How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2004
paint it black

Kitchens
The ultimate desire, though - a bulthaup kitchen!
(somebody's making a list, right? )

18-11-2004
paint it black

What's everyones opinion on this Arclinea kitchen?
And who makes the lamp? It would be perfect.

18-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by maarit
@Nov 18 2004, 12:30 PMWhat's everyones opinion on this Arclinea kitchen?
And who makes the lamp? It would be perfect.

[snapback]437330[/snapback]
are you kidding me? what's not to like?

I'm not sure who makes this lamp, but here is something similar from Moss. Moss BTW is a cult interior design shop. If you are ever in NYC, it's a must visit.

Lamp

Last edited by gius; 08-06-2007 at 09:39 PM.
18-11-2004
paint it black

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Nov 18 2004, 12:35 PM
are you kidding me? what's not to like?

I'm not sure who makes this lamp, but here is something similar from Moss. Moss BTW is a cult interior design shop. If you are even in NYC, it's a must visit.

Lamp
[snapback]437336[/snapback]
I figured. That kitchen is so lovely!

Thanks faust, that's quite similar and cheaper than Flos light fixtures. I saw something along those lines at a shop for $60
But I love those christmas lights in the Arclinea one..
I'll keep Moss in mind.

19-11-2004
paint it black

If anybody needs kitchens to drool at, there's Boffi

03-09-2006
fashion elite

i,ve just moved on to my own appartment which i share with my best friend INTER (also tfs member) and we have been taking pics of the flat this weekend...

just felt like sharing a few we took in the kitchen after buying the small lcd tv screen for the kitchen and such.

ciao,Sonny xxx

ciao! Sonny xxx

http://www.myspace.com/sonnycam
03-09-2006
V.I.P.

^ please do i love your kitchen to death!

04-09-2006
V.I.P.

Great kitchen! Love it, very retro but modern.

04-09-2006
V.I.P.

Wow I love your kitchen

04-09-2006
fashion elite

oh,thanks a lot for all those nice comments on my kitchen.. btw, the glass of the table wasnt painted by me or anything. i bought it in Ikea and i was surprised it looked that nice. the word "love" in several languages is written all over it.

time for pics of our bathroom now. it is a very small place but INTER n I sort of designed what we wanted it 2 look like. not that we built it or anything but the design of it was certainly ours. i hope you like it too.

thanks again for nice comments! ciao! Sonny xxx

http://www.myspace.com/sonnycam
30-10-2006
slightly dizzy

Kitchens
Sonny, like I said I love what we can see of your kitchen (p. 23), and the bathroom doesn't look too shabby either...

I'm in the process of renovating my hall and kitchenette. The kitchenette is a very small space, only 1,31 x 1,47 m, with no window or anything. I'm trying to create a sleek, minimalistic, elegant look, which is really a challenge when you have a space the size of a closet... :p

I'm thinking black stone/tile floor, hand-made smoky grey tiles with shiny, cracked glazing on the walls and smooth (light) oak or high-gloss black cabinets (maybe dark red), and a stainless steel, glass, marble or concrete countertop. I really don't know... All I know is that I'm tearing out the old stuff very soon, and I need to replace it!

I've found the perfect fridge, to be integrated under the countertop, and a gas hob that can be placed above it. I would've preferred one with a lower/sleeker profile, but there really is no other space to put the hob than above the fridge if I also want a sink...

Basically, I want a fairly dark and somber kitchenette... Do you think it's doable in such a small space? I guess the lighting will make or break such a dark interior in such a small space?

Do I sound crazy? Any tips and ideas for my cramped space are welcome!

Pics www.smeg.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fridge.jpg (9.5 KB, 699 views)
File Type: jpg hob.jpg (8.9 KB, 696 views)

Last edited by Hanne; 18-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.
30-10-2006
V.I.P.

Hmm one thing that I've been told is NEVER use marble for a kitchen benchtop or floor as it stains easily. If you spill red wine on marble its ruined forever.

I like the sound of concrete countertop but I heard it stains easily well maybe not as bad as marble. But the whole dark/concrete look would look great in your kitchen. I think its a myth if you have dark colours in a room it looks smaller just don't overdo it with pattern and texture.

Do you have pics of the tile or your old kitchen?

30-10-2006
elementary.

yes tott! concrete looks fabulous.
we looked into it but decided against in the end as none of the colours available matched up w/our units.
*o & like lemeray said marble stains so so easily. stainless steel is a bitch to keep looking good. fingerprints galore . . .
a deep rich wine shade almost blackish red you know? . . in gloss cabinets would look fantastic
& look into porcelain floor tiles . . they are lovely. ;]

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 30-10-2006 at 01:00 PM.
30-10-2006
slightly dizzy

Thanks for your thoughts!

I actually had a grey carrara marble floor in my old apartment, and I never had a problem with stains... But this was very highly polished, so it was also very slippery, practically lethal to walk on... :p Maybe concrete can't really be that highly polished, and therefore is pretty vulnerable...? I have so much to learn here!

I'm not too worried about fingerprints on s/s, though I know it's hell keeping it pristine... i_<3_chanel, a dark, dark red sounds like a very good idea for the cabinets...! Porcelain floor tiles sounds lovely, I will have to look into that... Would you happen to have a link?

I'm too embarrassed to post a pic of the current state of my kitchenette, it's really in a horrible condition... It's practically original, and poorly refreshed during the years, from 1929; it still has the original gas stove...

I will take pics and post a before/after once I'm done though!

Attaching a pic of the wall tile I'm thinking of, with flash so you see the surface; the colour is deeper in real life. I want grey, but this is green since this is half of a tile I swiped from my brother when he did his kitchen...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flash.jpg (54.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by tott; 30-10-2006 at 02:11 PM.
30-10-2006
Power to the 99%

^ tott!!! An original 1929 gas stove??? My house was built in 1927 and I have a new electric stove ... I have both gas and electricity tho', and I want to go back with an antique stove. Irony

But anyway, yes, I do think you're nuts to think of putting black in a tiny windowless space. The stainless steel is reflective (or can be), so that's good ... I would be thinking of mirror in there myself if it's so tiny (though I don't get the measurements as I never learned metric, just taking your word on the size ...)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kitchens