How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2012
backstage pass

I Loved! tnx for the tip!

03-10-2012
trendsetter

She is a very courageous artist. There are few fashion illustrators who are willing to face the truth regarding the fragility of beauty, the precarious nature of beauty, and indeed the constant war against beauty that goes on everywhere almost constantly in this world. Andrea Castro is an exception to the rule, and that's what makes her great.

fashion insider

wait a minute... I may be off, but isn't she a member on TFS?
"We" featured some of an Andrea Castro's (a tfs member) fashion illustrations in our magazine. (a friend and mine's)

03-10-2012
trendsetter

Yes, she is. I've seen her posts in the TFS Art Gallery. But I think it's fair to say that her fan base is rapidly growing and she is now becoming world famous. Remember, you heard it first on TFS!

trendsetter

From my perspective, the unique thing about Andrea Castro is that she seems to appreciate more than anyone else working today the precise inflection point where beauty is overtaken by and consumed by the horror of the world and its many destructive forces. Goya was profoundly aware of this phenomenon, as was Picasso and many other great Spanish artists. But I am unaware of any other artist working today who has such an exquisite appreciation of both the beauty and the horror of the world.

Can beauty once destroyed be recreated? Can innocence once lost be regained? Perhaps Andrea in her struggles will discover new epiphanies of truth and beauty for all of us.

As I said before, this is an artist we will all want to pay attention to.

girl who fell to earth

GBArt can you provide info on Andrea and credits for all the images you posted please?

Is she a professional artist represented by an agency/gallery or anything?

Last edited by ChrissyM; 12-10-2012 at 04:12 PM.
12-10-2012
trendsetter

All of the posted images were obtained from the artist's website or blog or email to subscribers.

http://andreacastro.net
http://andreacastro.carbonmade.com

rising star

I agree Andrea is fab, I too saw her first on TFS. I hope this is allowed to be linked-I weote about Andrea here http://balladof.co.uk/article/brand-...we-heart/2672/

Can't wait to see more of her work
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
andrea, castro