are we’ll be seeing even more of Tilda at the Fall shows in February.
style.com/stylefile/2012/12/the-year-in-tilda-lindstam/
I don't hate Tilda. But i'm baffled she gets so many campaigns. Four blue chip campaigns this season already!
She's not as bad as Julia Nobis, but she is very boring and bland.
I can live with Chloé and Valentino because she's not the main focus in it, and i'm sure Balenciaga won't be only girl either, but i'm not sure if she can carry an Alexander McQueen campaign on her own. Unless they're gonna cover up her face like in the show.

trendsetter

Surprised and disappointed to see that Daphne and Lindsey haven't snagged a campaign yet. Hoping for Versus, maybe together. I'm also a little disappointed that Tilda is everywhere and not Marine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by charlieandmarie; 27-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
27-12-2012
trendsetter

^ I know, I'm starting to worry that Marine didn't get anything

27-12-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchhie View Post
^ I know, I'm starting to worry that Marine didn't get anything
I don't think she did. When talking about the breakout newcomers, Models.com only listed her upcoming editorial work.
Posted via Mobile Device

27-12-2012
tfs star

Damn!! this Tilda girl is killing it o.o so far she has Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Chloe and Valentino...

tfs star

Don't understand this at all. The girl's blander than dishwasher.

V.I.P.

It will be rather dismal if Marine doesn't get one campaign slot this season, considering as she has a far more entrancing and unique look than a lot of the other newcomers this season.

Looks like it will be another terrible season for ethnic models (although the Asian girls aren't faring too badly with Sung Hee for Prada and Tian and Ji Hye for LV). Guess we'll end up with Joan for Versace and Jourdan for Hilfiger and that's it...crossing my fingers for Grace Mahary to pop up somewhere like Balenciaga though.

On another note what do people think about CK? I can't see a pregnant Lara in the rather restricting pieces from the collection, but who knows. Mert & Marcus can photoshop anyone and anything into oblivion and make it 80% believable.

27-12-2012
fashion insider

Will Stella McCartney be Natalia again? I could do with a new face for that brand.

On the topic of Tilda, I'm a big fan so I'm happy that she backed up her runway success and didn't just become another filler. I don't find her bland and I think she photographs well. Her look is quite soft and unique compared to a lot of other girls. She's just got something about her that I like. I think she fits Valentino and Chloe to a tee, and I can also see her suiting Balenciaga this season so I'm looking forward to the results of that. McQueen is what I found most surprising, but perhaps she will pull it off.

I'm looking forward for the rest of the Balenciaga cast, hopefully there's one or two established faces in there with Meisel's usual penchant for newbies. Probably wishful thinking though.

Also I saw a tweet that Marine D landed a 'big' campaign, but who knows... Which ones are left? Roberto Cavalli? JPG? Hermes? Dior? Probably quite a few more that I'm forgetting, but I guess we'll wait and see.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
It will be rather dismal if Marine doesn't get one campaign slot this season, considering as she has a far more entrancing and unique look than a lot of the other newcomers this season.
I think she'll probably get at least one, I mean we're talking about a girl that walked almost every show the last fw, she should have at least couple under her belt! ... funny fact is that Tonya Vasylchenko, another outstanding newcomer who actually has a very similar look to Marine's, hasn't got any campaigns either!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, campaign, casting, discussion, guesses, model, reactions, s or s, wishlist