How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2010
dudeist

Guy needs your love as well don't you like his eyebrows?
Both Kakashi and him are my favourite characters.

I think that the problem with Naruto, as with most manga of its kind, is that the heroes are in constant need of power-ups, eventually reaching absurd levels. When that happens all the fights become totally ridiculous and lose every interest.
And another (bigger) problem is that when the rest of the characters become obselete they can't have an important part in the plot anymore, that way the story has to focus on the exploits of a single person, that yes, maybe he's accompanied by other people but they are completely overshadowed by him (think of Yamato for example, a totally filler character). The story lacks variety and that's why I think it loses interest over time as well.
My favourite part of the manga is by far the 1st one, the one about Zabuza.

08-09-2010

Ahhh... when Sasuke & Naruto were still rivals. At least it was interesting! Though the way Sasuke sacrificed his life to get Naruto a chance to beat that masked accomplice of Zabuza was rather cliched but at least it was endearing. I also loved the volume where Sasuke and Itachi fought. The explanation for why he killed his clan kind of touched me in a way and it wasn't something I expected.

V.I.P.

I've never ever read a manga series that has over 35 volumes...

dudeist

^ Vagabond has around 30 volumes so far and every single page is a visual delight (and contrary to Naruto it gets better with the time)

08-09-2010
V.I.P.

My tfs is weirding out again..but anyway, I'll have to check it out^^ do you have any pictures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingace View Post
^ Vagabond has around 30 volumes so far and every single page is a visual delight (and contrary to Naruto it gets better with the time)

backstage pass

just finished watching Gunslinger Girl....don't waste your time...

i kept on because i really like the intro song, they suckered me in
usually happens that way. don't hate it, but i don't like it either.

my rule of thumb with anime, if it has more than 50 eps. don't bother.
26 is the norm. but if it is really good, i will sit through a season 2.
naruto is ridiculous. don't even care anymore.

will probably start azumanga daioh next

08-09-2010
Once King

No matter how good something is, I pretty much stop after one season of 13 episodes or so. Love Love Love Sayonara Zebotsu(sp) Sensei season one but have no motivation to watch the second season.

I read Naruto for laughs. Lost me after Gaara of the Sand was hit with the friendship juice. The whole Pain/Nagato destruction of Konoha (then magic DBZ revive the fallen) didn't help. But I still read it. Also looking forward to Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 because like the first game, it is beautiful!

08-09-2010
!

Samurai Champloo had 26 episodes, loved it! rewatched the hell out of it!

09-09-2010
rising star

does anyone read claymore? it's one of my fave manga at the moment

front row

^ I have Volume 1-3, it's not my favourite (though I think that's got more to do with the fact that I mostly prefer shoujo over shounen) but it's interesting, I think.

I strongly recommend xxxHolic though. CLAMP are brilliant.

24-09-2010
scenester

OMG, Anime & Manga are part of my life... I started watching it when I was literally a baby, thanks to my big brother.
I've seen so many series that I cannot even remember all of them, one of these days I'll make a list so we can talk about it...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerq View Post
Samurai Champloo had 26 episodes, loved it! rewatched the hell out of it!
Champloo is an AMAZING series. I love the juxtaposition of old Japan with pop culture Japan. I rarely ever finish series these days but this is one I couldn't quit watching.

Right now I'm watching Gankutsuou. I started watching it as it was released a while back and quit. It's pretty good.

backstage pass

^

Gankutsuou is brilliant!

it takes a bit getting used to the animation, but once you do

about Samurai Champloo. of course it's great, it's by Shinichiro Watanabe, of course it's going to be good.

Cowboy Bebop
Macross Plus

i'm still looking for something new to watch. not really in a comedy mood right now. will leave azumanga daioh for later...

24-09-2010
scenester

To those who won't watch more than one season or anime longer than 50 episodes...you're missing out on some of the best shows!

Monster, 12 Kingdoms, One Piece, Nana, Hajime no Ippo.... I think One Piece keeps getting better and better with time. Everyone should watch Monster, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen (anime or otherwise).

A lot of shows become boring, bad or full of filler arcs (Bleach, Naruto) with horrible writing BUT you shouldn't dismiss everything that's longer! If something is good then it doesn't matter how long it is - if it starts to suck then I just stop watching. I stopped watching both Bleach and Naruto ages ago.

Once King

if the show is bound to be long I would read the manga instead. Does not take up much time and much of the time it is better. Love One Piece, it is a favorite of mine but I do not watch the show much since I prefer the manga.

Any good place to get Berserk? I stopped around the time of zombie pirates when they were on the seas, that was months ago so i am sure he released about one-two new chapters.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anime, manga