Rebel Heart Tour Book : Madonna by Steven Klein - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2016
backstage pass

Rebel Heart Tour Book : Madonna by Steven Klein

Madonna Rebel Heart Tour Program
Photographer - Steven Klein
Celebrity - Madonna
Stylist - Arianne Phillips
Hair - Andy Lecompte
Makeup - Aaron Henrikson
Creative Director - Pascal Dangin
Art Director - Stephen Smith
Art Director - Tiff Chang
Production Director - Marion Liang
Account Director - Tanner Graham

onthecoverofamagazine.blogspot.com

01-04-2016
backstage pass

01-04-2016
backstage pass

01-04-2016
backstage pass

01-04-2016
backstage pass

Just typical Klein, and I think this is her best tour book since her Re-Invention one.

Btw she was wearing the same Bob Mackie gown for her "Sooner or Later" Oscars performance in 1991.

01-04-2016
front row

I just love this tour book, and it is her best one since RIT.
Madonna and Steven Klein can still make magic, when they want too.

01-04-2016

Very interesting... the layout is certainly a remembrance of 'Sex'

Bitch, I'm Madonna indeed...

fashion insider

The design aesthetic is very Barbara Kruger. And it's all so solid except for the Warhol bit, which makes absolutely no sense within the context of the rest...

Thank goodness this mess of a boring era is over. The awful tour had to be her most snooze-inducing one.

01-04-2016
Fat Karl

^^Agreed. Glad the tour is over. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast at the show, but if I had to see her twirling around in that damn Gucci gypsy outfit on one more Instagram post (granted I certainly follow a few too many Madonna fan accounts)….

I'm ready for Madonna to scale back the look a bit. I want to see her looking CHIC again. I loved the way she looked in those Versace ads a season or two ago. She looked so strong and the haircut was so fabulous on her. She really needs to - at this point - ditch Arianne and Bea, who are doing nothing for her. No more overwrought costumes. No more old Hollywood hair. And no more sexy cliche tropes like leather and studs and fishnets. I certainly don't want her to "act her age" - I like that she still does whatever the hell she wants…and I want her to continue to do just that, but the look isn't sophisticated anymore. That's the rub.

Madge looks best when she's not suffocating her image in tricks and gizmos. The woman has more to offer than any other entertainer on the planet, so I like when she shows up in a pair of great trousers, a tank top, biceps a-blazin', and some sexy bed-head waves.

(nymag.com)

Indeed. I am so over Bea's bag of tricks... I would not necessarily want Arianne out as well. She does great things for M.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDNA View Post

Madonna Rebel Heart Tour Program

I'm still a big fan of her Blonde Ambition tour book, but this is wonderful! Looking at the images, so many artists/styles come to mind.

Thanks for sharing, MDNA!

Wanderlust

This is stunning !!! While I was not a fan of the album, it is impossible to deny that she is a genius when it comes to visuals. Incredible.

02-04-2016
flaunt the imperfection

i don't get it...
what the hell's going on?

is it her blood, someone else's blood...?

is she being beaten and raped or interrogated or has she beaten and killed someone?
and what does that have to do with anything regarding the tour or the album?

WTF...

seems totally irrelevant...

***bitch, you are redundant...
(and your lips are almost as inflated as your ego)...

Last edited by softgrey; 02-04-2016 at 11:31 AM.
02-04-2016
flaunt the imperfection

making violence look glamourous/sexy really isn't cool...
it just isn't...
not in any way...

it's not...

Last edited by softgrey; 02-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.
02-04-2016
fashion insider

^^^ These are actually stills from a short she made with Steven Klein used as the opening video of her last tour, softgrey. From what I can remember, I believe the concept was how the masses worship a figure to great heights, only to knock her down and beat the crap out of her when she's stuck around too long; hence she’s caged and all bloody in a Bob Mackie gown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
^^Agreed. Glad the tour is over. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast at the show, but if I had to see her twirling around in that damn Gucci gypsy outfit on one more Instagram post (granted I certainly follow a few too many Madonna fan accounts)….

I'm ready for Madonna to scale back the look a bit. I want to see her looking CHIC again. I loved the way she looked in those Versace ads a season or two ago. She looked so strong and the haircut was so fabulous on her. She really needs to - at this point - ditch Arianne and Bea, who are doing nothing for her. No more overwrought costumes. No more old Hollywood hair. And no more sexy cliche tropes like leather and studs and fishnets. I certainly don't want her to "act her age" - I like that she still does whatever the hell she wants…and I want her to continue to do just that, but the look isn't sophisticated anymore. That's the rub.

Madge looks best when she's not suffocating her image in tricks and gizmos. The woman has more to offer than any other entertainer on the planet, so I like when she shows up in a pair of great trousers, a tank top, biceps a-blazin', and some sexy bed-head waves.
I think if you’re going to any concert, you’re going to try to make the best of it… I mean, why would anyone pay good money, take the time to go see a performer to not try to enjoy it????? But looking at this offering objectively, it’s terrible. I hope she doesn’t tour for a while and until she has new concepts, cos this tour had nothing to say, and if I’m being honest— it’s a legacy tour, with her performing all these 80s hits in the most flat arrangements. That’s not what I want to see this woman reduced to.

That Gucci-dress and medley section was like some budget-impersonator doing some muzak best-off tribute to M on a cruise line, to a roomful of 70-yos… That entire tour was like Madonna on karaoke.

So lazy that she didn’t even bother having a live singer accompany her for “Take A Bow” and just had Babyface’s 1995 prerecorded backing vocals. Edith’s “La Vie En Rose” is eternal… but it’s not like M doesn’t have any love songs of her own— how about “Rain”….? How amazing were the days when she was accompanied by Donna and Nikki and they harmonized and supported to bringing songs like “Rain” and “Deeper and “Deeper”, and the Drowned World’s version of “La Isla Bonita” (that Gaultier HC ensemble alone…) to such pop heights, along with the visuals of three beautiful women together, instead of this karaoke-fest nowadays with just M pretending to strum a ukulele LOL

Having exacted some tough luv on the ol' girl, I also believe she still has it in her to be able to impress again.

Last edited by Phuel; 02-04-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
book, heart, klein, madonna, rebel, steven, tour