How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2010
hors concours♛

yeah I get more of an Armani/Burberry vibe from this than Versace

01-07-2010
tfs star

HQ

versace

01-07-2010
V.I.P.

finally something New and Different!

fashion insider

I love it.

How funny that most people don't like this when imho it's one of the most exiting ads campaigns Versace has had on the last seasons, Testino has been a bore for so long and this touches new territory for the brand both in the casting and the photography.

The black and white does wonders for the collection which was pretty bad, if this was in colours everyone would be complaining about how bad it would be, nevermind the photoshop *cough* Burberry *cough*, and just complaining.

Valerija shines in this, amazing.

and the male models are Marcel castenmiller and Tomek Szczukiecki.

thx for the HQs

Last edited by cesarcmma; 01-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.
01-07-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
has Versace ever had a B&W campaign before?
A lot actually.

This is amazingly awful, it's just sad. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

01-07-2010
utterly superfluous

I like it.

I can't remember the last time I liked a Versace campaign. The setting and the darkness of the clothing shot in black & white, really ads a certain hardness to Versace that I haven't seen in awhile. But then again Joe McKenna always adds an effortless coolness to whatever he styles.

we could have had it all

It isn't terrible, and I think Anna looks great but...I don't know how I feel about the B&W yet.

01-07-2010
███████████████

I Like the change first say need some diferent is Versace is a really diferents people, second the cast i loveeed , Versace have old B/W campaing, is stupid say Versace are in color, the collection are all black and Avedon take much time B/W campaings Loveed the change

01-07-2010
V.I.P.

i like the fact that Iselin and Anna are cast. They do have that sexy vibe that Versace has. I understand why they cast Valerija and as much as I want to like the fact that she is there, I think there are so many other models that would have fit a lot better.

01-07-2010
Mr. Magic

I think this is the true imagery of young, hip, and (still) sexy Versace for me.

It'll be interesting to see where they place the logo.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

01-07-2010
V.I.P.

am i the only one who thinks that there's been awful retouching with some of the shots here some of these horribly reminds me of Valentina Z's atrocious Ralph Lauren ad; Issey's waist looks incredibly tiny and Anna S' shoulder has been magically connected straight to her neck as for the b/w issue, if only the collection itself wasnt that colourful this would've looked really well but then, we've seen what the pieces look like, and this campaign just diminishes the full impact of the designs it screams fierce, only without the Versace charisma.

fashion icon

i was waiting for something more futuristic, but this is great. the best collection versace did for men by example ! love it

01-07-2010
trendsetter

It's really different and edgy just like the collection but i must admit, i kinda like it!!

I have to agree with some of the others here though......i miss all the colours!! The orange and blue shades would of been soo striking.

It's deffo still sexy to me and strangely...the campaign makes the clothes look better than they did on the runway IMO.

Last edited by VersaceLuva586; 01-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.
01-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerq View Post
it looks like Burberry! that's what's wrong with it
This!
Which reminds me that Burberry used to be good.

I'm happy for Iselin and Anna It doesn't look that bad, I think I just have to get used to Versace being cool instead of sexy.

01-07-2010
starving hysterical naked

My feelings about that campaigns are quite mixed and I think it's both a hit and a miss for me. First of all, the choice of the black and white doesn't make sense. Considering how colorful the collection is, I was expecting a colorful campaign in order to showcase the clothes the most efficiently possible... Here it's as if half of their appeal had been cut out. And as much as I love black and white, it isn't suitable for ad campaigns, where the primary goal remains to sell clothes, contrary to fashion editorials, which are - at least to me - a blend of art and business. As for the cast, it's completely unexpected - I'll just echo everyone on this point. I'm thrilled to see Anna and Iselin, who are models I appreciate, but in my opinion, Valerija blows them out of the water, undoubtedly. It's actually weird because among the three girls, she must be the one I would have never ever thought of to convey the aesthetic of the brand, but seeing the outcome at last convinces me that she's a brilliant choice. Actually I think the last Versace collection didn't target sexy and glamourous women - when compared to their past collections, it wasn't glitzy, flashy, pinky but highly intense and captivating, although womanly... And that's accurately what Valerija embodies : a disturbingly powerful woman.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, anna, f or w, iselin, kelava, mario, selezneva, steiro, testino, valerija, versace