Versace S/S 2018 by Steven Meisel - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
14-12-2017
V.I.P.

Every shot posted, so far, works! But man, i adore that Gisele image! Not always a biggest fan, but her face is just sublime here, and she is selling me the mood of the styling so much! Now I hope she has more shots, Meisel always brought the best out of her!

But they all did great! Can't wait to see the rest. What a shame Linda is not here, or Amber!

14-12-2017
V.I.P.

Finally! Meisel is back at Versace!
Switching from Meisel to Testino was a big mistake so, it's the perfect news ever for the brand.

I think Meisel, more than any photographer understand the spirit of the brand and is able to challenge it. Testino is so about his rich and famous, Weber is about whatever and M&M were inconsistent.

This may not be as adventurous as his previous Versace campaigns but it's a great "starting point" and has a great "timeless" appeal. It's nice follow-up from the FW2004 campaign.

The cast is great for me and Raquel is there so...
I love Christy and i'm not sure that i miss Linda. She is iconic but i don't think that she is still capable to be in "competition" with her supermodels friends...

Meisel seems to love Noah! I love him too so great for him.
This is just a great simple campaign. From now, i'll have higher expectations from Versace!

I hope that Vuitton went to Meisel too!

14-12-2017
scenester

LOVE

this is what i wanted to see with these clothes

although, it's giving me a lilllll flashback to that cavalli campaign meisel did w daphne, karen, naomi--- he loves referencing avedon, but he does it so well!! i cant say a word

this makes me happy

14-12-2017
fashion elite

Love this, happy itís Meisel and not Weber. However, whereís Claudia, Cindy, Helena and Carla? They were the supers of the show and we only get Naomi? shame.
I wish Amber was part of this too, also Natasha and Shalom. And of course Linda.
Happy for Raquel, btw. Canít wait to see her shots.
Anyway, Gisele and Naomi looks amazing!

Last edited by thatsfierce; 14-12-2017 at 08:14 AM.
14-12-2017
V.I.P.

Everything about this is divine. Want to see more!

14-12-2017
front row

GIMME MOREEEE, This is divineeee

14-12-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAvantGarde View Post
full cast is Naomi Campbell; Christy Turlington; Gisele BŁndchen; Natalia Vodianova; Raquel Zimmermann; Irina Shayk; Gigi Hadid; Kaia Gerber; Vittoria Ceretti; Cara Taylor; Birgit Kos; Grace Elizabeth, and Noah Luis Brown
Is this real life right now?
WHERE IS RIANNE THO??????? I also wish Yasmin and Faretta were part of this... Oh well, still a stellar cast. I mean, Gisele's pic >>>>>> WOW, THIS IS MAJOR!!

Last edited by guimon; 14-12-2017 at 08:42 AM.
14-12-2017
hors concours♛

I was sure we were gonna see Claudia and Cindy but this cast screams Meisel and he never seemed to care for them. I guess that's why Naomi and Christy are there instead.

14-12-2017
fashion icon

I know there are a lot of models that would have been (maybe more) appropriate for the campaign than others but a selection must be made and that is quite a complicated process with a lot of contributing factors. For one, I'm sure part of the original supermodels doesn't feel camera-ready. Another problem would be if they demanded a sum which is much larger than what Versace was ready to shell out. Then there is the issue of timing and availability - some of the more in-demand models might have restricting contracts with competing brands and therefore cannot participate. I am pretty sure that Kate, for example, is not in this because of Meisel. But I believe Versace and Meisel tried their best to create a mix of girls that works for both parties and for the times we are living in, so there's that. I just really wish the outcome was a bit more exciting.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
I know there are a lot of models that would have been (maybe more) appropriate for the campaign than others but a selection must be made and that is quite a complicated process with a lot of contributing factors. For one, I'm sure part of the original supermodels doesn't feel camera-ready. Another problem would be if they demanded a sum which is much larger than what Versace was ready to shell out. Then there is the issue of timing and availability - some of the more in-demand models might have restricting contracts with competing brands and therefore cannot participate. I am pretty sure that Kate, for example, is not in this because of Meisel. But I believe Versace and Meisel tried their best to create a mix of girls that works for both parties and for the times we are living in, so there's that. I just really wish the outcome was a bit more exciting.
Same applies to Claudia, Cindy, Helena, etc. They are not here because Meisel does not like them so much. This is a real shame because this collection celebrates Gianni and his favourite models are not represented here. Just Naomi and Christy.

The finale of the catwalk show was an instant classic, recreated, redrawn, reacted, etc. that inspired so many. A quick look on Instagram is enough to see its impact. Yet, we end up with the models that had nothing to do with it. Apart from Naomi no one is bringing any dynamism to the collection (so far). Even Christy is just sitting and smiling.

Anyway, I understandably sound very bitter ;-))) but I just feel Donatella went for something lazy and missed an opportunity to build upon the amazing moment that she's created. No one gives a damn about most of these models on a larger scale anyway and that's when you know whether you are dealing with a real supermodels or not.

Surprised not to see Amber. Also, I thought Natasha Polly who I am sort of sick of should have been in this cast. She looked exceptionally good and memorable during the show.

14-12-2017
fashion elite

Is Meisel and/or Versace really "back" if they're just copying material that's already been released before?

14-12-2017
V.I.P.

Well Naomi is sublime, so far. She's truly one of my all-time favourites, but if I'm honest I've felt a bit like she's been dialing-it-in in recent years, editorially. I'm really happy to see her engaged and dynamic and serving us the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent () that made her a Supermodel in the first place.

backstage pass

Wow, Gisele's shot is absolutely immaculate. She really does look gorgeous, and Naomi as per usuall knocks it out the park. Not blown away by Kaia but its almost expected she would be in this campaign, she was the star of the season after all! By far the most exciting news for me is that BIRGIT booked this - I was waiting for Meisel to finally notice her! Can't wait to see Grace Elizabeth too. Really intrigued to see the whole thing and so relieved they chose Meisel and not the dreaded Weber

14-12-2017
V.I.P.

I really was expecting Natasha and Mariacarla, I love the first two pics. Why Kaia is here? Don't get it!!

14-12-2017
fashion elite

Kaia is a miscast. She looks like a (stunning) kid. (and this is coming from someone who likes her)
I'm happy Birgit is finally working w/ Meisel! And Grace didnt even walk the show, if I remember correctly. Meisel is really a fan of hers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
&#gisele, 2018, bŁndchen, campbell, gisele, meisel, naomi, s or s, steven, versace