How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2010
backstage pass

I the Lavin store. I wouldn't mind having a walk in wardrobe like that!

17-09-2010
V.I.P.

Does anyone know how to screen capture photos from Lanvin? They have an amazing range of photos of their store windows but I don't know how to capture them?

22-09-2010
Not Thinking About Time

Barneys

Jil Sander

Chanel

Took some pictures of Chicago designer store fronts thought I would share.

Portfolio Last FM

Last edited by from: sophia; 22-09-2010 at 01:08 AM.
22-09-2010
V.I.P.

^^^ Thanks so much for those! Its so interesting to see what goes on in the store fronts of international stores. By the way, the Chanel photos - are those recent? Because in Australia the new store front has Fall / Winter collection already (with the faux-far suits and boots, etc).

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

Some Lanvin store fronts from a while ago

lanvin.com/

22-09-2010
Not Thinking About Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
^^^ Thanks so much for those! Its so interesting to see what goes on in the store fronts of international stores. By the way, the Chanel photos - are those recent? Because in Australia the new store front has Fall / Winter collection already (with the faux-far suits and boots, etc).
Actually they are a few weeks old they just changed to Fall Winter this weekend. The Lanvin ones are lovely btw

Portfolio Last FM
22-09-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
I think we're the ones behind because we're well into 'Spring' now!
Thankyou for the pictures though! ^^ They're wonderful

29-09-2010
gone pigcognito

Hermès FSH - these are a bit dated (September 2009), but they are such lovely displays, and I didn't see them posted here yet (^(oo)^)v

and a bit of the interior as well:

All images by piggy - that's me! (^(oo)^)

Alluring

I simply adore Lanvin displays, season after season they make me smile

13-12-2010
front row

Hermès display is simply lovely!

Mr. Magic

Christmas window in Milan

Isaia

Giorgio Armani

Missoni

Cartier

Rolex

Milano

Aspesi

Ralph Lauren

Quote:
Non just the stained glass windows of the Dome have been enlightened of vivid colours, but also the entire Milan all over is dressed up with light for Christmas 2010. If the public project LED took in town as many as 60 installations by artists who have modelled the light, even in the well know streets of the shopping this year more than ever thousands of small bright spots have been turn on.

Nearby the Dome, the department store La Rinascente has covered the 7 floors façade with a cascade of blue light that remembers the glaciers of the Nord; while the windows on Corso Vittorio Emanuele have been created each one by an artist for a nice and elegant result with the cold colours dominating.

Even Ralph Lauren, in Via Monte Napoleone, has decorated the building with a triumph of golden lights, while at the corner with Via del Gesù, Cartier switches its shop in a huge gift packet with a massive red bow. Differently Missoni and Armani, that chose a minimal idea with sober windows even for the Christmas period.

Completely another way for brands as Aspesi and Isaia. Isaia, tailor house from Naples, does not renounce to bring into the shop windows the Neapolitan news. An unusual Christmas tree made of black garbage bags and gift boxes of litter tied together with red bows, bring the attention to a serious social problem. As to say: all that glitters is not gold.
vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
25-12-2010
Mr. Magic

Paris Christmas windows

Christian Dior

John Galliano

Fauchon

Bonmarche

Prada

YSL

Flower Shop

Dolce & Gabbana

Paris

Barbara Bui

Krizia

Loewe

Prada

Quote:
Dark tones, purple and violet colours mixed together with the thousands of small light spots that in these weeks cover the walls and the trees, make Paris a magic town. A Tim Burton's atmosphere in the streets and in the windows of the French city, which for this year seems to be slipped in a baroque post-punk world where black is the main colour.

The well-known windows of the department store Printemps became huge carillons with lots of puppets, fantasy characters created by Alber Elbaz, that organize court-party on Vivaldi's Primavera notes. An imagination triumph that surely charms - if not hypnotize - whoever look at it.

Mirrors games for mysterious reflections are the key fro many big brands: Dolce & Gabbana, Krizia, Prada but also Kenzo and Yves Sant Laurent make Christmas 2010 elegantly noir. Really beautiful the window by Ralph Lauren that, in a cornucopia of furniture and decorations, guards a lonely lady rider dressing a scarlet jacket.

Chantal Thomass recreates a boudoir capitonné of a pale pink that exalts the laces and the bodices ready to welcome the New Year. Fauchon, the chicest épicerie in town, proposes a snowy Paris to be put up-side-down like in a buole de neige. Without any doubt Paris, la ville lumière, plays with the lights - even the Christmas ones - with high mastery.
vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
25-12-2010
Mr. Magic

Paris

Chantal Thomass

Kenzo

Ralph Lauren

vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
25-12-2010
Mr. Magic

NY City's Christmas Windows

Barneys New York

Bergdorf Goodman

Quote:
The winter season is really the time when visual merchandisers, window display designers, art directors and creatives at New York City's top boutiques and department stores really flex their muscles to create crazy, theatrical displays that can not only outdo their prior creations, but also the creative powers of their competitors.

You'll know you're in the right place when you look up at the sky to find a huge, glittering swarovsky embellished star hanging from intersection at 5th Avenue and 57th Street. From the gilded-age inspired windows at Bergdorf Goodman, to the modern cocktail party at Saks Fifth Avenue, a stroll down 5th Avenue, offers a tour de force of beautiful decor that is both festive and artistic through a series of shop windows.

Barneys New York took a more humorous approach to their windows, with creative director Simon Doonan creating a hilarious visual satire, under the tagline "Have a Foodie Holiday", of America's most famous chefs, many of whom, like Mario Batali, Anthony Bourdain, and Rachel Ray, have their own television shows.

High end boutiques, like Cartier and Fendi, opted to package the entire store façade like a Christmas present. If you're in New York City, treat yourself to a late night walk (bonuses: no tourists and the lighting in the windows is truly at its best when it's dark out) to tour the holiday windows this winter season.
vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
25-12-2010
Mr. Magic

Bergdorf Goodman

vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
Previous Thread | Next Thread »