How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-10-2008
fashion icon

i have to say, i love the blow up chesterfield sofa haha

and the eurobad 74...hehe, most of the rooms were pretty bad, practically all, just not my thing

07-10-2008
fashion icon

That blowup chesterfield rocks! SO hilarious!

09-10-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

I've been wanting to buy a lot of little things for my flat for awhile, but have been hesitant since I'll only be here for another 9 months or so and then I'm not sure where I'm moving to. But for my birthday my mum asked what I wanted so I'm getting her to take me to Ikea and having her drive me back home (I live 2 hours from her and 2.5 from the nearest Ikea). I'm quite excited! Just a lot of little things make a difference imo. Getting a little sidetable (to replace the two stacked cardboard boxes I've got now ), going to link together some picture ledges, some lighting and SHELVES! Can't wait!

10-10-2008
Storm & Sommer

Meg.. I don't know if you get the IKEA catalog in Canada like we do here.. but if I was you, I'd have a look in one beforehand and then you can actually check the IKEA site to see if they have the items you like in stock.. so that you don't get disappointed if an item you want isn't there..

pinterest : hanneonpin

10-10-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah I do go on the site to make sure the stores have what I want but there is no alternative (ie going to another store and shipping from online is quite high). Regardless, I am now not going this weekend. As the stuff won't be driven up for another month, there is not point buying it now when the Canadian dollar has fallen 8 cents in one week

12-10-2008
fashion icon

Here are two very rudimentary mock-ups of how I plan on decorating my apartment when I move next year:

Living Room:
Chesterfield Couture Blenheim sofa in polar white leather
Plexi-craft acrylic trunk coffee table
Arco lamp
Magino acrylic side table
D.L. & Co. claw candleholder for coffee table
Sony Bravia plasma
White sheepskin area rug (could not find online)

Bedroom:
Conran Francoise bed
Conran mirrored chests
Olatz Palermo linens in white with purple border

As you can see, all I have decided upon at this point are the basics, and I still need to find a lamp for the bedroom (I'm thinking of the Kartell Bourgie in black). Let me know what you think so far!

pics from chesterfieldcouture.com, conran.com, olatz.com, and unicahome.com

Last edited by rochasfille; 12-10-2008 at 11:51 PM.

13-10-2008
i'm almost ready..

love the acrylic side tables...very cool...do you have a better pic of the coffee table? looks interesting but i can't see it properly from that pic..

13-10-2008
Storm & Sommer

rochasfille.. some inspiration for you..

white by winnie lui 02 innermost co uk.jpg
innermost.co.uk

radiator by joris laarman droogdesign collection 02.jpg
droog.com

shadow chandelier eduardonavarro com.jpg
eduardonavarro.com

the l report.jpg
innermost.co.uk

pinterest : hanneonpin

13-10-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

rochasfille - looks lovely! I'm sure once you get your stuff in there, the remaining pieces will fall into place. I personally prefer when people have some 'real' items in places designed like that, that suit a modern time period (ie modern mags, glasses, pictures, whatever) because if your doing something in such icy tones and with a historical context, if you don't have anything personal in it, I just find such rooms a bit cold. But perhaps thats just me. I LOVE the big lamp though - i've seen it elsewhere (I think Ikea has a knockoff or something similar?). I'd love something like that for my place.....

13-10-2008
fashion icon

Thanks, Hanne and Meg!

adorefaith, that is the best pic of the coffee table I could get - it's from plexi-craft's website if you would like to see it a little bigger. I plan on custom-ordering a slightly larger version since my sofa will have such an imposing presence in the room.

13-10-2008
rising star

I'm so excited about moving right now.
I've got that moving buzz.
And it's at the perfect time to because I'm finishing high school in about 2 months (and I'll be moving straight after), so it will b a great opportunity to cull EVERYTHING relating to my high school life and start anew!
My parents are really into redecorating the apartment I move into, so I'm looking at tables and sofas and desks and everything.
The place we're considering is smallish (1 bedroom) but has good sun exposure. So I'm looking to emphasise that as much as possible by furnishing the living room with really LIGHT colours. White, champagne, maybe a splash of pale yellow etc.

I'd love to get mirrored splashback for the kitchen counters, and a light fixture that hangs over the dining table.

I also want a real mixture of modern, clean, white gloss surfaces and frosted glass with some really interesting, antique feature pieces like a burgundy studded leather chair or some baroque end tables (I already have a deep red and gold classic French carpet!)

I'm SOOOO excited!

14-10-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

I love being excited about design! It's so refreshing and inspiring! are you buying or renting? Because if you are renting (and I hate to be a dampener), unless it's truly dire it's probably not worth putting your own money into a backsplash that you will get no financial gain out of. I'm not a huge fan of light apartments, simply because I like grey (yes, I'm a sourpuss :p) but also think about making your apartment transitional, so that it fits all the functions you would use it for. I'm sure it'll look fab!

14-10-2008
fashion icon

that plexi trunk coffee table is awsome!

14-10-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I love being excited about design! It's so refreshing and inspiring! are you buying or renting? Because if you are renting (and I hate to be a dampener), unless it's truly dire it's probably not worth putting your own money into a backsplash that you will get no financial gain out of. I'm not a huge fan of light apartments, simply because I like grey (yes, I'm a sourpuss :p) but also think about making your apartment transitional, so that it fits all the functions you would use it for. I'm sure it'll look fab!
We're buying! That's the whole reason we're moving anyway, 'cause my parents are sick of renting.
But just due to space issues they've already bought an apartment for themselves (and my sis when she's home from uni) and they're looking to buy this extra one for me (just so we have adequate space).
I love the fact that we're buying 'cause it allows u to do so much more and make better use of the space with shelving and built-ins etc.

I think I'll post some pics up here when the process really starts to take off!

14-10-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
...I'm not a huge fan of light apartments, simply because I like grey (yes, I'm a sourpuss) but also think about making your apartment transitional...
Every wall in my house is some shade of grey. I find it to be the perfect backdrop for artwork, which is very important to me.

At different times of the day and with the movement of the sun and the light - the walls will 'change color' - silver to grey-blue to medium grey and then at night it looks darker grey. It also makes white look v-e-r-y white and black looks extremely black. The play of light and dark is fantastic.

But I must admit, the idea of mirror tiles behind the counter sound so great. GWOD - I love your excitement - and I will be extremely disappointed if you don't come back to us with some pictures once you have your project started....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, decor, interior, thread