How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

Houses that appeal to your Inner Child
I love a good playhouse.. they still appeal to my inner child.
A really great one can be like a fairytale come true..

cbwf mette lykken bolig.jpg tippie w floating table berlingske from outdoors by sir terence conran.jpg
mettelykkenbolig.dk------------------------------------------- tippie w. floating table from the book 'outdoors' by sir terence conran via berlingske.dk

wendy2x300 gdtimberdesigns co uk.jpg lighthouse10 danielswoodland com.bmp
gdtimberdesigns.co.uk-------------------------------------danielswoodland.com

pinterest : hanneonpin

05-02-2009
V.I.P.

I want one!

05-02-2009
a dim capacity for wings

oh, hanne, i love these, thanks for sharing. they remind me a little of the handmade houses from san francisco that i once posted here, do you remember? {bonjour}

05-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

no I dont .. should the thread be merged with them ?

05-02-2009
a dim capacity for wings

oh no, i think it's fine on its own, mine were really all kind of houses, it started out as the beautiful houses thread and then i split them because i'm a snob and didn't want my houses to be buried under all those fancy homes of wealthy people:p

wait, i'll find it for you i just thought you might like it, too..., hang on..

05-02-2009
a dim capacity for wings

here it is:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ses-52175.html

05-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

Those are gorgeous.. I don't think I saw that thread.. Storm was 8 month at the time you started it.. so I had my hands full..

I think Susanna-Cole would love this thread..she posted some stuff in a similar spirit here : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...d-5367-55.html

05-02-2009
a dim capacity for wings

from spielart-laucha.de
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baumhaus_hainich1.jpg (135.1 KB, 17 views)

05-02-2009
a dim capacity for wings

oh yes, indeed. hah, it's good to be here again but i feel like a grandma with a walking stick

i find the idea of tree houses especially appealing, i suppose they appeal not only to my inner child - as almost everything does - but to my inner hippie child {as almost everything does}:p

05-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

I wish I had my hands screwed on just right.. so I could make Storm one of those houses one day..but knowing my husband.. we'd have to have building safety expectors looking over every inch of it

05-02-2009
trendsetter

Such glee! Could we post pictures of unusual houses on this thread, not just playhouses? I love unusual homes, partly for the fairytale aspect, but also because they tend to embody a resourceful and respectful philosophy towards nature and society. Try googling 'unusual houses', it's heaven.

www.uforarea.com Ha! I don't know if this is real, but it shows that you don't have to tear down trees to build a home, you can work with what is on the earth.

www.billabongvalley.com Hope this isn't an earthquake-prone area!

www.xnepali.com This is such a defiant sentiment, a colorful paintjob of a stuffy apartment building. It reminds me of poor, run-down neighborhoods, where some people always clean their streets, paint their houses cheery colors, keep flowers and plants on their balconies and windowsills.

www.all-about-houseboats.com Amsterdam is beyond magical. Yes, yes, people really live in these, though I'm told the reality of living in a houseboat is less fun than the fantasy. Screw it, I want to live in a houseboat!!

Last edited by GasolineRainbow; 05-02-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Deleted one picture, much too large.
05-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

Well..we could just rename this thread.. 'Houses that appeal to your Inner Child' ? That's more encompassing..

I lived on a houseboat for a year on Nagin Lake in Srinagar (Kashmir, India) truely the most beautiful place on earth.. no matter on what side of the lake you were living you had the Himalayas as a backdrop..

Last edited by Hanne; 05-02-2009 at 04:37 PM.
05-02-2009
trendsetter

Hanne, you could have mentioned that biographical tidbit with some kind of disclaimer or warning. Thanks a lot, I'm disoriented and foaming at the mouth with jealousy right now. Do you have any pictures? If you do, kindly remember the disclaimer thing...

I think the "Inner Child" title is befitting, definitely. I'm sad to see that one of my pictures didn't work, but it's happened to me before, so I'll wait till tomorrow to see if it appears on my screen.

05-02-2009
Storm & Sommer

lol

Pictures ..my parents have most of them.. has I was only 10 at the time and none of them are stored on my laptop just in my head..
anyways.. it's not an 'inner child' place anymore too much political unrest among the locals (and decapitated western mountain climbers) killed the tourist industry which meant at the houseboats were left to rot without the tourist money coming in..the population to day is probably 1/10 of what it was when I was there..

Back on topic.. I see all of the pictures - no red X's for me..

05-02-2009
trendsetter

What an interesting childhood you must have had! I have such wanderlust, I cannot tell you. I am aware of the political turmoil in that region, and tragically, there many awe-inspiring regions in the world that have been compromised by war and poverty. I guess it's all the more reason to cherish the time you spent there, even as a child, where much of our memory is hazy and half-formed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
appeal, child, houses