How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2006
daisy in my lazy eye

.f, do you have the address of the weblog that's keeping track of the artistic process for me?

I'm far beyond fashionably late. Schoolwork had been piling up.

06-07-2006
about to fall or fly

perle you can send scans of the work you have done so far to

alternativespaces@khyberarts.ns.ca

and don't worry about it - i've gotten a few emails but no one has physically sent in their card yet.

though i'm thinking of the mail art projects from the 70s, and they never got exhibited - it was all just the postal service that was the "gallery." i'm super into that idea. BUT we would like to get the scans in our email, so we can see how what everything looks like. curiosity

Of a bastard line.

Hey Francesca... my friends has totally abandon me on this project because of busy work schedules and holidays.. so it's properly gonna end with that I'm the only one who has decorated the postcards ... but bettter than nothing... I'll send in the photos today ...

mads

21-07-2006
V.I.P.

Man, I found this very late But the concept is nice, maybe we could develop one project alike for TFS like the Mix Project?

21-07-2006
V.I.P.

pandinha what is the Mix Project?

francesca, I have a feeling my postcard won't arrive there till next week. I sent it to Finland and my friend there only arrived this week from a weekend of concerts. She finished and sent it out this week. I hope that's fine I can't wait to see the results!

21-07-2006
V.I.P.

The Mix Project is a trade of, well, cd/tape mixes. We are paired with someone, make a cd or tape and mail it! Sometimes it is themed, sometimes open. But always loads of fun!

Here's the thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ht=mix+project

22-07-2006
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by .francesca
perle you can send scans of the work you have done so far to

alternativespaces@khyberarts.ns.ca

and don't worry about it - i've gotten a few emails but no one has physically sent in their card yet.

though i'm thinking of the mail art projects from the 70s, and they never got exhibited - it was all just the postal service that was the "gallery." i'm super into that idea. BUT we would like to get the scans in our email, so we can see how what everything looks like. curiosity

The email keeps returning "Considered UNSOLICITED BULK EMAIL from you" ... "Delivery of the email was stopped!" ....

Can I send my scans to you instead?

22-07-2006
about to fall or fly

our internet service provider for the khyber decided to go out of business, resulting in all of our emails not working and that could be why...so yes, send them to me and i'll make sure they get to the right place.

thanks perle

if you haven't physically sent your cards in yet, don't worry about it anymore - we might just end up making an online gallery for them. if you have scanned them and need to send them to me, pm me and i'll give you my email address.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandinha
The Mix Project is a trade of, well, cd/tape mixes. We are paired with someone, make a cd or tape and mail it! Sometimes it is themed, sometimes open. But always loads of fun!

Here's the thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ht=mix+project
OH YES!! Thats a fantastic idea. I would def join one for art where we get a postcard or something monthly with a theme.

rising star

.francesca, i am so ashamed! estella sent me her card in the last days of june, but first i have meen so loaded with work, and then i was ten days on holidays, when i remembered the card still laying on some edge of my desk so i wanted to ask you if i still could do something with the card, or if it is too late, and i should send it asap back to you.

sorry!

fashion elite

I've gotta offer up an apology as well ... iperchen sent me her cards but due to the shoddy and notoriously stinky British postal service, the cards only made it here after 10 long days ... and I spent the good part of this week pondering on what I could do with the space, but I left it 'til last minute to complete the actual cards and only managed to rush them off yesterday (friday). I had the woman at the post office doubly re-assure me that it would make it to Canada in 5-7 working days (I had harped on about making it express delivery, but apparently, no such service was in existence!) and I had even had to fill in a customs declaration form ... just for the post cards?! Ridiculous, sometimes!

29-08-2006
sleeping

i've just gotten back my and friends letter with the cards which has been sent on 30th of june with the reason for returning "unclaimed"...

Storm & Sommer

I read fran's first post and got all exited.. the wheels started to spin.. what I'd do.. and then.. I looked at the date of the post.. and realized I'd missed it completely.. My fault for not keeping up with Art & Design

30-08-2006
V.I.P.

Hear, hear Hanne.

30-08-2006
about to fall or fly

oh everyone!

we had originally planned, with this project, to have a gallery showing in august, but didn't get enough postcards to do this. we are still accepting them, so if you still have some, please send them! and if anyone has blank ones, send some to hanne

we put a few of them up on our blog, here:

http://khyberartssociety.blogspot.com/

we will put more up as we have time - the khyber arts society is going through some major changes right now and we will get to this, i promise!

thanks everyone for your support though, the postcards we've gotten so far look amazing!

Tags
artists, attn, global, mailart, project