How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2012
backstage pass

Hello! I posted this in Lee Radizwill's thread but thought you here might enjoy it. She is Jackie Kennedy Onassis's sister.

I thought you all may like to see some images of Lee's houses. It's always nice to put a lady in context.

Turville, a 17th century country house in Oxfordshire.

Quote:
Besides the London house, Lee and Stas shared a country home, Turville, a 17th century Queen Anne in Oxfordshire. Here is a picture of the cobblestone courtyard around which all the buildings faced, creating its own picturesque village. The buildings seen are actually guest houses - the main house is not really visible here. At the center of the courtyard was a large beech tree with a bench around it for mounting horses. Off to the side of the courtyard was a tennis court and there was both a kitchen and rose garden that was hidden behind peach walls. The walkways were lined with espaliered pear trees that were heavenly when they bloomed in the spring. There was another building, an indoor pool house which was built to resemble the underside of a boat. The story of this house fascinates me and I wish there was a book that documented it, all the changes and additions, and all the outbuildings. But, alas, there wasn’t a market for such stories back in the 60s. The designer John Stefanidis lived in a country house, **** Crow, that looked very similar to this – outbuildings that connected around a main house and a courtyard. Thankfully, he DID document the creation of his country house in the book Living Through Design, which remains one of my all time favorite design books. An interesting factoid, both Radziwill’s and Stefanidis’ country houses had a ha-ha. I’m not entirely sure what a ha-ha is – some kind of landscaping boundary, but whatever a “ha-ha” is they both share it!!!

Quote:
Renzo Mongiardino was the designer for Turville and the dining room is considered the most spectacular room in the house. In the New York Times, Radziwill describes the room: ''On the walls, Mongiardino applied Sicilian scarves printed with flowers on a background of blue. Then, over the scarves, his friend Lila de Nobili painted more flowers and, in oval shapes, portraits of Christina and her favorite animals, which included a lot of birds, and for Anthony's portrait there were dogs and horses. It sounds cute, but it wasn't. It had lots of atmosphere. I don't like dining rooms. I think they have too much structure and are too formal. I thought this was magical. Lila de Nobili thought the room had a very Turgenev feeling.''

Above is the entry hall.

Quote:
The room between the living room and library was another floral filled space that housed birds and parrots.

Quote:
Another view of the bird room with a wonderful set of botanicals that moved with Radziwill throughout the years. What an arrangement of flowers! I wonder if they always had flowers like this in the house or were they brought in just for the photographer?

Quote:
The interior designer Mark Hampton created this water color of Lee’s Mongiardino-designed bedroom at Turville. The accuracy is almost like a photograph. Notice the painted floor – this pattern shows up again in different houses of Radziwill.

Above is Lee's NYC Apartment.

NYC living room.

Dining room

Continued below...

All quoted text and images from here, Cote de Texas.

06-01-2012
backstage pass

Library

Master bedroom

The NYC apartment Lee moved into after her marriage to Prince Radizwell ended.

The small Paris flat which she has now.

Her current NYC apartment

All quoted text and images from here, Cote de Texas.

10-01-2012
trendsetter

Her taste in decoration is very romantic. I personally prefer more restrained decorating, but I like some of those rooms quite a bit, especially in her more recent Paris and Manhattan apartments.

rising star

The NY and Paris living rooms are nice (I'm talking about the ones that do not have wallpaper) but the rest...OMG I would always have a headache if I lived there

20-01-2012
V.I.P.

Gisele Bündchen & Tom Brady's mansion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-finished.html

dailymail.co.uk

20-01-2012
trendsetter

Holy ****. Looks like a hotel.

20-01-2012
fashion elite

O M G

20-01-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

Holy .....! This is HUGE!

tfs star

Imagine how much the housekeeping costs.

22-01-2012
fashion insider

I love this house but I don't understand why it has to be so big. U need half an hour to walk from one side to another.

30-01-2012
trendsetter

Vera Wang's LA house (I hesitate to use the word "home" in conjunction with this building haha). Images are originally from Harpersbazaar.com

trendsetter

It looks like the ultimate bachelor pad! I couldn't live there but it's really beautiful imo. So minimalistic that you can truly rest in peace there. Love it!

30-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemina View Post
I love this house but I don't understand why it has to be so big. U need half an hour to walk from one side to another.
Well, both Gisele and Tom have many siblings probably everyone has got a room of their own.

Vera's house is beautiful but I couldn't live there. I'd feel very unconfortable there.

Last edited by Niusity; 30-01-2012 at 02:21 PM.
30-01-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarra View Post
It looks like the ultimate bachelor pad! I couldn't live there but it's really beautiful imo. So minimalistic that you can truly rest in peace there. Love it!

I agree. It's kind of beautiful but I just can't image living there. There's just.... nothing there. I think it would be perfect as some sort of exotic bed and breakfast (hahaha) but not as a home.

fashion elite

Beyonce's old apartment, now turned into her closet.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/category...clipId=6090008

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, celebrity, houses