How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2011
oh! darling

I would love beautiful large posters like that in my space. ^

I have been getting too much into music and movie star posters. My room looks like a college dorm.

11-01-2011
V.I.P.

psylocke, did your order from posterjack.com before? how did it come out? how was the resolution? please let us know how it comes out. i am very curious.

V.I.P.

^My posters arrived 5 days after I placed the order and I'm very happy with the posters. When you upload the images it tells you what format would be optimal and what you can expect what the resolution is going to be like. I ordered the McQueen ones in 90x60cm because it told me they would still look perfect this huge and they really do! I should have ordered them smaller though because I can't find frames in that size

I only ordered smaller prints of the other images (45x30cm and 40x30cm) and they turned out great, too. It actually said the Aldridge/Hanne Gaby one didn't have a high enough resolution for the size I wanted but it's not blurry at all and it looks amazing.

runa That firts McCarthy one is stunning!

papa_levante Those Beatles ones are really cool, definite classics. What other posters do you have on your walls?

11-01-2011
oh! darling

Quote:
papa_levante Those Beatles ones are really cool, definite classics. What other posters do you have on your walls?

allposters.com

I got this one on a whim because it was just $5. But I don't like it. It's boring. I like what it says, but it's just bluuuuuuuuue.

I might go back and get this one instead:

allposters.com

oh! darling

How does everyone here keep their posters on their walls? I was afraid to use tacks because I don't want to have to paint over the holes they leave behind once I'm moved out, so I got these at my craft store:

amazon.com

They don't work.

First, they were difficult to peel off of my posters.
Second, my posters kept falling off the walls. It was really pissing me off. I had cut the squares into smaller squares to be "thrifty" but the posters kept falling off. I said, "Don't be cheap! Just use them and buy more," but unfortunately, even without cutting them and using their actual size didn't keep my posters up.

V.I.P.

^^Those are nice! I actually like the first one a lot! I want some music posters too, but it's really hard to find some when you're not into Gaga and 50 Cent!

For smaller pictures I use Scotch Double Sided Tape because it's very easy to remove from both the wall and the poster. For bigger ones I used to have the ones by Tesa. They were awful, too. I spent hours blow drying my walls trying to get it off when I moved Posters were all torn as well.
Now I prefer getting all my posters framed. Of course there will be holes but I think painting over them is less annoying than trying to remove the stickers. Plus, I find that posters fall off whenever there is a change in temperatures when you use stickers and I hate that and that doesn't happen when you hang them up or use tacks.

17-01-2011
tfs star

^thanks for those advices.
I'm moving soon so i'm collecting stuff to decorate my new place, unfortunately i'm not sure if i'll staying there for more than a year so i was thinking on something that would be easy to remove later because the classic scotch sucks at it. (my bedroom right now can testify that )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
art, posters, wall