How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-06-2006
backstage pass

Brad's house in the Hollywood Hills as featured in Elle Decor

from laineygossip.com

http://www.laineygossip.com/ArticleList.aspx?ID=4106

Brad's House & the feng shui appraisal

Have you seen the Joy Luck Club? Remember the narrow, cold house that matched the narrow, cold marriage? Well take a look at Brad's design marvel as seen in the pages of Elle Decoration. Visually impressive, to be sure. But a superstitious old Chinese woman would take one look at this thing and start burning incense and muttering chants under her breath. Arty is one thing, inviting disaster is another. And while it's unlikely that it still looks like this with bratty Madd running around, I'd also expect a 'Buddhist' like Angelina Jolie to see the spiritual hollowness of this place and start tossing some warmth and maybe even a few throw pillows around for protection.

Now for the benefit of those hysterical 'Brangelina' fans out there who can get pretty foamy-mouthed if anything untoward is directed at the subjects of their idolatry - may I say again that I think Brad has great vision and artistry and that his home is nice to look at and he is very good looking and Angelina is very good looking too and so are the children and may the heavens bless them and their seed with ten thousand years of 'fu' and luck as full as the East China Sea and health as green as the Southern Mountains - which is how Manchu concubines used to greet the Emperor back in the day, according to Anchee Min in her account of Empress Orchid, and it's such a fitting tribute to the reiging Son and Daughter of Heaven and Hollywood, don't you think?

Feel better now, Brangelinians? There, there…put away that nasty venomous email, ok? I'm not saying calamity will befall your favourite family. I'm just trying to keep a Chinese eye out for them, make sure they last forever and ever, you know? Because I do love Brad and Angie, I do worship them above all others. But maybe just not as feverishly as you.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp bp2.bmp (10.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: bmp bp3.bmp (10.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: bmp bp4.bmp (10.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: bmp bp5.bmp (10.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: bmp bp6.bmp (10.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: bmp bp7.bmp (10.6 KB, 6 views)

- Leo Buscaglia

Last edited by chantal; 28-06-2006 at 09:27 AM.

28-06-2006
vertebrae by vertebrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehepburn
huh?

there is no pic of Rob's kitchen in the scans
ooh I skimmed through too quick. I meant the first pic in #197 which I see now is Brad Pitt's former kitchen. really stunning. sorry for the mixup! Thanks for posting those pics btw... his house is really inspiring even if its not all my style

Last edited by Inaya; 28-06-2006 at 09:35 AM.

28-06-2006
army of lovers

Is that the house Brad shared with Jennifer? I really like his new mid-century mod house in Malibu.

28-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel
Is that the house Brad shared with Jennifer? I really like his new mid-century mod house in Malibu.
I think the house that was posted on the previous page is the one Brad and Jennifer shared. They sold that one. Jennifer said that it was too cold for her, as was the furnitire that Brad picked out. I don't think the furniture in the photos was their furniture though.

The pics that I just posted above are pictures of the house in Hollywood Hills that Brad owns now.

- Leo Buscaglia

28-06-2006
backstage pass

Why in the world are you posting what a gossip blogger says? Is this a gossip thread? In that case, here is what JustJared has to say about the house-

Quote:
The House that Brad Built
The rumors are true. It seems that Brad Pitt is more than a great actor and a pretty face -- he also knows quite a bit about architecture, as proved by his modernist masterpiece nestled high in the Hollywood Hills. Beautifully simple and exuding a zen-like calm -- it's a compelling space even before you find out that it's home to Hollywood star Brad Pitt. The fact that he also had a hand in creating it merely adds to the appeal. "The most important thing I learned with this house is you have to let go of a lot of great ideas for the sake of harmony... I love that architecture is this huge art piece you can be inside. I believe it lifts your soul and affects your mindset," says Brad. Find out all about Brad's pad in the gallery, which contains scans of Brad Pitt's Hollywood Home as featured in the cover story of the July 2006 issue of Elle Decoration Magazine!
I'll look around some more gossip blogs to see what else is being said!

28-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantal
I think the house that was posted on the previous page is the one Brad and Jennifer shared. They sold that one. Jennifer said that it was too cold for her, as was the furnitire that Brad picked out. I don't think the furniture in the photos was their furniture though.
The furniture is theirs. Brad did a Vanity Fair interview while he was promoting Troy and the journalist saw the house and her descriptions of the various rooms and furniture matches the pictures.

I am assuming that JenJen picked out the furniture for her study and I didnt post a picture of it to save her embarrassment because it is beyond tacky!

Last edited by thehepburn; 28-06-2006 at 10:38 AM.

28-06-2006
....ITMFA....

Quote:
I am assuming that JenJen picked out the furniture for her study and I didnt post a picture of it to save her embarrassment because it is beyond tacky!
Now I want to see it! Post pics please!!

I really only like the living room and kitchen from Brad's house ( they don't seem to go with the rest of the house)

28-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Why in the world are you posting what a gossip blogger says? Is this a gossip thread? In that case, here is what JustJared has to say about the house-

I'll look around some more gossip blogs to see what else is being said!
Some of us find it interesting, that's why! And because it pertains to Celebrity Houses. Last time I checked, that is what this thread was about, right?

- Leo Buscaglia

30-06-2006
V.I.P.

I don't think they realise how lucky they are to have such beautiful homes.

30-06-2006
V.I.P.

Poor Jen, Brad pretty much steamrolled over her decor taste I assume. Who could live in that house is beyond me. It's designed well but so stark and personality-free. totally get why their marriage failed. I'm guessin Angelina isn't much of a pushover.

Last edited by Tinuviel; 30-06-2006 at 09:57 PM.

02-07-2006
vertebrae by vertebrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxpinktinksxX
I don't think they realise how lucky they are to have such beautiful homes.
Why do you say that? I think they are grateful and maybe thats why they are showing them because they are proud of what they've got

05-07-2006
front row

This thread is very interesting! I really love Laboutin 's House and Jade Jagger 's house!! Thanks for all this pics girls!

08-07-2006
V.I.P.

David and Victoria Beckham!
Here are a pictures of David&Victorias home in Madrid,Spain and i have to say i preffer their house in England this one just looks like all Hollywood houses!
Its amazing how many huge houses they got,they have another huge house in South Of France that they probably visit once a year!

Credit:VB.forum.Net!

08-07-2006
trendsetter

^ I feel like that pool is oddly placed...and very uninviting!!

08-07-2006
rising star

proof that money can't buy you taste...the only ones i liked were SJP's house, simple, light, homely and comfortable without being the slightest bit pretentious and oestentacious. and i like anjelica huston's house...the only house that was any interesting architecturally... the fireplace is quite magnificent, to me it screams power and status so much more than all the other frilly over the top places...and i actually kind of like paris latsis's place...very kitsche and post modern, at least it's fun.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, celebrity, houses