How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2010
®

↑ OMG! It's my current fave! Hitman Reborn. You should read the manga version too. Better than animé. I liked the time travel arc there. ♥

18-03-2010
front row

I'm currently watching School Days! I'm on the last episode (I'm saving it for tonight) but I already know what happens. I have to say, it's quite... interesting

18-03-2010
dudeist

my first anime was Saint Seiya, I used to be pretty obsessed with it, I even still have a stickers album and quite a few action figures, however, now that I look back on it, I can't believe that I liked it, the artwork was terrible.
Another one that I used to watch in my early days was Captain Tsubasa

18-03-2010
place your body here

^ I tried to watch Sailor Moon again a few weeks ago and could not tolerate more than 10 minutes of it. I found it to be really annoying

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
Has anyone read boys over flowers??
Yes!! Read the manga, watched the anime and all three- Taiwanese, Japanese and Korean- versions of the live-action drama. It's just so OTT, but there's something really likeable about most of the characters too (I liked it best as a kdrama, even the supporting players in that version were awesome).

I think Hana Kimi had better art, though. HYD started off with really clumsy-looking artwork, but it progressed through the volumes, and the mangaka's next series, Cat Street, was really pretty to look at. It's a nice story too, I recommend it.

Sailor Moon...well, I love the series and it was my first anime but I agree, it takes some getting used to on the re-watch.

Last edited by Drusilla_; 18-03-2010 at 03:04 PM.
18-03-2010
place your body here

Has anyone watched Grave of Fireflies?? I think I might rent it...

front row

^yes, be prepared to cry though (or at least to feel very, very sad if you're not the crying type).

22-03-2010
windowshopping

I like Revolutionary Girl Utena. The fashion is absolutely insane though. Not necessarily in a good way.

I also like Paradise Kiss, by Ai Yazawa. Very fun manga; I don't care so much for the anime adaptation though. I love Yazawa's drawing style (pictured below):

Image from the Otaku Hideaway.

24-03-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
↑ OMG! It's my current fave! Hitman Reborn. You should read the manga version too. Better than animé. I liked the time travel arc there. ♥
I know, right? Don't you think box weapons are kind of like upgraded pokemons though? :p

24-03-2010
®

yeah, sort of... though I was really hooked to the manga because Hayato was so loyal to Tsuna and will do anything for him. I think it's pretty sweet hahaha

front row

I started Kuro****suji today... everyone says it's so good but it's boring me :\

I think my favourite anime is officially Elfen Lied. If you haven't seen it, you MUST! It's very heavy on the gore and nudity but it's still great!

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ I didn't really get into that. I feel like they had the idea for the opening scene to get everyone's attention and didn't know what to do after that.

29-03-2010
scenester

^Yeah I wasn't into Elfen Lied either but all of my brothers seemed to like it and even my mom watched it but maybe for her it was more like not being able to look away from a car crash or something hahaha.

I have always watched a lot of anime since a was a little kid because my older brother was into it. I saw Akira when i was like 8 and even though it's kind of messed up it's still nostalgic for me and I love it. I'm planning to read the manga because I've heard it's much better and has a lot more depth.

My favourite animes are Honey & Clover, One Piece (not the American bastardization of it) and the movie Mind Game. Anyone seen Mind Game? It's mind blowing!

My favourite manga of all time is 20th Century Boys, anyone else read it? For those who haven't I urge you to do so, you will not regret it!

backstage pass

Honey and Clover is actually next on my to watch list.
currently finishing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

i remember being young and leaving the computer on the entire night to d/l 1 episode. and then freaking out because it got to the good part and now i had to wait another day. those were the days though.

now that i can just watch them online, i no longer have the time.

we've talked a lot about Hayao Miyazaki, but what do you all think of Makoto Shinkai. Hoshi no Koe is a masterpiece, and i still can't believe he pulled it off in roughly 20 minutes. G E N I U S.

29-03-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Darkbloom View Post
I have always watched a lot of anime since a was a little kid because my older brother was into it. I saw Akira when i was like 8 and even though it's kind of messed up it's still nostalgic for me and I love it. I'm planning to read the manga because I've heard it's much better and has a lot more depth.
Ah, I love Akira (the movie and the manga)! Both are very good, it's hard for me to say that the manga's better. It's a LOT longer so it has more space to develop the story, and because of that, I feel like it also makes more sense.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anime, manga