How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2011
V.I.P.

Vanessa Bruno F/W 2011 : Kate Bosworth

scanned by me from elle uk september 2011

30-07-2011
front row

I actually like it!

30-07-2011
tfs star

The campaign is okay but I wish Kate wasn't in it. I hope this campaign doesn't mean we will see her street style go Marant uniform for a Bruno one.

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

Way to ruin one of the best collections Vanessa has managed to produce in many seasons. The second shot in particular could've gone so well if only the girl actually looked and posed like a model, Kate's beauty may stand out in Hollywood but for a campaign of a quintessentially French label I don't think she's particularly suitable, she's too stiff and fake in those pictures.. they should've gone for someone lighter in spirit, with perhaps a similar but purer kind of beauty.. which obviously only calls for a model, Kamila Filipcikova would've been a great choice, she looked marvelous in the show and she's quite underrated, which goes perfectly with VB, I don't think she was ever into the overexposed, not even when it came too models, but anyway.. it seems everyone's flirting at Vogue Paris these days..

.my prison is your brain.

It's not enough that Bosworth helped ruin Isabel Marant for me, but now Vanessa Bruno too? She simply does not posesses that efortlessly chic "je ne sais quoi" girl that I associate with the Vanessa Bruno brand.

10-08-2011
Blood On The Leaves

LØV by Vanessa Bruno
Director: Stephanie Di Gusto

After Lou Doillon, there is the appearance of a another heroine: Kate Bosworth. Her mysteriousness, her strength. Also another side to femininity, a stirring truthfulness which is renewed with every look, every movement accompanied by a wisp of assertiveness and purity. A new gracefulness progressing to a confident allure, conquering, a battling frailty.
It starts with an urban universe almost futuristic where this femininity comes up against angles, up against emptiness where lines are sought for and where poetry is found. A surrealistic dance, frantic and lively giving a light note to this ballad, this adventure which is perhaps the landscape of a soul.
Then the thread of the tale gets tenser. We come across a more solemn Kate, looking inwards, a mysterious warrior. Kate runs away, frightened by her dark double, perhaps her mirror reflection, perhaps her sister in dreams. White horses bolt with the music, liberating her wildness and the impatient purity of her energy, of her victory.
Euphoria of flight, of a grace released from the surface, from reality. Light headed. Kate is at the top of a tree of life giving herself up to an appeasing sun, to a sensual rapture winging towards the heart of the matter, streaming along, a reflection on the water.
In fact, a love story.

10-08-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Okay, while I still find her an odd choice for the brand, but she looks utterly gorgeous and flawless in that video.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, bosworth, bruno, f or w, kate, vanessa