How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2005
Swim Upstream

Taz - I hope you don't mind but I slightly changed thename of this thread and moved it into D&C as its home is probably there a sits about Design (and thats where we have the Interiors thread).

Graet thread....I love so many store designs. I love the Marni stored - who designed them again? I also love the Dover Street Market because its slightly haphazard... The best IMO in L'Eclaireur on rue Herold - amazing (if a bit pretentious).

Last edited by helena; 01-12-2005 at 07:50 AM.

04-12-2005
windowshopping

Gloria I really like leggins black and white. I read they're from Zara, but I haven't seen them, so I'll try to go there another time or maybe in another Zara (Las Glorias perhaps)

13-12-2005
taz
MUSE

here are the pics for the new CHANEL store in Hong Kong:

edit: Chanel 2005 / 2006 New Bags thread

13-12-2005
no photos, no photos

There was a huge visual merchandising convention going on last week and one of the attendees popped in to admire my space and was telling me about that Selfridge's......very cool.....thanks for the pics

I'll be back with pics of my store when I move over to the laptop......

taz
MUSE

intresting from 'vogue news', about the concept behind the new store design in HONG KONG:

Quote:
CHANEL LIGHTS UP HONG KONG

MARC JACOBS' new Louis Vuitton flagship wasn't the only thing to see in Hong Kong this week. Chanel expertly combined fashion, art and architecture with the re-opening of its own Asian store. In a fittingly prime location, the boutique opens onto the only remaining open space in the forest of striking skyscrapers that forms the city's Central district and continues a long relationship that was initiated by Gabrielle Chanel herself, who was patron to leading artists and musicians including Picasso, Horst and Stravinsky. The five-floor façade looks like the iconic box of Chanel's No 5 perfume by day, but at night transforms into a giant glittering screen, visible throughout the centre of town and across the harbour. Made with over 200,000 computer-controlled LEDs, the display shows ultra-high resolution images of a 'human fabric' expressed through the continual motion of thousands of pedestrians moving through the image. The installation is the creation of Israeli artist Michal Rovner, and is designed to resemble the house's famous trademark tweed. In the coming months, the work is destined to tour through Chanel's flagship boutiques in Tokyo, New York and Paris. Inside the store, which is inspired by Mademoiselle's Paris apartment, the collection of specially-commissioned pieces includes a endearing cast bronze doe sculpted by Francois- Xavier Lalanne, a 32-meter three-storey strand of Murano glass pearls by Jean-Michel Othoniel (which weighs 500 kilos and necessited a reinforcement of the supporting structure of the building), a huge, but delicate Conte-crayon Camellia drawing by Joseph Stashkevetch, and a diamond-dust portrait of Chanel by Vik Muniz, all from the outside too. "This is a significant turning point [in architecture,]" explains architect Peter Marino. "Never before has Chanel, or any other brand, put art outside their boutiques and projected it to the entire city. It's a gift to the inhabitants and tourists visiting Hong Kong." (December 14 2005, AM)

The Chanel store in Hong Kong, this week

Last edited by taz; 14-12-2005 at 06:24 AM.
15-12-2005
windowshopping

I was in Barcelona this spring, and just wanted to tell you that I'm in love with that city...

28-12-2005
scenester

Your friend has a very stylish way of putting things together. Keep on posting!

fashion elite

I love this thread....I am currently writting a paper about the hip interior for shops...and I am trying to look for examples...anyone can help out will be great? Something like soho new york botiques..

trendsetter

I really like the Marc Jacobs in Boston...it is classic yet modern

sjaklitsch.com

30-12-2005
trendsetter

I really like all Marc Jacobs and MJ store designs...more from the same source

Accessories shop on bleeker

Marc Jacobs San Francisco

30-12-2005
trendsetter

more...same source

Marc Jacobs LA...the billboard above is tacky though

30-12-2005
trendsetter

more...same source

MJ on Bleeker...women's side

30-12-2005
backstage pass

Lanvin have fabulous boutiques. The window displays are very theatrical, and the interior is designed very luxuriously. I also love the Chanel boutique on Avenue Montaigne in Paris, does anyone have any images? I think the window displays there are very cute...

30-12-2005
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorella
Lanvin have fabulous boutiques. The window displays are very theatrical, and the interior is designed very luxuriously. I also love the Chanel boutique on Avenue Montaigne in Paris, does anyone have any images? I think the window displays there are very cute...
check the 1st page of this thread, post no'6 for LANVIN window display pics

30-12-2005
backstage pass

Thanks Does anyone have pictures of the Chanel boutique on Avenue Montaigne?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
design, displays, shop