How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-07-2008
backstage pass

I'll scan the whole interview later, it's a great interview done by (as formulated in the intro) 'Daddy' gallerist Javier Peres. But here is a lovely little quote:

"I love myself very, very, very much and in doing so I love everybody else. Everyday I wake up and look in the mirror and can't belive that I'm looking at myself. Sometimes i get so touched by my own reflection in the morning I get a bit nauseous. Narcissism is totally underrated. To be supremely selfish, to be so completely in love with yourself that you have to puke when you think of yourself is the only way to make great art"

11-07-2008
V.I.P.

^^^^^

Wow. At least hes honest about it!!!

15-04-2009
windowshopping

Two Terrence Interviews
These are both old (but not that old) but I didn't see them posted here. As with any Terrence interview, they are both definitely worth a read! Thought some Terrence fans would enjoy.

"Truth or Dare" Terrence Koh - PLANETļ Magazine October 2008

[source: planet-mag.com]

Quote:
Excerpt:
Koh confesses, ďI like people to put words in my mouth. Itís an easy feeling. I mean, I canít describe myself. Itís an impossibility. Am I beautiful, boastful, arrogant, rich, disgusting, distorting, that is for others to say. I donít in general think too much about what is serious or what [is] not and that is a straightforward answer. I am therefore fascinated by Buddhism. It is very straightforward and I think I am not. I have a lot of confusing messages internally, sub-consciously. I think that the stuff I put out there in the world is for me a point of precision, of being straightforward.Ē The funny thing is, that as much as the artist insists on letting others speak for him, and as well as that has served his career, he truly has the most interesting things to say for himself.
more:http://www.planet-mag.com/blog/2008/...n/terence-koh/

Q&A from DEJOUR (online mag) October 2008

[source: dejourmagazine.com]

Quote:
Excerpt:
Jill asks: Whatís your favorite way to spend an evening out in NYC?
I GET SCARED OF PEOPLE AND DONTí REALLY LIKE GOING OUT. SO MY FAVORITE WAY TO BE OUT IN NEW YORK AT NIGHT IS RIDING MY BIKE. ITS COMPLETELY NOT THE SAFEST THING TO DO BUT I PUT ON MY SOUND CANCELLATION BOSE EARPHONES AND JUST RIDE AROUND RANDOMLY ON MY BIKE AND LISTEN TO MARIA CALLAS WITH EITHER AVE MARIA, BACH ON A LOOP, OR THE CURE, A THOUSAND HOURS AND JUST RIDE AND RIDE THE EMPTY STREETS AFTER MIDNIGHT AND STOP AT SHOP WINDOWS AND LOOKS AT THE WINDOWS OR AT TREES AND THE MOON NOT REALLY MANY STARS TO SEA IN NEW YORK I LIKE IT ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A BREEZE A LIGHT BREEZE AND RIDING MY BIKE AFTER MIDNIGHT
more:http://dejourmagazine.com/wordpress/?p=282

Tags
koh, terence