How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2013
tfs star

Photos from Hedi with colour!!!!! Praise the Lord!

Like the concept, seems like she's looking at the future, with the big window open for her to takeover the sky, and with the window open comes a new breath of fresh hair (that are Hedi's creations for the house), that's how I feel about it! LOVE IT!

Don't mind that Cara's in it...

29-05-2013
V.I.P.

This is really great. Everything is right and comes together. I'm not a fan of Cara at all but I think she and Cole were great choices, they wear the clothes really well. The styling is great too, they picked the right pieces from the collection and they actually look really desirable. The winning point here is the fantastic set. The ocean landscape in contrast with the old house creates an awesome mood. Love how he used the sunlight in some of the photos too.

I think Hedi's vision for the house is getting better and better, hope that next collections will follow the same path so can put an end on the hate bandwagon.

Ère de ℳodernité

Sea side for a fall campaign? And how nice to see that the Saint Laurent client is now a teenage rock groupie...

Oh and that blurred/shaken effect he put on some of these... Come on...

ETA: And that guy has nail polish on... EDGY! I just want to punch this campaign in the head

Last edited by Thefrenchy; 29-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.
29-05-2013
V.I.P.

Totally loving this. My favorite shot has to be Cara laying against the couch in that flawless pink, fur chubby.
I think the ocean backgound and the melancholic direction goes fantastically well with the clothes. It just works, and I'm glad he chose to go with color this season.
I LOVE that Cole Smith is in this! LOVE his music. Just seeing the slideshow on the website with the beautiful ocean scenery in the campaign and DIIV playing in the background...bliss.

Last edited by LagerfeldBoy; 29-05-2013 at 03:48 PM.
29-05-2013
V.I.P.

It's like we get new sets of saint laurent and hedi's vapid photographs every week, but ugh it's the Pacific... how can you not ....

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Cara? Really?

At least it's in color...
ahahahahah i love that response, so true.

"at least it's in color"

- this has got to be one of the most hated collections by YSL in a long time. i understand the break in direction to create a greater differentiation from YSL & 'saint laurent' but i feel like the emo aesthetic is played. we'll see what slimane pulls out in the new season though.

29-05-2013
trendsetter

After reading the thread title I was preparing for the worst, but was impressed by the first shot. It's in color and you can't tell it's Cara so those are pluses in their own. But then I saw the rest of the campaign and despair returned.

29-05-2013
trendsetter

the images are beautiful, but cara really is super miscast.
her bad posture bothers me so much, especially in the first pic posted.

29-05-2013
V.I.P.

i love the menswear campaign so much more! but that red bag shot with the fur is <3

29-05-2013
V.I.P.

This actually could have been a stunning campaign. I think my favorite shot is the one with Cara facing away from the camera into the distance, as if looking for the real model who should have starred in the campaign *cough* HANNE GABY *cough*. The shots are typical Slimane but there is something more alive about them, pretty much the shots in color save it for me.

29-05-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
This actually could have been a stunning campaign. I think my favorite shot is the one with Cara facing away from the camera into the distance, as if looking for the real model who should have starred in the campaign *cough* HANNE GABY *cough*. The shots are typical Slimane but there is something more alive about them, pretty much the shots in color save it for me.

^Completely agree. But I am a little over the slouchy suicidal sub theme .

fashion elite

I'm not as horrified by this as I expected to be. It even kinda works in some shots if you pretend it's just an editorial and not an ad campaign for a major fashion house.

29-05-2013
trendsetter

I don't think even if they had managed to create the most perfectly executed campaign that it could make me like this collection to be honest. I like the feel of the photos with the ocean visible, but still too many black and white shots.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATO View Post
SAINT LAURENT FALL WINTER 13 CAMPAIGN / PART 1

ysl via youtube
If that's part 1, does that mean this is another 2 part campaign?

29-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

At this point Cara in any campaign reeks of laziness, she becomes a deadweight of unimaginativeness that everything else must struggle to carry and overcome.

Most of this leaves me cold, but the use of color is not bad.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, 1314, cara, cole, delevingne, f or w, hedi, laurent, saint, slimane, smith