How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djavanjmiles
he is only 12 and I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he did before it happened, but he certainly understands the severity of it now," said Kildee.
at 12, you should definitely understand right from wrong. what a little *******.

01-03-2006
V.I.P.

I don't think the issue here is about how much the painting is worth... 1.5 million or 20$, you just DON'T do that....

I hate the part where they say the parents have "disciplined him"... !?!? As though anyone would care.....!

01-03-2006
trendsetter

and i thought it was bad when i saw a 12-year-old boy scratching on an old painting (what could have be seen as, uhm, continuative haptic interest?) but you don't stick your chewed gum anywhere. at least he didn't say he wanted to make a statement.

01-03-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
In mixing a 1890s Chicagoan brand, apotheosis of the machine age, with an Eastern American Kandinsky-inspired expressionist the kid was clearly branding himself with his philistine tastes though. Altoids would have been a conossieur's choice....
You should apply for the writer's job. You would give him a good run for his money.

02-03-2006
More Old Skool Than You

Quote:
Nobody would have been able to tell if he'd only picked a Jackson-Pollock to stick it on...
So true!

V.I.P.

If I would have done that, I'd be dead now.

Eat me, drink me

Ew. How disrespectful.

V.I.P.

Wow. Kids have no respect for anything these days.

04-03-2006
rising star

This is so stupid.

Don't even think for a second that 12 years old is too young to understand the ramifications of anything. Obviously the child knew what he was doing and just wanted to be mischievous. This is what happens when you bring up your children poorly. At 12 years old, some children are working with no opportunity of going to see a $1.5 million dollar painting, they're grown up enough to understand consquences - this child just isn't grown up yet and that's just how it is.

06-03-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
In mixing a 1890s Chicagoan brand, apotheosis of the machine age, with an Eastern American Kandinsky-inspired expressionist the kid was clearly branding himself with his philistine tastes though. Altoids would have been a conossieur's choice....
You are too amusing!

And for the kid . . . Ugh! I don't know what to say. Kids like him make me scared to have children. I would be so hurt if my child did that. I bet it wqas his first time in a museum. Or he is the kid in the class who is ALWAYS in detention for doing stupid disrespectful things. But 12, that's pretty old. Middle school already; he definately knowws better at that age. I'm surprised he didn't have to pay for restoration. God, that makes me so mad. You guys are right though, he probably is a kid who hasn't had the opportunity to be in a semi-formal situation where you need to use manners and respect.

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
Although what he did to the painting is terrible, I thought they were being rather detailed with the gum brand and name in question.
Maybe they are hoping that one of the formulators of the gum will come forward with a chemical profile that will allow for safe cleaning of the painting.

And I agree with Ianastar, the parents definitely are under suspicion if they have raised a 12 year old who thinks it's okay, or acceptable, or cool to stick used chewing gum anywhere but in the garbage.

barack the vote

ugh. what a little brat

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
$15, 12yearold, gum, million, painting, stuck, wad