How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2010
windowshopping

I'd recommend anything by Ai Yazawa because she attended a Fashion High School in Japan and all of her manga is based off of clothing and style. Try out Nana, Gokinjo Monogatari, or Paradise Kiss. Or the One by Nicky Lee, she is aware of current fashion news and her manga even have Karl Lagerfeld and Stam and etc mentioned. I hope these weren't already recommended.

07-04-2010
V.I.P.

I just started reading the first Manga series I bought, ayashi no ceres~_~

windowshopping

I grew up watching Capitan Tsubasa and Sailor Moon, but I haven't watched them in ages and I'm pretty sure I would find them quite oxnobious, I'm afraid, LOL...

Now I'm a huge fan of both Tsutomu Nihei (Both the Blame! and Biomega series are amazing!) and Masamune Shirow. I know Ghost in the Shell is widely known, but if you haven't read Orion and Appleseed I really recommend them both, as long as you dig manga with a huge philosophical charge.

For lighter reads... what can I say? I'm a Kenshin girl, LOL...

18-04-2010
V.I.P.

I just started to watch Death Note...it's pretty good^^ I'm intrigued

backstage pass

started watching Honey and Clovery

can't get over the fact that Hagu looks like she is 8 when she is supposed to be 18.

she is too chibi like, and since the rest of the characters aren't, it's kind of weird...

ahhh death note, another example of what started off as a good idea but then they didn't know what to do with it. very common in anime.

20-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien View Post

ahhh death note, another example of what started off as a good idea but then they didn't know what to do with it. very common in anime.
I think it goes for movies and live action TV too. Suppose they are just told to produce so many shows for money reasons even if the idea is more suitable for a 1-2hour anime movie.

20-04-2010
!

did anybody watch Yu Yu Hakusho? god, i use to love that show. although i couldn't stand the main character at times.
and how pretentious was Neon Genesis Evangelion!

20-04-2010

^YYH was probably my second love after Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon...two very different shows, but both amazing

20-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerq View Post
BLASPHEMY!!!
1 of my first anime and still in my top ten lists. yes it's a bit complicated, i had to some research to clear up some things but still. while watching this i realized that just because anime is drawn doesn't mean it is necessarily for children. i was 12 or 13 at the time. (spoiler) but i cried when Rei died in ep 13) first time i remember crying for an animated figure. did i cry when bambie's mother died...? i don't remember. but yeah, so much emotion.

and just imagine if each time a series ended badly, the viewers complained like they did in Eva. the alternate ending also left me perplexed at that time, but boy, was it much cooler!

seethi: i agree. hey but at least in anime they still have fresh ideas, unlike hollywood.... hence why i still watch. they just need help with their endings.

20-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerq View Post
did anybody watch Yu Yu Hakusho? god, i use to love that show. although i couldn't stand the main character at times.
OHMIGOD. I watched/read it. I totally loved it too! I even had my dad buy me some wolf ears because I loved Kurama (Dennis in the dubbed version) when he transforms into his past wolf-thief self. ahhh... the memories.

Right now I'm gushing over Vampire Knight (still), Hitman Reborn, Hunter X Hunter & Eyeshield 21.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien View Post
started watching Honey and Clovery

can't get over the fact that Hagu looks like she is 8 when she is supposed to be 18.

she is too chibi like, and since the rest of the characters aren't, it's kind of weird...

Well Hagu looking so young is kind of the point of her character, she is supposed to be abnormally young looking and also extra shy and naive.

The Death Note anime completely screwed up the story and left out a lot of stuff from the later volumes. Read the manga, it's way better, which is usually the case with anime vs manga but with Death Note it's really obvious. When I watched the anime it started off on such a good foot and really stuck to the story but then around halfway through it's like they ran out of time or something and tried to cram what was left (which was a lot) into hardly any episodes.

V.I.P.

Well from the comments here I guess I should read the Death Note manga But I kinda like the anime..usually I don't like anime shows at all since usually nothing looks as good as the manga book drawings..

!

Cromartie High School the manga is amazing compared to the live-action film or the anime. the humor never crossed over well in either formats.

Quote:
BLASPHEMY!!!
1 of my first anime and still in my top ten lists. yes it's a bit complicated, i had to some research to clear up some things but still. while watching this i realized that just because anime is drawn doesn't mean it is necessarily for children. i was 12 or 13 at the time. (spoiler) but i cried when Rei died in ep 13) first time i remember crying for an animated figure. did i cry when bambie's mother died...? i don't remember. but yeah, so much emotion.
i thought it was really cool as a youngster but when i got older it made me realize how much the majority of the religious babble was unnecessary.i still love the show though.

i'm glad there are people who liked YYH the animation was so crude on that show.

25-04-2010
backstage pass

anyone read naruto here?
i wonder wt Bee is gonna do

I read Naruto! Right now Kisame's disguised as that gigantic sword that grows shark fangs when pulled from its sheath. lol. I dunno where the plot's going TBH.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anime, manga