How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

The campaign is classic M&M/McKenna goodness, I'm just distraught that they chose a 16 year old Dutch girl to front a Versace campaign. I know that the house has changed its aesthetic and all but going from Gisele to this is incredibly baffling. Do women really want to buy clothes that a barely post-pubescent teeanger is wearing? IDTS.

I'm all for new girls booking campaigns, but I feel like they really missed the mark with this one. Maybe I'm just bitter because my faves never get the goods they deserve though.

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

^But does she look like a barely post pubescent Dutch teenager in these ads? Not to me. I can't imagine that the regular consumer has any idea who Elza is, let alone how old she is. And is there a reason why her nationality was brought up?

Last edited by mikel; 22-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.
22-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Exactly, if anything she looks pretty mature and selling the collection perfectly well. Sometimes people forget that (good) models have the ability to transform themselves in front of the camera, and in this case, even though Elza is a 16 year old girl, she looks like an edgy, sexy, fierce Versace model, and that's what really matters for me.

Last edited by Marc10; 22-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.
22-05-2012
rising star

Nice!! the mood of that campaign works very well with the theme of the collection and the clothes look better here than on the runway

22-05-2012
tfs star

Very unexpected, LOVE IT!!!!!!
Very dark and sensual photography!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
^But does she look like a barely post pubescent Dutch teenager in these ads? Not to me. I can't imagine that the regular consumer has any idea who Elza is, let alone how old she is. And is there a reason why her nationality was brought up?
I agree with you.
I'm against young girls dressed up and pretend that they are sexy, but this is nothing like that. For me this is no dress party like LV or Prada were like f/w 11.12 (i believe it was then). That just didn't make sence.
And indeed a costumer would have no idea how old she is, it's not like that prada and lv campaign where you can see they were like 16.
Still this isn't really my cup of tea, i'm more a color girl, but it looks good so far.

but yeah, from veteran bombshell Gisele to newcomer young beautiful Elza is a big change. I'll be honest, that i do think that Gisele is more Versace for me but this could work to, need to see more images.

Last edited by Forrest; 22-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.
22-05-2012
rising star

amazing!!!

22-05-2012
fashion insider

Yeah I don't see what the age or newcomer issue is about because this girl is selling it, and the menswear is strong too, too bad it had to be mostly shot in B&W cause knowing how colorful the menswear was I would have liked to have seen those colors in the campaign but regardless it's a strong campaign, Versace's best campaign yet (easily beats Saskia's in my opinion)

V.I.P.

Elza looks absolutely fantastic. So strong, and in control of her body.

22-05-2012
tfs star

major changes! doesnt scream versace to me..

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

They really didnt randomly pick newfaces like Prada 2 seasons ago, Elza may be a young gun but her abitities in print are just purely emotive and spicy. I can think of plenty more experienced top models who are not half as emotive as Elza.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-05-2012
she's got the look

What an awesome campaign! They look stunning and the whole mood is just perfect for the collection.

V.I.P.

Really like those new images and Dmitri looks equally good!
This really raises the bar for the rest of the campaigns this season.

22-05-2012
front row

THIS IS AMAZING !!!
its is so brave and cool to see a new face on a Versace ads

I love the pictures and the surreal aspect of this photo

22-05-2012
front row

I am so sick of people talking and always complaining about a model age. like c'mon. What kind of campaigns a 16 yrs old is suppose to do and not. Like really. So far the images are not bad and she look decent. Versace or not. Also, Gisele and the others started somewhere else too when they were more younger. So just keepin moving.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, dmitriy, elza, f or w, kacey, marcus, mert, philipp, versace