How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2014
V.I.P.

It's great

16-04-2014
V.I.P.

biobiochile.cl

scenester

Honestly I think all the talk of the unretouched images is much ado about nothing. Airbrushing happens all the time, of course the media has latched onto this case because it's Gaga and it's trendy to dislike her, but this is nothing new. I also think it's a little silly to compare two different shots to one another such as in the post above. The unretouched is clearly some kind of test shot where she's halfway through speech or between poses. I actually think that if you look at some of the other unretouched images they didn't alter her too much, it's mainly the colours/contrast. This is in no response to anyone on here, just the media hype about this in general. I just feel bad that Gaga always seems to be the one being criticised. I think it's interesting and an important thing to discuss though.

16-04-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastNight View Post
I actually think that if you look at some of the other unretouched images they didn't alter her too much, it's mainly the colours/contrast.
I think they retouched her arms and legs and made them slimmer, which it´s quite silly cause everybody knows how she looks with little clothes on

18-04-2014
front row

Well I agree there is no big deal. Pictures are retouched, always, it is just that sometimes it goes too far and looks fake. Actually I don't like the campaign itself, so the unretouched pictures aren't shocking to me.

19-04-2014
trendsetter

These pics are causing a fuss~~

Quote:
The photographers behind Lady Gaga’s new Versace ads are freaking out that Hollywood A-listers will never work with them again after images of a raw, makeup-free Gaga from the shoot were leaked.
Art Partner, the company that represents collaborative fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, or “Mert and Marcus” as they’re known, Wednesday morning sent out a cease-and-desist letter to all outlets who have published the pre-Photoshop pictures, in which Gaga is shown wearing zero makeup. The subject line reads, “Gaga Versace Copyright Infringement.”
“Please remove your latest article immediately,” the email reads. “This is copyright infringement, as these images were leaked without our consent and without the consent of our artists, Mert and Marcus. Should you have any specific questions about the matter, please contact our legal counsel. Please write to confirm when this article is deleted. If this is not removed, we will not hesitate to take legal action. Thank you.”
The company also included a link to the post-Photoshop Versace pics that media outlets are allowed to use.

“They are terrified the images leaked and are determined to find out who leaked them,” one insider close to the ad campaign tells Confidenti@l. “They are convinced it was an inside job. Now they believe they could lose future lucrative Versace campaigns and worse, the trust of celebs after this happened.”
In the leaked photos, it appears the “Paparazzi” singer’s makeup was added after the actual shoot, in which she shows off bags and lounges on a purple settee clad in the designer’s clothes.
Gaga had been announced as the face of the campaign last November, with the fashion house saying, “Lady Gaga completely captures the Versace essence: creative, experimental, fearless.”
nydailynews

21-04-2014
V.I.P.

Inspired by the DNA of Versace, the brand new eyewear collection #StudsLadies is loud, bold and full of eccentric style. The exclusive face for #StudsLadies this Spring/Summer 2014 is Lady Gaga, a music icon wearing an iconic new style – it’s the perfect match.

facebook.com/versace

V.I.P.

^her pinkie

24-04-2014
front row

I of course prefer models but Gaga looks like a young Donnatella here which is great. As for the retouching issue, it happens all the time. I think what the issue is how much photoshopping is done.

tfs star

UHQs

HQ

pinterest.com/versaceofficial; facebook.com/versace

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
14, 2014, alas, gaga, lady, marcus, mert, piggott, s or s, versace