How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2010
front row

Fashion Editorial Style Graphics and Layouts for Blogging
(1) Does anyone know of a guide that teaches how to create fashion editorial style graphics and layouts similar to that found in Bazaar Magazine? Also similar to the one's found on WhoWhatWear? Specifically, what kinds of fonts and colors are necessary...

credit: whowhatwear.com

(2) Also, does anyone else know of any other blogs that usually create neat fashion editorial style layouts and graphics like the one above?

23-10-2010
fashion elite

I don't know any type of book or guide on how to make layouts for those pages but I guess every magazine has created their own kind. Which is why US Vogue layouts are different from Vogue Nippon or Vogue Paris you know; each blogger do the same, I actually created my own type of layouts for a web PDF downloadable magazine and it's fun when you find your own signature, your style in a way. Fonts, formas and colors are then your choices to make.

front row

Thank for your reply! Yes - I definitely wish I had my own style. I just need to understood the rules of design. Such as not leaving large blank white spaces - rules like that and maybe rules concerning use of fonts, lines, and color. I don't have an eye for that...

26-10-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihanemo View Post
(2) Also, does anyone else know of any other blogs that usually create neat fashion editorial style layouts and graphics like the one above?
I like INTO THE GLOSS (http://www.intothegloss.com/). It's the blog of Emily Weiss and is set up very similar to a fashion mag.

front row

^ Thanks! It's a gorgeous blog.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blogging, editorial, fashion, graphics, layouts, style