How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-02-2006
backstage pass

ohhh Multitudes...your post reminds me i drew in a art school last year but my drawings weren't as good as yours!

Your " bored angel" is really beautiful...

19-02-2006
Of a bastard line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzaline
ohhh Multitudes...your post reminds me i drew in a art school last year but my drawings weren't as good as yours!

Your " bored angel" is really beautiful...
Thank you very much Manzaline ... Do you still draw?... I would love to see if possible and if you feel up for sharing your artwork

19-02-2006
TNF
front row

Am I allowed to post a computer drawn image? Or is this topic only meant for hand drawn images?

The picture in the attachment, which I've made about a year ago, is the portal page of my website. It's meant to look nice, both modern and timeless, and a little bit Hed Kandi-like (no deeper meanings, further). And it had to be neutral, because the portal page leads to a couple of totally different sites.

start4.gif

Last edited by TNF; 19-02-2006 at 01:28 PM.

19-02-2006
V.I.P.

Wow! There are some really talented people here. Love the angels and everything else posted.

It's kind of emabressing posting next to all the gorgeous drawing here, but this is one of mine that I did in art class last year. I dont know if anyone remembers the commercial, it was for a heart burn prescription and it said that heart burn comes partially from food and partially genetics. It showed these old people and foods that looked like them, this guy if from that commercial. He was compared to eggs sunny side up because he had big round yellow glasses in the picture that I didn't draw.

http://guessgirl96.com/drawing.jpg

20-02-2006
i'm almost ready..

beautiful thread...

multitudes-your work is great...
thankyou for sharing...

20-02-2006
fashion icon

Extraordinary work everyone . Multitudes..... You never fail to amaze me with your work . Avant Garde, awesome .

21-02-2006
just because I'm losing

Thanks to- JR1, Jbarahona, Honey~Blade, muxu and mirrra -for all your compliments and karma.

26-02-2006
rising star

Here's a couple of things from last year..

I've since the photo, cropped the right side.. It's 22"x33" I think. Drawn from life for junior year final exam.

skulls drawn over the summer from the nature lab at RISD

photo of work in progress (that since photo has been finished).. a book illustrating Radiohead's lyrics to "Life In A Glass House" .. interpreted literally, from the point of view of a lobster. Uhhh.. it's best not to ask. This was also done over the summer at RISD.

It kind of sucks I don't have anything more recent. School takes away all my time for art..

26-02-2006
No One Does It Like You.

^amazing! breathtaking! you really deserve A+

26-02-2006
backstage pass

>.< Those are really great!

26-02-2006
Of a bastard line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabzoog
Here's a couple of things from last year..

I've since the photo, cropped the right side.. It's 22"x33" I think. Drawn from life for junior year final exam.

skulls drawn over the summer from the nature lab at RISD

photo of work in progress (that since photo has been finished).. a book illustrating Radiohead's lyrics to "Life In A Glass House" .. interpreted literally, from the point of view of a lobster. Uhhh.. it's best not to ask. This was also done over the summer at RISD.

It kind of sucks I don't have anything more recent. School takes away all my time for art..
That is really great work... love your eye for details in your drawing work... The first piece, what have you done that with?.... and I see you are another admire of Schiele..

...Adorefaith and aquarius 21...

Last edited by Estella*; 26-02-2006 at 11:20 AM.

26-02-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multitudes
That is really great work... love your eye for details in your drawing work... The first piece, what have you done that with?.... and I see you are another admire of Schiele..

...Adorefaith and aquarius 21...
Thanks (everyone!)
The first piece was done with graphite.. mostly solid woodless graphite sticks (6B and 9.

26-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multitudes
Sienna, Thank you very much .... It is pencils I use, mixture of soft and hard to get the variation in light/shadow, maybe it's the technique I use that doesn't make it look like pecil.. don't know. The last part of your comment reminded me of this Picasso quote "It must be enough, not true? What more must I do? What more is there to add? everything has been said before"..
And he was proberly right everything has been said before, and as you said it there are million nudes outthere, so the only thing we properly can do is to change the way we say it... Thats why I really appreciate when You said they were unique
Not at all! Now you mention the Picasso quote, one from T.S. Eliot springs to mind, "art never improves, but that the material of art is never quite the same." I think sometimes the art establishment forgets that to do the same thing again with every part of you, is not the same thing at all. Kudos Multitudes

26-02-2006
Of a bastard line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Not at all! Now you mention the Picasso quote, one from T.S. Eliot springs to mind, "art never improves, but that the material of art is never quite the same." I think sometimes the art establishment forgets that to do the same thing again with every part of you, is not the same thing at all. Kudos Multitudes
You are right Sienna, it's not the same thing, but what I like about the Picasso qoute is that he reminds us that not to get fooled into believing in this fixation on "the new", because what an illusion that is. Reinvention in the repetition is where you find the difference, "Difference et Repetition" in Deleuzes words, the endless repetition creates the difference, not the fixation we have on "positive" personality trades, the subject. Let's desubjectisize it all, so we can create multiple notions of subjectivity, escaping established and dominant discourses... abolish those striated spaces. Reinvention of realism, to repeat my self , In one of his letters Van Gogh speaks of the necessity of making changes in reality that becomes lies which are truer than the pure truth. That is the only way an artist can recreate the intensity of the reality he attempts to capture. Reality in art is something profoundly artificial and that has to be create in the repetition to create something that is "never quit the same", otherwise it would be merely an illustration for some purpose and thus in fact hersay... Picasso puts it nicely and straight to the point in this little qoute... "I have often used pieces from a newspaper for my papercollages, but never to make a newspaper"... so yes it's never the same, if we keep this in mind and if we as you put avery part of our sensations into it... and Sienna for that kudos..

26-02-2006
front row

i only have one bit or art work on the computer, and it was just a really simple sketch, most of my work is way too textured to scan but i can take some photos at one point.. its inproportianate and has a smudged nose

jabzoog and multitudes yours really stood out to me, theyre great....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, art, gallery, tfs