Beautiful areas to live in (cities, regions, etc.) - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2009
front row

^^^I went to Andorra a couple years ago. It truly was magical!

Here are my own pics of Chicago:

03-09-2009
Riot Bug

^^awww if doesn't win Madrid i hope Chicago gets the Olympic Games. I also got friends there... and its kind of ...awww watch these...
(by the way... do you have any pic from the NorthEast coast?)

Riot Bug

Valencia

quite of interesting guide I found od the tourism place ...i gotta find my own pictures from the city but this is a nice sample from a city with a sunny climate the whole year

http://www.turisvalencia-guias.info/...ks_en/home.htm

backstage pass

^Valencia is so beautiful!! I might go there in march, I can't wait

?

I think inner Paris overall is ridiculously beautiful. The Left Bank anyway, no place gives me more joy than the 5th and the 6th arrd. early in the morning.

03-09-2009
front row

The places that I consider breathtaking and inspirational are;

- So Tom
- Praha
- Cape Town

This is the view that greets me every morning when I am at home in Cape Town and it is a view that I miss dearly when I'm in London

-my photos / my flickr helen_a

07-09-2009
chat~

himalaya
i want to go up here some day..

The winding, cobblestoned streets and the historic buildings of old Lijiang are still there, but they have been polished to a shine. And with an average of three million tourists a year, it has taken on an amusement park-like veneer that renders it almost beyond recognition.

In a quiet corner on a back street, a deliveryman is text-messaging his friends on his mobile phone.
palinstravels.co.uk
photo by basil pao

08-09-2009
V.I.P.

^ I wish I could go there as well, gius. live, actually, for a while..

I loved the area where I lived in Buenos Aires.. Palermo.. it has so many green areas, fruit markets, small restaurants with delicious food.. and I love that there were always businesses specialized in random things, like soap-only stores, leather-only, cheese-only stores.. and then hostels and lots of cultural events, which bring a more international atmosphere to the area..

[my own photos]

08-09-2009
V.I.P.

Also loved the San Telmo area (Buenos Aires).. I had a friend who lived there and all of his neighbors were.. characters straight out of a book , not to mention the architecture and spirit of the area, which feels more decadent and humble than Palermo. I'd definitely go back just to live there myself.

[my own photos]

08-09-2009
front row

^Buenos Aires looks so beautiful! I've heard about how sought after the Palermo neighborhood is. I've also heard, though, that there is quite a bit of crime in the city. Is this true?

08-09-2009
Looking Up

How about Auckland, New Zealand? That's where I live.

pocruises, wikimedia,anntorrence.com

08-09-2009
V.I.P.

Geostud, yes, it's Latin America, big sponsor of unfair distribution of income and basic services.. the areas that generate more for the government will get benefits and the part that they see more as a burden is preferably forgotten and more likely to turn into a zone of growing discontent, poverty, vandalism, etc.. you can go to the south of Buenos Aires in this case, at a reasonable hour like 9 pm and someone out of the blue will show you a knife and ask you for your camera/purse/whatever (this happened to me) whereas in the north (Palermo, etc) you can take a walk at 4 am and you're more likely to find drunken Americans fooling around or locals smoking together on a sidewalk.. it's very safe.. safe as any "nice" area in a place like California or NYC.
I loved Palermo but to tell you the truth, if I go back to BAs, I'll probably rent a place in the south, in San Telmo or Boedo.. it definitely has more sketchy areas but the atmosphere down there feels more artistic and genuine.. I met some amazing people in Palermo but most were the kind that drool over the whole mall culture or imported goods/traditions .. whenever I'd stay or party in ST or Boedo, the environment felt quintessentially Argentinean, from the mat-drinking men, the sounds of tango coming out of houses, lace shops, people with insane imagination and strong intellectualism.. it's a zone that, imo, captures the argentinean spirit a lot better, if that's what you're looking for.
sorry for the lengthy response.

12-09-2009
front row

Auckland looks gorgeous. Is it a fun, happening place to live or sleepy? (It looks gorgeously unspoiled!)

Looking Up

^ Auckland is acually the 3rd most spread out city in the world. We don't have mega high buildings, but we're very spread out.
We have beaches practically every 15 minutes of driving, so no matter where you are there's always water somewhere near you, and we have a TONNE of volcanos! Most of which are visions to look at.
Our population is tiny by world standards (1.3 Million) so we're not usually packed and stuffed.
Also Auckland University is in the top 2% of World Universities

01-12-2009
rising star

i spent a month in auckland! I felt so in love with the city and the country. Want to came back reallyyyy soon!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
areas, beautiful, cities, live, regions