How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2012
███████████████

Saint Laurent Paris Eyewear F/W 12.13 : Brayden P & Melissa S by Hedi Slimane
Yves Saint Laurent Sunglasss F/W12.13 by Hedi Slimane

safilo.com

07-09-2012
fashion icon

Oh dear Lord, please don't let this be a preview of what's to come. I love a girl in a suit as much as the next person, but I seriously hope he injects some femininity in his designs for YSL.

07-09-2012
barcode

^ If it's FW 2012 then the clothes are by Pilati, not Slimane.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

The photography is ok, but I hate the new name and logo. And let's not hope Slimane turns into the next Karl Lagerfeld, who has to do everything himself.

07-09-2012
fashion elite

the logo irks me

backstage pass

title change pls

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

I've been silent over the whole Slimane/Yves Saint Laurent situation. But after seeing these two ads, I hate what's to come. I find it disgraceful how Slimane has introduced a new logo to the brand. The original emblem was sleek and elegant. This new one is the complete opposite, unattractive and amateurish.

trendsetter

What bothers me more that the name "change" itself, is how amateur the typography looks.

As for the shots themselves, I think they're pretty good. Love the lines and simplicity of the styling in the women shot. But is everything going to be in black & white now?

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

Yeah, there's something about the typography that's been imported from the 1970s/60s and it isn't good as you don't get the feeling that there's work or just some thought behind it, more like copy+paste in an attempt to rescue the purity or just the beginnings of the brand. The name should suffice, I feel like Saint Laurent Paris conveys old-school luxury and definitely doesn't need "visuals" as they're all in anyone that's familiar with the history of the brand.

Now.. the photography contrasts with all of this and not in a good way either for me.. he's just not remarkable as a photographer. I hope he gets past the Karl Lagerfeld complex of wanting his mark in every campaign and allows other talents to project their vision as he did when working for Dior.. the Carlotta Manaigo campaigns/lookbooks were beautiful, and it's about time rising talents get the chance to showcase their work for brands that have been hijacked by 3-4 rotated names for way too long.

V.I.P.

I actually like how simple and sleek this is. Very minimalistic but I hate that new name.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

i thought Hedi didn't want to have anything to do with Pilati's stuff

07-09-2012
clever ain't wise

^It doesn't. This is Slimane aethetic through and through. And it has very little to do with YSL. Hence the name change, right.

It's not bad at all. But I would prefer new labels instead of hijacking old designer's names. Sadly, though, since people can't see the difference between real YSL style and something else....this is what makes the most business sense.

I suppose. Somehow I think the business people working with high fashion must be pretty lazy.

07-09-2012
fashion elite

Wow, great.

07-09-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

the new logo makes it look like a newcomer's brand its missing the classic lement that goes with YSL

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
^It doesn't. This is Slimane aethetic through and through. And it has very little to do with YSL. Hence the name change, right.

It's not bad at all. But I would prefer new labels instead of hijacking old designer's names. Sadly, though, since people can't see the difference between real YSL style and something else....this is what makes the most business sense.

I suppose. Somehow I think the business people working with high fashion must be pretty lazy.
what i meant was just the clothes and the sunglasses the models are wearing. those are Slimane pieces already?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, brayden, eyewear, f or w, hedi, laurent, melissa, paris, saint, slimane