The Interior Decor Thread! #1 - Page 50 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
19-08-2008
chat~

^ i love the lights too
could maybe be a diy project
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocavalli View Post
Just wanted to say how interesting this thread is. Also, I was wondering whether any of you had some pictures of bedrooms designed with buddha sculptures, plants or a more oriental look to it (nargiles etc). I would like to get some ideas from these pictures.

Thank you!
try the Celebrity Houses thread in this forum..
you might find some there.
i saw a show on MTV called 'Cribs' and they featured actress jamie lee preston's home (is that her name..?) and living room had buddha sculptures with a fountain and hot stones.. many other details

Last edited by gius; 19-08-2008 at 12:48 AM.

20-08-2008
fashion icon

^I think you mean Jamie Pressly.

18-09-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Am going to paint my bookcases here really soon (hopefully!). I got the inspiration from this picture of Gia Coppola's working space (which MMA kindly found for me! ) I have Ikea billy bookcases stacked horizontally one on top of the other (three of them so they are about 4 feet tall) and I am planning on painting back panel black but just the back panel. No interior sides or shelves, just the panel so that hopefully it will provide a bit more depth to my room, and make the books and decorations on the shelf pop!
Have you done this yet?

I did exactly this decor theme with my library shelves and absolutely L-O-V-E the results! Books and objects are really showcased with the impact of the light and dark of the white shelves and the black wall. And I especially love how glass presents on the shelves!

18-09-2008
turn and face the strange

^that's a great idea.. I've always wanted to either wallpaper or paint the back panels of my shelves.. I have SO many boring white shelves in my apartment with barely anything on them.

Would anyone like to share pics?!

18-09-2008
rising star

photo credit - Teleflora.com

These are ideas for Asian inspired floral accessories, as requested in a previous post.

Also please consider phalaenopsis orchids - used in a sparse presentation - makes for a wonderful oriental accent. This example shows orchids with magnolias.

photo credit - officescapes.com

My home is a combination of Asian - both modern and very ancient - paired with classic modern decor. I have found the key to using these accents is to always keep it sparse and simple. Less is more, less is more, less is more.

18-09-2008
rising star

/\ Further regarding questions about oriental themes for the home - please also consider these items which might look nice in a bedroom -

Photo credit = gumps.com

A garden stool can be used as a very nice side table in almost any setting.

Photo credit = gumps.com

While this pictures shows cocktails on the tray, this basic design can be used for a variety of objects. This sort of tray is beautiful in lacquered black, red, gold, etc or one can go in matte finishes as well. The key here is to use simple shapes with an Asian flair.

Photo credit = target.com

Again, this tray is bamboo and can be displayed on a tripod base as a backdrop item or it can be placed on a surface and used in an 'art as decor' item.

While the items in these pictures might be rather expensive, I have found many of them in secondary sources for very reasonable prices. I would encourage using online auction sources or discount department stores to find many of these.

My mantra in creating an Asian/oriental theme is this - EVERYTHING that comes through my front door is merely a raw material for me to alter to my individual specifications. I rarely find myself NOT purchasing something because the color is wrong - colors can be altered. - - Also, when I consider the purchase of something, I always ask myself this question - "If I rearrange this room, where will I next place this item?" If I can provide myself with a good alternate spot for the item, then it comes home with me!

I hope this serves your creative desire to pursue the oriental theme - and good luck!

01-10-2008
rising star

bump!!!

Does anyone have inspiring images for 2008? Especially from World of Interiors, etc...

I just saw Jessica Stam's apartment in a magazine (this month's Elle Decor, ugh, I know, but I actually find a lot I like in it! Which is more than I can say for Wallpaper) and thought it was very well done, unrestrained, uncolorful, and intimate...I was glad to see she hasn't jumped on the streamlining bandwagon, although that is nice sometimes too!

01-10-2008
fashion icon

Does anyone know a great place to find vintage Chesterfield sofas? All of the new ones I have found online have brass rivets on them, and I hate that. I want a simple black one similar to the one on the Alexander Wang "My Style" vid on YouTube, if anyone is familiar. TIA for any help!

02-10-2008
fashion elite

^ I found a leather Kent Chesterfield Sofa here..
If you go to the bottom, you can select your leather and under 'hand dyed' you'll find a dark ebony.. Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but just thought I'd try and help..

02-10-2008
fashion icon

^Thanks!

02-10-2008
fashion icon

I found my sofa!!!

The Blenheim from Chesterfield Couture (pic from chesterfieldcouture.com)

I am in LOVE with the white, but I think black would be more practical. Do any of you guys know of any leather protector that would keep the white leather white??

03-10-2008
Storm & Sommer

Eurobad '74 < ..it's funny... its ugly yet I recognize a lot of the elements in new modern interior design..which I like *frightening*

pinterest : hanneonpin

Last edited by Hanne; 03-10-2008 at 03:42 PM.

03-10-2008
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Speaking of chesterfield sofas rochasfille..
Blow up Chesterfield from Design Conscious
www_design-conscious_co_uk.jpg
image from designersblock.blogspot.com

pinterest : hanneonpin

03-10-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

Hanne

Sorry Rochasfille I don't. I don't know - I don't find things I have that I am constantly worrying about destroying to be enjoyable items. Maybe there is some sort of great leather protectors out there, but imagine if a friend came over and she had new jeans on and you didn't know and then she stained your couch, etc. Though leather is decently easy to clean....

04-10-2008
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
Eurobad '74 < ..it's funny... its ugly yet I recognize a lot of the elements in new modern interior design..which I like *frightening*
Brilliant! (I kinda liked some of it too.)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, decor, interior, thread