How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingco View Post
Glad you like it. I've been designing for 5 years now so I kinda know my stuff.

The best way is to go to the Layout page and click to Add Element select Link list then just enter title and the web link. You can call it Blogroll which is standard. Or you can just add me to your links section.

As for suggestions I'm not sure what area to suggest.
exactly.... i dont get whats the fuss about? thats the easiest way to make visible changes...

actually lot of templates that blogspot offers, can be easily edited, and theres a lot of variations there.

21-06-2008
rising star

Does anyone know where I can get a tutorial on adding (chic looking) tabs to my blog? So it looks like an actual website rather than a blog.

21-06-2008
fashion insider

Do you mean a navigation?

http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspo...ation-bar.html

^ Here you can get the code for a navigation with tabs for blogspot. You can insert the images (for your tabs) on your own.
It's all very well explained!

21-06-2008
rising star

Ah yes! I'll have a try, thanks!

23-06-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitPuppy View Post
Do you mean a navigation?

http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspo...ation-bar.html

^ Here you can get the code for a navigation with tabs for blogspot. You can insert the images (for your tabs) on your own.
It's all very well explained!
I was going to suggest the same site. This site is great I learnt quite a bit about adding a third column, not sure if I'll keep the third column but it was a good learning experience for my next blog.

24-06-2008
rising star

I use that site a lot, but didn't think to search for tabs on it!

I tried the tabs but they didn't look as good as I thought... I think I'll need to play around with the html..

... but I have a question, how do I get the actual tab shapes, like with the curved corners.. is that just an image that I have to make myself?

02-07-2008
V.I.P.

thanks petitpuppy great site !

decadentdiamond which tab shapes are you talking about ..? is it on the website? i think you would have to make those yourself

06-07-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylistforhire View Post
I'm looking at the site now, thanks for the recos....did you use this site? I think I'll just contact them, but I'd much rather code it myself because I want to learn more about coding. I like your top pic, that's what I'm after an identity that immediately tells the viewer a bit about the blog.

I'm starting another blog geared towards industry professionals. There will be interviews etc, so this blog has to have it's own look.

Any other suggestions are gladly welcome but thanks Punky for suggesting that site.
Punky: I want to thank you for recommending Etsy I had a banner designed for my new blog and the girl that did was very pleasant and responded in a timely fashion. I am pretty happy with the work if you want take a look, link provided below.

21-08-2008
backstage pass

I'm looking for some feedback on my blog. Ive been blogging for almost 3 years and would love some feedback of what people like and dont like.
Anyone wanna help me out?
punkystyle.com

Thanks for your time.

21-08-2008
V.I.P.

Ooo, I didn't know tFs has a blog design technical support thread.

21-08-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I'm looking for some feedback on my blog. Ive been blogging for almost 3 years and would love some feedback of what people like and dont like.
Anyone wanna help me out?
punkystyle.com

Thanks for your time.
some design critiques:

your background is nice, but a bit disturbing when you scroll, try making it fixed instead of scrollable

the twitter-box looks awfully out-of-place. You got a nice vintage-design going but the überchrome reflective box really doesn't fit in.

Other than that I got nothing to add, as I said - it looks really nice and vintagy

22-08-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAlyce View Post
some design critiques:

your background is nice, but a bit disturbing when you scroll, try making it fixed instead of scrollable

the twitter-box looks awfully out-of-place. You got a nice vintage-design going but the überchrome reflective box really doesn't fit in.

Other than that I got nothing to add, as I said - it looks really nice and vintagy

Thanks so much, I never liked that twitter box...I move it all the time and I never like where it is...I should just remove it.

04-10-2008
V.I.P.

ATTENTION, BLOGGERS!!

For anyone who has a blog .... here's your one opportunity to promote it right here ... on tFS!

As you know ... we normally don't allow you to actively promote your blogs here. You may only post you blog links in your signatures and profiles and in a couple of threads just for a critique.

But .... now you can compete for being our featured blog of the month. Once a month a blog will be selected to be featured on our editorial pages ... which will mean free advertising for the bogger who wins. Anyone has the chance ... Read here!

04-10-2008
windowshopping

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but since everyone is giving out blog advice and stuff, I don't see how it'd hurt..

Does anyone know the HTML code, or how to make your blogspot entries wider? Thanks in advance, seriously!

04-10-2008
backstage pass

hopefully someone can help me re-design my wordpress.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blog, design, technique, tips