How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-10-2006
rising star

nice sites:

http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pellet/...7594178774279/

10-11-2006
trendsetter

What anime do you love to watch?

Fruits Basket , Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi ) , Princess Mononoke ( Mononoke Hime) , Akira, Ghost In The Shell (Kôkaku kidôtai ), Métropolis

What's the first one you saw/read?

Hmm Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Ramna 1/2 ,City Hunter, Ulysses 31 (Uchű densetsu Ulysses 31)

Pictures!

Spirited Away http://www.kaonashi.fierceblogs.com/...shi_bridge.jpg http://www.film.org.pl/images2/spirited/spirited_11.jpg

Mononoke Hime http://www.filmski.net/slike/slike/n...aki02.done.jpg

ghost in the shell
http://dvdbcko.dvdcritiques.com/upload/news/505/File2.jpg

12-11-2006
fashion icon

Aww I loved Spirited Away!! Thanks for the piccies

V.I.P.

What anime do you love to watch?
bleach, ghost in the shell, fullmetal alchemist, yu yu hakusho (cartoon network used to show this one.), paranoia agent. all of which are aired on the late night/early morning program [adult swim] which i watch religiously... :p
spirited away, castle in the sky, dragonball ( ) are others i love.

What manga do you love to read?
never really got into those. probably due to availability here and cost (!). i just watch the animated series and movies.

What do you recommend?
of course, spirited away... , and for that matter, any of hayao miyazaki's films...
also paranoia agent, it'll trip you out.

What's the first one you saw/read?
sailor moon. i was a fanatic back in the 90s. got all the merchandise of that cartoon imaginable. i'm still a huge fan of naoko takeuchi's artwork though, it's quite beautiful.

V.I.P.

ah, how could i forget FLCL (fooly cooly). i highly recommend...

V.I.P.

Reviving this thread!

Anime Expo this June in Long Beach!! Unfortunately, I can't go this year because I'm going to be traveling...

from tokyopop.com
Anime Expo® 2007 will be held from Jun 29, 2007-July 2, 2007 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, CA.

24-12-2006
V.I.P.

Pretty Cool Website:
http://www.avantgauche.co.uk/Gallery/index.html

Has online Gothic and Lolita Bibles plus Gothic Lolita fashion snapshots and websites. If you're interested in cosplaying, why not buy one of those outfits?:p

02-03-2007
Of too many minds

*Bump*
I can't believe I didn't find this thread sooner!

I was crazy (still am actually) over manga/anime when I was in college and I enjoy shonen anime just as much as shojo anime, which in my opinion can be a bit too "mushy" at times

My current favourite anime right now has got to be Bleach!
Zippy storyline, a general high standard of artwork, great soundtrack, interesting characters..highly recommended for those who haven't started on this anime.
Adult Swim is currently showing the series, but waiting every week for a new episode to roll around is sheer torture, but thank goodness youtube and other websites gives me my Bleach fix!

I am also partial to anything by Hayao Miyazaki, his movies are great and never disappoint.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
04-03-2007
V.I.P.

I used to really be into anime and manga until a little over a year ago. It was my hobby, but now fashion has replaced it. My favorite titles were Fruits Basket, X-Day, Negima, Chobits, and a few others. I feel really bad because I had thousands of dollars worth of it and now I'm planning to sell it all on eBay for next to nothing. Years of saving up down the drain!

04-03-2007
fashion icon

Right now I haven't got as much time as I wish for anime.. so I have been watching School rumble most of all! Because it's episodes don't make you HAVE to watch the next one right away, so you can just watch every once in a while and have huge laughs!! That anime's become a really soft spot with me I really recommend it for anyone who is looking for something lighter and not so difficult to comprehend.

Of too many minds

^Yep it's a huge torture waiting for new episodes to roll along especially when the anime is still ongoing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
I used to really be into anime and manga until a little over a year ago. It was my hobby, but now fashion has replaced it. My favorite titles were Fruits Basket, X-Day, Negima, Chobits, and a few others. I feel really bad because I had thousands of dollars worth of it and now I'm planning to sell it all on eBay for next to nothing. Years of saving up down the drain!
I know what you mean ilaughead, I used to be crazy over comics, be it Japanese or American titles. It's a really expensive habit which I had to give up once I discovered fashion!
Though fashion in anime almost stays the same...girls are always decked out in short skirts and/or knee high socks if it's a comptemporary title.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
06-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessImp.
^Yep it's a huge torture waiting for new episodes to roll along especially when the anime is still ongoing!

I know what you mean ilaughead, I used to be crazy over comics, be it Japanese or American titles. It's a really expensive habit which I had to give up once I discovered fashion!
Though fashion in anime almost stays the same...girls are always decked out in short skirts and/or knee high socks if it's a comptemporary title.
Sometimes I miss anime, but then I always am scared that I'm going to lose interest in fashion just like I did in anime!

08-03-2007
rising star

YAY! fun topic! I love anything Shoujo!

What anime do you love to watch? PARADISE KISS!!! Its the perfect marriage between anime and fashion... If you havn't seen it you have to!
http://www.paradisekissdvd.com/ I reccomend it.
Sailor moon of course! I liked Kaliedostar, chobits, mermaid melody, Super GALS!

What manga do you love to read? To tell you the truth I just like to look at the pictures CLAMP's art books are fun.

What's the first one you saw/read? SAILOR MOON! My all time fave. Reminds me of my childhood brings back sweet memories

Does any one know any NEW shoujo anime in Japan thats worth watching? If you do please reccomend!

08-03-2007

Like many of you, my first love was Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon My animanga love has diminished since my jr. high school years, but recently I've fallen in love with Ai Yazawa's art -- check out Paradise Kiss or Nana!

My overflowing manga shelf back home (More series have been added since this photo was taken):

Taken by me

08-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ If you don't know 'em already, maybe give a try to Hinako Ashihara's "Sunadokei" & Yayoi Ogawa's "Kimi Wa Pet"...they're both brilliant!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anime, manga