How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-05-2008
fashion insider

Hey guys I was wondering how to post pics side by side on blogger? Is that even possible?

22-05-2008
rising star

I don't think you can do that.. I can't recall ever seeing it like that unless you mess around with the html.

However, when I need to have images next to each other, I just crop and put them all onto one page on Photoshop, so it just acts as 'one' image when I upload it, even though it can be showing 3/4... if that makes sense.

22-05-2008
V.I.P.

your blog's looking gorgeous, educo
i like the giant header image..

to post pictures side-by-side,
when you go to upload a picture, choose "NONE" under "Choose a layout"

23-05-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
your blog's looking gorgeous, educo
i like the giant header image..

to post pictures side-by-side,
when you go to upload a picture, choose "NONE" under "Choose a layout"
God bless you

windowshopping

What widgets do you have on your blog?
I was checking out blogs and noticed all the cool widgets people have on their blogs. Did some google searches and got codes to add these widgets to my blog.

The one I'll be adding is the Clouds Tags, probably add a bunch of other cool stuff.

What widgets do you have on your blog?

You can even find a bunch here. Couple of cool ones is the message box/guest book and the Google Translator that translate your blog to different languages.

29-05-2008
V.I.P.

welcome to theFashionSpot jingco
i merged your thread with this one on blog design...

i didn't realise widgets were codings.. or that you could get different kinds from other places.
i use the ones offered by Blogger since i use that service

-Links list widget
-Profile, archive and header widgets
& -javascript widget for a sneaky invisible thing

01-06-2008
windowshopping

Thank you gius!

If anyone is interested in exchanging links let me know. Or if you want me or my team to write about your stuff, also let me know. We should support each other.

I installed the Label clouds and translator on my blog. I recommend installing the label clouds because it increases your search engine ranking so more people will find you on Google. I read that installing the translator helped blogs get international visitors but I haven't noticed that too much.

Btw when you guys make changes to your blog you are changing the CSS, not so much the HTML. I'm a programmer so if you guys have any questions let me know.

02-06-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingco View Post
Thank you gius!

If anyone is interested in exchanging links let me know. Or if you want me or my team to write about your stuff, also let me know. We should support each other.

I installed the Label clouds and translator on my blog. I recommend installing the label clouds because it increases your search engine ranking so more people will find you on Google. I read that installing the translator helped blogs get international visitors but I haven't noticed that too much.

Btw when you guys make changes to your blog you are changing the CSS, not so much the HTML. I'm a programmer so if you guys have any questions let me know.

Hi Jingco and welcome!! It's great to have more bloggers to brainstorm with. I am v. interested in exchanging links and also the having a piece written up. My blog was a test ground to see if I really liked blogging and to also play around with the templates etc. I am starting a new blog that will focus in the design industry, this blog has to look, feel and read brilliantly.

Sorry but what is CSS? I only changed the HTML.

All the best

02-06-2008
windowshopping

Hello StylistforHire!

I checked out your blog, pretty cool. I have added you to my blogroll: Fashion Style Blog. Do you want a write up on your current blog or your new one?

CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) is the code for the layout and style of your blog such as 3 columns and the colour of fonts, links, etc... Certain things you can use either CSS or HTML. HTML is the static stuff on the page such as images, text, headers. HTML is known as the Content and CSS is the style or layout.

You use Zookoda for email list, how are you finding it? Should that be something we should consider?

BTW, can you add a link to my blog? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylistforhire View Post
Hi Jingco and welcome!! It's great to have more bloggers to brainstorm with. I am v. interested in exchanging links and also the having a piece written up. My blog was a test ground to see if I really liked blogging and to also play around with the templates etc. I am starting a new blog that will focus in the design industry, this blog has to look, feel and read brilliantly.

Sorry but what is CSS? I only changed the HTML.

All the best

02-06-2008
scenester

My blog needs work, I'm toying around the layout, colours etc....any suggestions? You know I was starting to guess what CSS stood for and I almost got it. I'm a bit of a geek-in-training when it comes to this stuff...I LOVE IT! In fact I'm going to take a web design course in the near future, hope to really know HTML etc before starting though.

Having a something written about my current blog doesn't hurt, so I'll say yes why not.

Happy to add you Jingco but I want to do it properly. Do I require special code to do a blogroll?

All the best

02-06-2008
scenester

Your blog
BTw your blog looks great, really like the layout and the choice of colours etc!

02-06-2008
scenester

You asked about http://zookoda.com I don't mind it, I tried to broadcast my blog from it once but it didn't work out very well. Having said that it's possible I may have done something wrong so I'd give it another go. I did however find this site today http://whereistand.com has anyone use it? I may try it out.

03-06-2008
windowshopping

Glad you like it.
Glad you like it. I've been designing for 5 years now so I kinda know my stuff.

The best way is to go to the Layout page and click to Add Element select Link list then just enter title and the web link. You can call it Blogroll which is standard. Or you can just add me to your links section.

As for suggestions I'm not sure what area to suggest.

03-06-2008
scenester

Adding blogs
Hi Jingco,

Thanks for the info, I thought perhaps I'd have to add more code don't know why I was going for the difficult option. Have added you to my links section.

It took your 5yrs....yikes!! I guess it's work in progress, I've certainly learnt that.

08-06-2008
V.I.P.

This is the most brilliant instruction website on HTML..
Very easy to follow

Lissaexplains

http://www.lissaexplains.com/

There is a section for CSS codes and also how to make CSS layouts (good for blogs). You might also like to try "div layers" in the HTML section.. up to you to decide how you want to play with that

Cheers!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blog, design, technique, tips