How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-05-2006
scenester

heeejj
Sunday I am going to barca for a week, I like the shop very much (I think ) were can i find m??

31-05-2006
rising star

Nice, can you maybe post pics of the style in Barcelona?

03-06-2006
scenester

I've been to barca this week. But I did'nt think the people were stylish, especially the girls. The boys are a lot better dressed than the girls. In barca I have seen 10-20 girls who were dressed nice or special, all the rest was wearing some boatcut jeans witch a t'shirt or sweatshirt net very nice or stylish

12-06-2006
front row

Sorry, Barça is the name of the football team, Barcelona is the city. For some reason Dutch people always confuse the two.

12-06-2006
trendsetter

(hintmag)

Going Dior to Dior
His last runway was literally on fire, but Hedi Slimane's Dior Homme stores remain oases of cool. Take, for example, the new boutique in Los Angeles (Beverly Hills, to be exact), where the full range of men's ready-to-wear, footwear, watches and accessories, plus Slimane's signature scents, can be admired on pristine white shelves jutting out from black lacquered walls. Slickest of all, Slimane has, in keeping with the label's other boutiques worldwide, invited Daniel Arsham to collaborate on the interior. The Ohio-born artist created craggy white structures that emerge from the corner of the fitting rooms like mini-glaciers. Feel the chill. Dior Homme, 315 North Rodeo Drive, 310-247-8003. —Stephen Morriss

Y-Not
What started a few years ago as a simple collaboration between a sports giant and an iconic Japanese fashion label has grown into a massive perma-line that incorporates not only men's and women's threads, but also shoes, bags, denim, keychains and everything else under the rising sun. We're talking, of course, about Y-3, the brand that marries the athletic heritage of Adidas with Yohji Yamamoto's catwalk prowess. Capitalizing on its mass appeal, Y-3 has begun rolling out stand-alone boutiques in Taipei, Atlanta and, most recently, Tokyo, which Yamamoto calls home. Lining the three floors of the 900-square-foot space at 50-3-20 Minami-Aoyama—near the designer's signature shop—are walls of mirrors, its key feature, playing up the idea of reflection and unity. Look for similar outlets to hit New York, where Y-3 has shown for the past few seasons, as well as Los Angeles, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Berlin and other European spots. It's a Y-3 world. -SM

A Store is born
Longchamp, the recently reinvented French accessories brand owned by the eccentric Cassegrain clan (who also helped Kate Moss return to grace as the face of their spring campaign) has a new New York home with the opening of its long-awaited flagship in SoHo. The dominant feature of the La Maison Unique Longchamp (132 Spring Street, 212-343-7444)—which also serves as the luxury label's U.S. showroom and headquarters—is "the landscape," a wavy staircase of steel ribbon strips directing street-level shoppers into the large retail space above. There, the full range of impossibly supple bags, luggage and other leather goods can be groped, including three spring bags from from Jeremy Scott, following artist Tracy Emin's contribution last year. But the collaborations don't end there. Having enlisted graffiti artist Astre 74 to work on its fall '05 collection, Longchamp is reportedly in talks with Paul White, the British graphic designer behind Me Company.

13-06-2006
adi
fashion insider

some of these stores give me headache but i love it

13-06-2006
trendsetter

Via Condotti, Rome
Valentino

Salvatore Ferragamo

Prada

Gucci

Giorgio Armani

greenwichmeantime

13-06-2006
trendsetter

Via Condotti, Rome
Dolce & Gabbana

Christian Dior

Cartier

Bvlgari

Bruno Magli

same source

13-06-2006
follow the lights

Thanks, KaE-YU!

What a lovely entrance to the BVLGARI shop.

09-07-2006
trendsetter

Quote:

By BILL CUNNINGHAM
Published: July 9, 2006

The Fifth Avenue windows of Bergdorf Goodman and Saks are a new kind of art gallery, with constantly changing installations. A form of theater from the early 1900's, store windows have had their ups and downs. They slumped in the Depression, revived in the late 30's, and fell again in the late 70's, when department stores closed and street crime curtailed nighttime strolls. And then many promising display artists were lost to AIDS.

Linda Fargo (10) came to Bergdorf's in 1995 and started a revolution with her extravagant fantasies, including upside-down windows (1), and 1996's mannequins sprawled on holiday tables including broken china (10 again). Her amazing detail (7) influenced costume shows at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (8). David Hoey (3) now designs Bergdorf's windows. His counterpart at Saks, Tim Wisgerhof (17), has his own art signature, with Warhol-like multiple cupcakes framing mannequins (11); huge surrealist eyes (12); a snow-shovel Christmas tree (18); the repetition of manila envelopes (19); and a series of smashed panels, doors and broken light bulbs scattered on the floor (20, 21 and 22). Many times what seems to be a finished Wisgerhof window is a work in progress. The first week the backgrounds are flattened shipping boxes held together with tape (13 and 14). A week later trash can lids are added (15). Week three, the boxes are painted magenta and packing paper forms clouds (16). Visiting the windows is like watching an artist create a work.

At Bergdorf's, Mr. Hoey isn't waiting until the holidays to stop passers-by in their tracks. His present installation salutes the Dada show at the Museum of Modern Art, including a topsy-turvy room (4). Mr. Hoey's spring windows celebrated transportation (6) with seated mannequins protruding from the wall; the Dorothy Draper show at the Museum of the City of New York (9); and surrealism (5). Up now are mannequins and their silhouettes, cut from wrapping-paper backgrounds (2).

The Council of Fashion Designers of America has missed a great opportunity in not recognizing these exceptional talents at its annual awards.

newyorktimes.com

09-07-2006
backstage pass

i JUST got back from the martin margiela store in ny.. its quite gorgeous! great white interior and the staff is extremely friendly

14-07-2006
Fly my pretties... Fly!

G2000 Spring/Summer 2006 featuring Hana Soukupova
G2000 Spring/Summer 2006 at Mongkok, Hong Kong
Featuring Hana Soukupova

Chanel Allure - also at Mongkok, Hong Kong

[Shot by Tortoisie ]

15-07-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

i love this hermes window with its origami horse

17-07-2006
backstage pass

LV champs elysées flagshipstore, one week ago. source: my digicam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LVdisplay.jpg (73.0 KB, 21 views)

18-07-2006
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Escada Sports at IFC, Central, Hong Kong
Hana Soukupova (left), Inguna Butane (right) and Marija Vujovic (right) on the window display of Escada Sports at IFC, Central, Hong Kong

Pictures taken 18 July 2006
[Photos by Tortoisie]

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
design, displays, shop