Yves Saint Laurent - The Campaign Archive - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-10-2004
poo
backstage pass

come to think of it, the theme is a lot like the chanel ad. glamorous hollywood star yada yada

13-10-2004
rising star

I certainly found the timing of the ad and its release in stores to be very coincidental when it comes to Kidman-Chanel. Nonetheless, the ad is beautiful, the fragrance is wonderful and warm...really digging the dress. Part of me thinks it may be a...Ford project, though I wouldn't doubt some tweaking. Even though she's surrounded by group of men, it still somehow seems wholesome, down to the white gown.

13-10-2004
V.I.P.

i think they could have chosen a better model, she seems a little out of place.

13-10-2004
Hoppity Hop

She's absolutely a gorgeous woman and this commercial is a fine addition to her body of work.

12-07-2005
backstage pass

YSL Rive Gauche Fall 2005 Ads featuring DARIA WERBOWY
Fall 2005 ads: (BRAND NEW ONES)

i just love themm!!!!!! the brand new ysl rive gauche ads are up now. i must say i'm so impressed with juergen teller's photography. i like the the contrast. it was super french, classy, the eifel tower, but it was blury and the lighting was strong.

this was my favorite shot, it's very helmut newton (i love how daria moved but she posed like she's floating) and i love this piece from the collection, stefano pilati did a great job on reviving mr. saint laurent 1967's smoking which was the symbol of ysl and ive always believed the the house of ysl must reflect the grandeur of paris.

though im not a big fan of daria...

i still want karen elson's alabaster skin and ginger hair....

spring 2005 (LAST SEASON's ads)

front row

I don't think Daria suits YSL at all... She doesn't seem "refined" enough to me, if that makes sense...

12-07-2005
God Save McQueen

i dont know, those pictures seem blue screened/photoshopped to me.

12-07-2005
front row

Also, the backgrounds are so bright and distracting they're blinding me! Not enough contrast; it's drawing the attention away from the model.

12-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles
I don't think Daria suits YSL at all... She doesn't seem "refined" enough to me, if that makes sense...
yes it does make sense, you cant compare daria with karen.... aurgghhh how i wish it was karen in front of the eifel towerrrrrrrr

V.I.P.

Thank you! I've been waiting for a thread about this one. Single. Ad Campaign.

Yes, it's starting to grow on me. Daria seems to be very much like the YSL girl/woman. I didn't doubt her once I heard the news. The attitude/mood she brought out in the ad wasn't bad. And she tried her best to make the clothes look good, and her efforts worked.

However, like what shambles said (by the way, i LOVE your screen name), there's something wrong with the background. Too bright. They could have used the same background with Karen, I wouldn't have complained.

And the outfits the put on her are just monochrmatic.There are so many better pieces that they could have put on her like the heart dress or the red or green evening dresses or the leather ones. Or the handbags/purses on page six of this thread right here - http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ht=rive+gauche.

I showed the pics o my sister and she said that the background lighting is too blinding and distracting, while the clothes are too dark, given that the seeting is nighttime already. She could barely see Daria and her face in the pictures. The focus shouldn't have been on the darn Eiffel tower. The focus of the ad should have been on her and the clothing.

I'll say more later if I come up with anything.

Last edited by fouroclock; 12-07-2005 at 11:29 PM.
13-07-2005
V.I.P.

...My favorite campaign of the season. Under differenct circumstances I'd dismiss blurred shots as unnecessary, but here they're understandable since Daria's competing for focal point. It's actually quite cool that the background appears blurred the way it does when you're focusing on any one thing 'in person' - not through a lens. You can see yourself there with a stretch of the imagination (or a long stretch without sleep ). I love the lighting too, the scene looks lit by searchlights in the dark

scenester

I don't like the pics

13-07-2005
living in the sprawl

I wish they wouldn't have used Daria for some reason..

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroclock
Yes, it's starting to grow on me. Daria seems to be very much like the YSL girl/woman. I didn't doubt her once I heard the news. The attitude/mood she brought out in the ad wasn't bad. And she tried her best to make the clothes look good, and her efforts worked.

And the outfits the put on her are just monochrmatic.There are so many better pieces that they could have put on her like the heart dress or the red or green evening dresses or the leather ones.

I showed the pics o my sister and she said that the background lighting is too blinding and distracting, while the clothes are too dark, given that the seeting is nighttime already. She could barely see Daria and her face in the pictures. The focus shouldn't have been on the darn Eiffel tower. The focus of the ad should have been on her and the clothing.
VERY WELL SAID

I like these better than most of the ones with Karen though, because for some reason I dont like the way Karen looks (eyebrows are waay too thin ) but i will admit that i actually did like karen in some of the spring ones.

The first time I saw daria's ads i didn't like them that much.. but they're growing on me i think they could have utilized daria's somewhat exotic look a little more. Instead, with her hair completely slicked back and the picture so blurry that u can hardly tell her hair line.. she looks a lot less.. "refined." i think she would've looked better with hair down

User Friendly

I think overall they're a little dissapointing... I expected much more from Daria + YSL.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
archive, campaign, laurent, saint, yves