How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2015
trendsetter

[Mod note: first five posts copied from discussion of Google rebranding]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I like it.. the other one wasn't any less childish.

After the change of font for the iphone a couple years ago, I kind of learned to just go with the flow with these changes... I get used to it if they keep functioning the way I expect them to. What I wouldn't get used to that easily is a change of name, which I read about last week, I want to keep calling google google..
I've been using Mac for over 17 years now, and I don't care too much about how the OS and iOS's design/ chosen font has evolved-- or devolved too much. I just want it to work solidly. And to be frank, I feel Apple's been lacking more and more as they become bigger and bigger. Poor implementations meant to simplify the OS into iOS makes customizing it overly frustrating and buggy. And the era of computers with their lack of user-friendly RAM and harddrive access is such a blatant and corporate-greedy direction to force users into submitting into upgrading immediately upon purchase with Apple's always-overpriced hardware.

I know I can walk away from Apple-- but I've invested 17 years into this relationship and it's not... that easy LOL

Anyway, yes-- the new Google logo is very simplistic and pedestrian-- but that's a consumer-style logo, and not some high-design logo, so job done. This is the reason I could no longer invest in a career that caters to the commoners LOL

And yes-- not like their old logo was anything brilliant. Or even anything.

Last edited by tangerine; 09-09-2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added note

08-09-2015
V.I.P.

^Just out of curiosity, what kind of design do you worship? I thought Apple did a great job through out past 7, 8 years.

08-09-2015
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
^Just out of curiosity, what kind of design do you worship? I thought Apple did a great job through out past 7, 8 years.
Do you mean Apple's design direction in general? Never worshipped them LOL But I've always thought their design direction from 2002 to 2006 was their Golden Age. Everything from the campaigns, including the 1999 ones that features B&W portraits of legends from Ghandi to Miles Davis with the discreet tag "Think Different", to the packaging, to the quality of the products, were always so thoughtful to me. I missed the "Designed and made in California" seal of approval.

Not so much now.

08-09-2015
V.I.P.

Graphic/interface was what I asked about, now I find that I mixed it up your opinion on Apple and Google, that's my bad.

09-09-2015
trendsetter

^^^ I'm not a fan of the current shift of the OS to resemble/ merge with iOS.

Snow Leopard remains my fav OS, both in its stability, navigation and layout/ design. I don't mind the newer OS's design/ UI, but they're not my preference in terms of design direction. I'm not one of those people that feel the world is ending because the designs and icons are all 2D now LOL

Looking forward to El Capitan.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apple, design, direction