How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-06-2011
front row

i really feel it's a combination of cavalli and givenchy

17-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
For me, it is expected to have the blonde girl, the sexy girl, and this is what Versace meant recently,” Donatella Versace told WWD on Thursday, during a fitting for the spring 2012 men’s show, scheduled for Monday. “But I thought about how in the past, when Gianni used girls like Kristen McMenamy and Stella Tennant, everyone was always saying, ‘Wow, this is not a Versace girl, she is not blonde.’ Sometimes you need to renew yourself to work better and to make a little bit of a push.”
sassisamblog

I guess this is why Candice didn't book it. Looks like it's working! Keep it up Donatella.

Last edited by Aedlacir; 17-06-2011 at 02:54 AM.
17-06-2011
fashion icon

I really like Saskia's shot, but the background looks really fake. This looks very dated, like it's from 2004/5 or something.

tfs star

Love it, yes I agree looks so Cavalli with Gisele's campaign and both Saskia and Sean looks gorgeous

17-06-2011
French Chic

I really like this........both shots are great. Fake background, whatever........and yeah I think it does hark back to a sexier Versace.
M&M are just the injection the brand needs to shake up their advertising...even though it isn't particularly new, at least it's something a bit different from what Testino has been serving up.
Saskia actually looks great, of course that was probably the stand-out dress from the collection. I hope Daphne doesn't make a surprise appearance here as previously stated.

Oh Yeah!

I like what I'm liking so far. Can't wait to see Daphne's and Natasha's shots.

Geometric Discharge

They're trying to inject concept into uninspired clothing; the background looks decidedly unreal.
However, I feel that these may look good in print, plus Sean looks hot.

17-06-2011
Looking Up

About time someone spiced up Versace's image with a new direction in campaigns! This looks ferociously sexy, almost predatory.
But I keep wondering what it would have looked like with a sexy model. I don't like this Saskia girl one bit.

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
I really like Saskia's shot, but the background looks really fake. This looks very dated, like it's from 2004/5 or something.
completely agree

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
Daphne, Candice, Natasha were supposed to be in this but they were cancelled last minute and they had to reshoot everything.
There better be a good excuse why Donatella cancelled three amazing models that I know would've executed this perfectly. Is it mainly because they were blonde?
Nonetheless, Saskia manages to look hella fierce here. The dress was one of my absolute favorite pieces from the collection
Btw, I'm loving Sean's shot as well. Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised how amazing this is but I'm definitely let down that it could've been Candice, Natasha, and Daphne fronting the ad

V.I.P.

It really looks like Cavalli's ad with Gisele, I don't really like it.
There's article on wwd about this campaign, which probably mentions if there're more girls in this campaign, and if anyone has wwd subscription can read/post article.

17-06-2011
fashion icon

I love it.

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

Hello Photoshop!!!!

I like the campaign but her face looks like a cartoon..still it's better than I expected¨¨

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
Daphne, Candice, Natasha were supposed to be in this but they were cancelled last minute and they had to reshoot everything.
Abbey Lee was cancelled as well.

So much better than last season. And hello Mr O'Pry.

17-06-2011
MON
V.I.P.

The background really looks fake and it reminds me of Gisele`s campaign for Roberto Cavalli`s anniversary. Saskia and Sean are so fierce. I love the clothes, love the poses and the expressions. I just don`t know how other pieces from this collection will go well with that background.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, brauw, candice, f or w, marcus, mert, opry, saskia, sean, swanepoel, versace