How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2006
fashion elite

great one...

16-12-2006
fashion icon

am i the only that doesnt like this whole virtual thing?
maybe i am old fashioned...but i find putting so much effort into something i cant feel or touch and cant keep seems empty to me. no soul.

16-12-2006
a dim capacity for wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU
maybe i am old fashioned...but i find putting so much effort into something i cant feel or touch and cant keep seems empty to me. no soul.
i'm with you. for all the reasons you've stated and more.

16-06-2009
rising star

Fashion in Castlevania by Ayami Kojima

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU View Post
I understand where you're coming from. But in defense of the "virtual world", videogames to me are a way to escape reality and fuel imaginations, just like art, fashion, music, movies and whatnot.
All these things aren't necessarily tactile either, but they create stories and feelings, something that videogames is more than capable of doing.

Frankly I find this slightly negative attitude towards videogames as being a lesser form of entertainment as tiring. Of course it's virtuel and doesn't "exist" as such, but on the other hand so is everything else. You put in effort and emotions when you read a book and you feel the characters are real even though they are completely nonexistant, it's pretty much the same with videogames, it might even be more personable in games because you can end up being very involved in your characters.

17-06-2009
Fashion Designer

im such a gamer and i always find it very interesting how new videogames incorporate fashion to their characters, with the newer technology more and more details are added to the faces and the clothing too. its obvious this come from a designer that knows how the fabrics behave, the movement etc. i do think digital art is just another form of art, its just not a "touchable" one. i dont think of it as something without a soul, the artist is the one with the soul not the piece of art itself.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion or couture, games, throwing, video