Saint Laurent #YSL04 by Collier Schorr - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-11-2016
Fat Karl

He seems too concerned with this kind of image making than actually designing interesting, forward thinking clothes.

fashion insider

Forget Freja. Hiandra and Selena are the real stars here, amazing concept.

04-12-2016
V.I.P.

Elle France December 2, 2016 Digital Edition

04-12-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
He seems too concerned with this kind of image making than actually designing interesting, forward thinking clothes.
That's where we are at this stage, I'm afraid. Marketing first, then accessories, then clothes. I get the feeling SLP x Vaccarello is what people wished Gucci would be, but then Michele came and mucked it all about.......

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

New campaign by Collier Schorr

*dazeddigital.com

11-01-2017
fashion insider

I really don't get this multiple campaigns for the same collection. What is going on? This is so unnecessary and makes all the campaigns loses its impact, imo.

11-01-2017
barcode

I actually don't hate this. That first shot of Freja reclining in stockings with a second model's feet reminds me a bit of Tom Ford's first YSL campaign with Kim Peers. It has a similar feeling to it, though less polished and less about really showing off the clothes.

The follow up images are slightly less compelling, mostly because they're like a Terry Richardson-esque take on some of Hedi's campaigns, especially the first one he did with Anja and the second part of his last one for Fall 16, but whereas those felt fairly strong and confident, these just feel listless; the night of vs. the morning after.

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

YSL Campaign

YSL#04 part 2

12-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guimon View Post
I really don't get this multiple campaigns for the same collection. What is going on? This is so unnecessary and makes all the campaigns loses its impact, imo.
My guess is that's because nowadays, people consume images more than ever and feeding them with new visual content once every 6 months is simply not enough.
Prada has more or less been doing the same thing this year with the special projects by Willy Vanderperre, even though these projects are not technically labeled as campaigns. And I think we will see a lot of brands going the same way very soon (actually all the brands who are doing 'see now, buy now' should already be doing this!).

I agree with you that the main campaign loses its impact (and its importance, especially from a model's point of view). Note that on YSL website, the campaign with Anja by I&V is the only one labelled as S/S 2017, and the others just as YSL01, YSL03 and YSL04.

12-01-2017
V.I.P.

love it so much, the video is brilliant too. casting is so good !

V.I.P.

They should just go the Marc Jacobs route of releasing a shot a day, until it's finished. All this labelling seems unnecessary, unless they're working on a book (very likely).

20-01-2017
V.I.P.

New menswear shots...

Ph. Collier Schorr
St. Alastair McKimm
Model David Friend

instagram/anthonyvaccarello

21-01-2017
V.I.P.

All this poor man does feels so tryhard that is not even funny. He is just not being himself, he wants to be more "cool" than he is... but it's not working. I feel sorry for him, but he clearly doesn't have any kind of talent to run a brand like this.

With his boring brand it would've been enough.

And the amount of campaigns they release is just absurd in another level. Spend the money on making good clothes and stop the nonsense. And that's Hedi's sort of approach to advertising at SL, which makes it more ridiculous. And even more when what you have to offer is just the same (but even worse) thing that your predecessor was doing. I seriously doubt anyone outside the fashion industry noticed a change. Which I guess was what Kering wanted... But then don't do 5646646426426 campaigns per day, gosh.

I seriously can't with this guy. It's like Wang at Balenciaga. Just not meant to be.

Last edited by Creative; 21-01-2017 at 05:34 AM.
24-01-2017
fashion insider

Vogue Paris Feb.2017 Digital Edition

25-03-2017
V.I.P.

From the digital editions of Vogue UK March 17, Vogue Italia March 17, Vogue Paris April 17, Vogue Russia April 17, W April 17, WSJ March 17, Harper's Bazaar UK March 17, Glamour Spain April 17

If someone has this one in HQ, can you please post it? TIA
(btw this one specific picture has been banned in France too, alongside the new campaign by Inez & Vinoodh)

fashiongonerogue

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#ysl03, #ysl04, beha, collier, erichsen, freja, laurent, saint, schorr