How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2008
fashion elite

Are Fujifilm 100c instant films compatible with Polaroid 600 format cameras, or would I need to purchase an additional accessory? (Instant film backs?)

10-03-2008
fashion elite

Forget instant film backs, i have no idea what i was talking about..

14-04-2008
tea time

i stuck the holga filters i bought and stuck them onto my polaroid.
i also love all my tea cups

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
15-07-2008
More Old Skool Than You

Hey hey, go here and learn how to do Polaroid image transfers. There's VERY limited time to get this all done, so get on it people, lest you be pissed for slacking off.

PDF book for download on the technique:

http://www.pacificsites.com/%7Ehdupre/trans.html

http://www.pacificsites.com/%7Ehdupre/image.pdf

^ copyright Holly Dupre

Just doing my part to help Polaroid go out in a blaze of glory.

the crying of humanity

Figured this is probably the best thread to ask. Anybody know where I can find Type 108 film? I recently bought a Polaroid Land Camera Model J66, which (of course) takes a type of film that can't seem to be available anywhere.

V.I.P.

Sad news ... Polaroid won't be making film or instant cameras anymore ... they've been forced to go digital. http://www.polaroid.com/ifilm/en/index.html So it's not likely you will be finding it ... unless there's a hidden stock of old film somewhere. It's already becoming an icon of the past.

However ... on the Polaroid site, they do seem to be selling just these films right now.

Last edited by BetteT; 16-07-2008 at 09:14 PM.
16-07-2008
the crying of humanity

I heard that a few months ago, but I wasn't sure when exactly the move was going to take place. I suppose I'm already too late. Thank you for helping, though!

More Old Skool Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
Anybody know where I can find Type 108 film? I recently bought a Polaroid Land Camera Model J66, which (of course) takes a type of film that can't seem to be available anywhere.
108 was killed years ago (early 90's?), it came in big rolls and you advanced the film to shoot, at the end is a huge razor that slices the picture from the roll as you develop it.

But it can still be used depending on how crafty you or someone you know is with a saw and epoxy. You would need to cut the back off the camera and epoxy in a film holder for a 600 series PACK film camera (film #'s 664/665/667/669/690, etc). A lot of work, but worth it.

Fuji still makes instant film to fit in these film holders, but only Polaroid has those crazy color shifts we get all gaga over.

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/how2-packconv.htm

Then there's this guy in Australia who takes old Polaroids and converts them into BEAUTIFUL 4x5 cams, but not less than $1,000 USD.

You can all convert it to 120 medium format film, I've seen some one do it with Legos. Yes, Legos.

http://www.foundphotography.com/Phot...id_95a_12.html

As far as Polaroid being dead, everyone is hoping Fuji or Ilford will buy their technology out, but that's yet to be seen when all the back stock is gone.

Currently I think I have over 600 Polaroid shots hiding in my refrigerator right now... I've been preparing for a while.

Chop that camera up, it's the only way you can use it. Legos seem to be less intrusive.

front row

How can they stop producing instant film? They aren't known for anything else... They have so, so many fans everywhere and now everyone is going to stock up and then polaroid packs are just going to end up on ebay. What is Jeremy Kost and modeling agencies going to do? geez, I'm SO mad. If the Diana/Holga dies I will be on a murderous rampage.

As for using film past expiry dates, film works at least a year past in my experience. The look of it definitely was better, more aged and vintage. The only problem was that the metal bar that holds the film left a shadow on the pictures.

going to stock up now...do..di....do...

21-07-2008
windowshopping

i love wendy bevan's work!

source: www.wendybevan.com

21-07-2008
windowshopping

and some of me own work

21-07-2008
backstage pass

^ I love your work...It's very raw!

backstage pass

sorry, just subscribing here..

25-07-2008
More Old Skool Than You

Dear Polaroid User

Many thanks for returning the questionnaire in which we canvassed views and opinions on the Polaroid situation. All the questionnaires were read and analysed and it was of great interest to us to be able to confirm the high regard in which the Polaroid brand is held and also how passionate users feel about its possible demise.

HARMAN has issued the following statement.

"HARMAN technology Limited, through its monochrome brand ILFORD PHOTO, and Polaroid Worldwide have been in discussions about the possibility of ILFORD taking on production of Polaroid's black and white professional instant sheet film. Despite the best efforts of both parties involved they have determined that there is not a commercially viable way forward.

HARMAN's Chairman, Howard Hopwood said: The processes involved in the manufacture and assembly of professional instant sheet film products are very demanding and it would require substantial investment to re-establish them at HARMAN technologys site in Cheshire, England.

When compared with current and projected sales for the products, it was clear that such an investment could not be justified;Ł

Howard Hopwood continues: "While we had hoped to work together on continuing the production of instant sheet film, it is cost prohibitive to meet the declining demand. As a company we are saddened that such an inspirational form of expression will disappear, but we will always remain staunchly committed to the long-term future of monochrome photography in all its facets and we will continue to do everything we can to support it."

At least we might still have Fuji left? I'm buying another couple cases soon. It's like a fever, and the only sure is more alkali.

Last edited by fourboltmain; 25-07-2008 at 11:31 AM.
01-09-2008
trendsetter

^ yeah my friend got one in amazon for like 15 dollars

i recently bought the polaroid book, by taschen. its really good!

Polaroid Book: Instant and Unique - The Best Images from the Polaroid Collection (Taschen's 25th Anniversary Special Editions)

source: amazon.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
polaroids