Versace F/W 2017.18 : Gigi, Mica, Taylor & Vittoria by Bruce Weber - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-05-2017
V.I.P.

the menswear image of course is the best so far. The womenswear images look to forced... Excited to see Sal's images

31-05-2017
V.I.P.

Yes for Alpha and Valentine. I am waiting to see Saul's images too and Barak's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
the menswear image of course is the best so far. The womenswear images look to forced... Excited to see Sal's images

V.I.P.

I like the mens campaign. Womens campaign would have been nice but the casting is so horrible.

backstage pass

Lack of any campaign is always better than the bad one. They should remember that when they'll call Weber next time.

31-05-2017
V.I.P.

It can't be Versace campaign, right?

31-05-2017
fashion elite

Where is VERSACE? But this would be nice for VERSUS

31-05-2017
backstage pass

they all look quite pedestrian in this, it's so lifeless. Doesn't feel like Versace at all, where's the energy?

31-05-2017
V.I.P.

Honestly this is better than the last two seasons... I like Mica's solo shots... Gigi has her mouth open again... let see what Taylor and Vitto deliver...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
31-05-2017
front row

I bet my money that Piergiorgio gets a commission from Gigi's agency every time he casts her for a campaign.

31-05-2017
backstage pass

Whoever talked about sending Bruce to retire, come on..Seriously?? Don't exaggerate

31-05-2017
backstage pass

Better than last season but still a mess. It was a pretty bad collection so they didn't have much to work with, but why go for the hair? It looked bad in the show and bad here, really greasy and lank. Gigi's shots are absolutely atrocious, she really should not have been in this campaign again..weirdly enough I actually like Mica's shots best, and she's my least favourite girl in this campaign. Want to see more shots though, the men's shot looks quite nice..
Also, what was the point of dragging Hana Soukupova out of the modelling wilderness to open the show if you then don't bother to book her for the campaign? Such stunt casting

31-05-2017
trendsetter

Yikes. This is so bad on so many levels. The collection was terrible, so I didn't expect much. Bruce is so distant from Versace, I truly don't understand why they keep on calling him. And the casting. I don't like it at all.. I'm not a th of Taylor, she looks so young and tumblresque to me. Mica is like the chic girl, doesn't fit. Gigi. Again. Meh. Vitto.. She is stunning and can work it but the look is hideous (the hair??) and she even looks masculine here..
This is not Versace. There's no glamour, no sensuality, no fierceness.

Give me this back!!
source: pinterest

31-05-2017
rising star

Quote:
Shot by legendary photographer and longtime collaborator Bruce Weber, Versace‘s new FW17 campaign celebrates strength, unity and hope.

Throughout her work, Donatella Versace has always promoted these ideals. You only need to think back to her FW17 womenswear show and you’ll recall the LCD screens flashing “EQUALITY” and the words “LOVE”, “UNITY,” “STRENGTH” and “POWER” printed across various pieces in the collection.

And these positive messages extend to the corresponding imagery, released today. Featuring Barry Lomeka, Barak Shamir, Filip Wolf, Saul Rodriguez, Alpha Dia, Valentine Rontez, Tristian Thevenot and Michael Gioia, the menswear campaign sees models raising their hands together in a sign of strength and harmony, representing “a pure expression of the brotherhood of Versace.”

While the accompanying womenswear imagery sees Gigi Hadid, Mica Arganaraz, Taylor Hill and Vittoria Ceretti wearing the house’s FW17 collection.

“The message of this campaign is clear and direct,” said Donatella Versace. “It is about the unity, love and togetherness that we all need, no matter who we are or where we come from.”

Bruce Weber echoed Donatella’s sentiments: “After talking to Donatella about what’s happening around the world today, we wanted to do photographs of people standing up for something – some cause that would help other people. So the campaign for us was about a protest for peace and the connection we all need to have for each other.”
Source: Hero-magazine.com

31-05-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple View Post
This is not Versace. There's no glamour, no sensuality, no fierceness.
Give me this back!!
This so much, this is what I miss.
And Mica really deserves a medal or something, for someone with one facial expression she sure has accomplished a lot in this industry.

V.I.P.

Bruce Weber can't do glamour. Also, he should just stick to photographing men, he doesn't do women justice.

The cast is lame. Gigi looks so incredibly bad, even worse than normal.
The men's shot is quite okay, Alpha is incredible.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bruce, eyewear, f or w, gigi, hadid, mica, taylor, versace, video, vittoria, weber