How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
19-06-2010
  166
backstage pass
 
xxfashion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 992
i was just wondering if anyone knows where i could get some interesting backgrounds for my blogspot blog? Primarily black and white ones/ Minimalist ones? Thanks! =)


Last edited by xxfashion; 19-06-2010 at 02:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
 
19-06-2010
  167
fashion insider
 
jeremydante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfashion View Post
i was just wondering if anyone knows where i could get some interesting backgrounds for my blogspot blog? Primarily black and white ones/ Minimalist ones? Thanks! =)
this site usually has backgrounds, you can search through their selection.
- i've included the link for the black backgrounds from the site.
http://www.createblog.com/backgrounds/color/black/

  Reply With Quote
19-06-2010
  168
backstage pass
 
xxfashion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: World
Gender: femme
Posts: 992
^ thanks so much! i appreciate it! PS; your blog is really great!

  Reply With Quote
01-07-2010
  169
rising star
 
Humperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 149
^^That's one cool site. Thanks for sharing.

__________________
Art / Music / Fashion
  Reply With Quote
02-07-2010
  170
V.I.P.
 
McClaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United States
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,074
What do you all think about a black background and white writing? Doesn't it hurt your eyes or is that just me? And if so should I go for something less extreme like a cream or greyish color for the text?

__________________
“The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha
  Reply With Quote
02-07-2010
  171
scenester
 
audreyhorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 68
hurts my eyes

in general i prefer darker txt light bg

  Reply With Quote
02-07-2010
  172
fashion insider
 
jeremydante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
What do you all think about a black background and white writing? Doesn't it hurt your eyes or is that just me? And if so should I go for something less extreme like a cream or greyish color for the text?
i would say, depending on the content of your blog it really depends. usually black is too intense for the reader, but if you have mostly writing it can work in some ways. if you're going for a darker aesthetic than maybe you should consider a charcoal colored backdrop. i prefer white, especially when posting images because it allows the images to shine on their own. if not black or white, find something in between that you like design wise.

  Reply With Quote
04-07-2010
  173
V.I.P.
 
McClaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United States
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,074
^It's just that there are so many white blogs and I want to set mine apart, you know? I always thought that a black background would make photographs stand out more? Thank you for the advice.

__________________
“The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha
  Reply With Quote
19-07-2010
  174
V.I.P.
 
Mchunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,160
I think that black background with white text is too much of a contrast, but I think it would mostly depend on the font..

I used to be good at writing html scripts, or better yet editing them to look the way I wanted them to, but that was in my Myspace days.. and now I barely have the time for that..Anyway..:p

I want to get some advice and/or help with designing my blog..i don't want to post the link because i'm not sure if that's allowed but it's in my signature. I want to keep the design simple because I want it to be mainly about the photographs I blog about, but If someone could give me some tips on how minor things like texts, headline etc. to make it a little more tech-savvy, i'd appreciate it.


__________________
.
  Reply With Quote
28-07-2010
  175
fashion insider
 
jeremydante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu View Post
I think that black background with white text is too much of a contrast, but I think it would mostly depend on the font..

I used to be good at writing html scripts, or better yet editing them to look the way I wanted them to, but that was in my Myspace days.. and now I barely have the time for that..Anyway..:p

I want to get some advice and/or help with designing my blog..i don't want to post the link because i'm not sure if that's allowed but it's in my signature. I want to keep the design simple because I want it to be mainly about the photographs I blog about, but If someone could give me some tips on how minor things like texts, headline etc. to make it a little more tech-savvy, i'd appreciate it.

i always like to give people advice, since people seem very responsive to my own design which i did. i come from the same era, learning HTML through myspace & before that with xanga. you mentioned that you wanted to post your link, but are not sure if that is allowed. while this thread is mostly used for exchange of tips & tricks, so to speak. this thread allows you to promote your own blog as an exchange with other members. post your thread, the members usually give advice or nods of appreciation for what is seen.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58...ogs-51243.html

  Reply With Quote
29-07-2010
  176
fashion icon
 
kickassgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: iceland
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,013
hi i was wondering if someone could help me with the graphic design for a small online vintage shop name

__________________
jam to-morrow and jam yesterday -- but never jam to-day
  Reply With Quote
01-09-2010
  177
tfs star
 
Deborah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: E1
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,628
What do you all think about the logos/headers/title bit on blogs?
I hate mine but I can't really think what to do. How did other people create theirs? I don't know what I want so I can't figure out what to change.

__________________
Oh Deborah, do you recall?
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2010
  178
front row
 
Marjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
What do you all think about the logos/headers/title bit on blogs?
I hate mine but I can't really think what to do. How did other people create theirs? I don't know what I want so I can't figure out what to change.
I think it depends on your background color. If you don't know how to work with PS you can try to make a header my way:
My background is white and I use black text so that's easier. I used dafont.com and made an example with text I wanted as a header, then copied and pasted in Paint. Very easy.

@jeremydante You have an awesome blog!

__________________
Knowledge speaks,
but wisdom listens.
  Reply With Quote
22-10-2010
  179
front row
 
yasmine123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: global
Gender: femme
Posts: 262
Hey guys! Im totally new to blogging and am feeling a little bit unsure of myself. A friend told me to link my blog with facebook to make it easier to follow.... I've tried but am feeling a little confused! can anyone guide me about the best way to go about it?

ps: here is my blog: mypurplegrape.blogspot.com. I would love to hear constructive criticism.

__________________
http://mypurplegrape.blogspot.com_____ ┃♥ tFS 50-BOOK CHALLENGE ♥┃READING ▸ The Definitive Book of Body Language ┃COMPLETED ▶ 00┃
  Reply With Quote
22-10-2010
  180
windowshopping
 
bird milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
^It's just that there are so many white blogs and I want to set mine apart, you know? I always thought that a black background would make photographs stand out more? Thank you for the advice.
If you don't need your readers to focus on text, black background is OK. It does makes photos stand out more. If you want them to read, however, black text on white background is the way to go.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blog, design, technique, tips
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.