How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2010
front row

I'm not all that much into anime/manga as I used to be, it's more of a novelty subject matter for me now. But! If the story to it is well orchestrated, then I become an obsessive fan!

- Cowboy Bebop (pretty original, love the style to it. the renegade space cowboy.)
- Crayon Shin-Chan! (i LOVE it, the English dubb to it is amazing!)

...Sailor Moon does have its charm, although I would've preferred it to be a bit more violent Trigun was alright (felt too similar to Cowboy Bebop though). I was into Death Note for awhile, but after you-know-who dies...I lost interest :S....

10-01-2010
®

Oh wow!!! I'm a fan of anime and manga too. Currently, I'm hopelessly loving the Zero-Yuuki tandem of Vampire Knight. It's soooo romantic and the plot's just not Twilight high-schoolish. Plus Zero has amazingly purple eyes. I'm also hooked to Hitman Reborn and Naruto and Eyeshield 21 before but it's finished now. Naruto, however, is almost plotless of late. So I got tired reading it.

rising star

Heehee, Kaname and Yuuki fan here.

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

Kaname and Yuuki for the win too.

But satisfaction brought it back
13-01-2010
®

NNNNNNOOOOOO! I'm always for the guy who does not get picked up anyway, I guess by experience I know what it feels like.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
Currently, I'm hopelessly loving the Zero-Yuuki tandem of Vampire Knight. It's soooo romantic and the plot's just not Twilight high-schoolish. Plus Zero has amazingly purple eyes.
I love Kaname and Yuuki, but I love the idea of Zero and Yuuki together more. Not too fond of the anime though- it's always nice to hear voices and music to go with your conception of your favourite characters, but Season 1 of the VK anime had awful art. It didn't do justice to the manga at all (the bite scenes are so much hotter there).

20-01-2010
®

OMG. The bite scenes on the manga make me want to melt!!!!!! I like Zero's purple eyes. Kaname's too damn perfect it's getting stifling. The idea of Zero, a vampire hunter turned vampire is soo exciting, plus IMO he has much more personality.

®

And yeah the animé didn't do justice to the manga. Plus the voice of Yuuki saying "Zerro" is irritating. Very high pitched. Ugh But the manga...

front row

^I like Zero's eyes in the manga colour pages better (those extra illustrations that get put at the front of the chapter sometimes, or in publicity material for the manga)- they're this heavenly shade that is somewhere between silver and cloudy lilac/violet. And I love his best-friends-but- trying-desperately-to-hide-that-he's-in-love-with Yuuki personality. Kaname is, you're right, too much of a smoothie. But VK fans love to squabble over who's better, him or Zero. I also like Shiki and Rima, which is funny because they get very little page time- and Aidou's too funny for words, especially in the latest couple of chapters.

The VK anime might have been gorgeous in the hands of a house like Production IG- they handled the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations and Tsubasa Shunraiki OAVs, as well as xxxHolic Shunmuki, beautifully. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen.

20-01-2010
®

^ I agree. I also like Senri Shiki too! But as you said they get little to no coverage per chapter. Only thing I hate about VK is i wait for a month before the chapters actually get updated. In the animé, they draw the characters' necks too long and it was just awful. Aidou's cute but he gets annoying at times. But Zero... ahh... I can't explain.

®

^ The last chapters of Vampire Knight made me fall in love with fictitious entities again. AGH. It's so good.

Naruto's new chapter is still about Danzo's and Sasuke's fight. WTF.

And Hunter X Hunter's back. Finally!

dudeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
Naruto's new chapter is still about Danzo's and Sasuke's fight. WTF.
if Sasuke ends up killing Danzo (and I'm afraid he's going to) I swear that I'm going to stop reading Naruto
I don't like the way things have been going lately... the whole Kage convetion fight was totaly pointless, and Killerbee should already be dead! There are too many characters in this manga, good guys need to start dying! but not Danzo Kakashi and him are the only charaters that I like right now.

27-01-2010
®

I like Kakashi too. His mask and the way he's always so cool and collected. And yeah characters should start dying here, I can barely make sense of the plot anymore. But I think Sasuke will end up killing Danzo. Based on the usual Naruto plot trend, Sasuke's a character who will not die anytime soon.

dudeist

instead of killing Danzo, Sasuke should kill Sakura for example, that would have some meaning. Right now Naruto doesn't have any poweful reason to fight against Sasuke, in fact, by killing Danzo he's doing him a favor, however if he killed someone important to him things would be different. But I'm afraid that's not very likely to happen, the kids are untouchable in this manga.

27-01-2010
backstage pass

what! plot ruinners

but i couldn't keep myself from reading jajaja

not reading the manga, just watching the anime.
but it takes too damn long!!!

i feel like i'm watching some 1980 soap opera....

naruto is not the best, just something to watch early sat morning, but the current arc is SUCH A WASTE OF TIME....

just finished d/ling Azumanga Daioh going to upload to iphone.
i usually watch my anime on my subway rides nowadays. good way to spend the 30 min commute. but sometimes you get an iffy scene. (ecchi)
and i usually have people watching over my shoulders....embarrassing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anime, manga